PDA

View Full Version : How Do you Straighten New Circurcular Needles?

lovestoknit
01-15-2006, 10:06 AM
hello. i just got some new circular needles from walmart and i needed help to know how to straighten them out. they are still in the shape of when i got them and they don't want to become...........you know......... circular. anyway any tips will be very much appreciated. thanks and please! good tips!

BonnieM
01-15-2006, 10:09 AM
If the cables are plastic, you can dip them in hot water for a bit, and they should straighten right out.

Ingrid
01-15-2006, 10:10 AM
There are a few ways--one is to soak them in hot water and then pull them straight; blow them with a hot hair dryer; and someone recently suggested sitting on them for a while--let the heat and weight straighten them

lovestoknit
01-15-2006, 10:11 AM
what is your way of doing it? thanks a bunch for answering my question though! :D

Ingrid
01-15-2006, 10:14 AM
To be honest, I haven't. I've had most of my circs for years. When I get new ones I put them in my storage case thingy--its called Circular Solution--and having them hang there straightens them out. I've read about the hot water the most, though.

lovestoknit
01-15-2006, 10:15 AM
they are plastic. so should i put them under extremly hot water or okay hot water?

lovestoknit
01-15-2006, 10:16 AM
thanks so much for answering my question!

Ingrid
01-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'd start with hot where you can stand it on your hands and then lay the needles flat right away and hold them there until they cool. If that doesn't work, you could go hotter. I doubt you'd melt them from hottest tap water. I wouldn't put them in boiling water, though