PDA

View Full Version : the secret life of a knitter

Indygirl
01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
A friend gave me the book "Yarn Harlot" the secret life of a knitter, by Stephanie pearl-mcphee. It's such a funny book. If you knit you can relate. Just thought I'd share.

Ingrid
01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I'll have to look for that!

Jan in CA
01-11-2006, 11:53 PM
I got it for Christmas and I loved it! Made me laugh out loud several times!

margie
01-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I also received the book for Christmas. SO SO SO funny- if you haven't read it, get it- it WILL make you laugh out loud!!

kayeknit
01-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I have McPhee's other book ("At Knit's End") from the library now. I'll finish it today or tomorrow. It's so funny and fun to read. I REALLY want to read "Yarn Harlot", but my library is lacking that one. :crying: Guess I'll have to buy it sometime.

benniesma
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I've read both Stephanie's books and just love them! Definetly 'laugh out loud' funny. But for some reason I'd share a passage with DH and he didn't find it as amusing. :thinking:

Indygirl
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I've read both Stephanie's books and just love them! Definetly 'laugh out loud' funny. But for some reason I'd share a passage with DH and he didn't find it as amusing. :thinking:
I guess you just have to have experienced some of the things to appreciate the books :rollseyes: I try to tell my D.D. about how funny the stuff is, she tries to be nice about it, but I know she really doesn't get it :doh: I was reading it while waiting to get my turn at the hair dresser. I started to laugh until I had tears running down my face. I thought they might start to worry about me so I put it away :roflhard: I need to read it in the privacy of my home :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
oooo I keep eyeing that one up... I'll have to go check it out, now!

Ingrid
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I just ordered it. ;)

Indygirl
01-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I just ordered it. ;) :roflhard: I think everyone should have a copy :roflhard:

Ingrid
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I laughed til I cried at her other book. I'm sure I'll love this one, too. :cheering:

Indygirl
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, The way I see it. Kinitting is therapeutic. A trip to the LYS is therapy. The lunch at the little tea shop next door to the LYS is therapy. Laughter is good therapy(" Yarn Harlot") :roflhard: :roflhard: Sooo whatever I am spending on all this is really a good thing, RIGHT? ;) ;) because I need all the therapy I can get :devil:

kemp
01-13-2006, 12:44 AM
I like "secret life of" more than the first! It IS really funny...so many things to which I relate. I have it if anyone would like to buy it. $6.50 plus media mail shipping (which should be no more than $2.00) Its basically new...been read once, no creases.

Indygirl
08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I have started reading this book for the second time now. It's just as funny as the first.:roflhard: