PDA

View Full Version : FO- baby blankie, WIP- clapotis, new yarn......

margie
01-16-2006, 12:27 PM
I have been working on a Clapotis, using Karaoke- it feels as though it will take forever to finish, but I haven't really been working on it all that long, so I'm sure that it'll get done sooner than I think. The middle section has 12 repeats of 12 rows each........the picture doesn't really do it justice- you can see where I've done 3 dropped stitches on the right hand side.

I made a baby blankie for my neighbor, who is expecting a baby girl any day now. I used Plymouth Heaven- it was a super quick knit- on size 15 needles.

My LYS had their annual Big Yarn Sale this past weekend- I went on Saturday and got 10 skeins of Louisa Harding Kimono Angora, in a color called citrus. It is beautiful, and SO SO soft!! 70% angora, 25% wool, 5% nylon. It was on sale for $3.99 per ball!! Normally is is in the $10 range. I also got matching ribbon, to embellish with- and a book with the pattern for the sweater I want to make. I was so pleased with myself and the yarn that I went back on Sunday, and bought enough of another color of the same yarn for another sweater! I tried to take a picture of the book, it didn't come out too good but you get the idea.

Darhain
01-16-2006, 12:38 PM
The colors for that clapotis are beautiful! You look to be well on your way with it, and I'm sure you'll have it finished ASAP! :thumbsup:

Great score on the angora! That is some GORGEOUS yarn! Can't wait to see the sweater when it is finished!

Ingrid
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
That yarn is gorgeous!! My LYS will be having their big sale soon and I have a GC! Can't wait!

As you know, I love that Karaoke!! You Clapitis is looking great!

dustinac
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I have been wanting to try the Heaven yarn it feels so soft.. I wondered if I could make a pull over for my little girl out of it... I forgot about it till I seen your blanket :thinking:

The baby blanket looks great!! Can't wait to see the progress pictures of the sweater love the yarn!! Loving the Clapitis :thumbsup:

Mer
01-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Karaoke is perfect for that pattern! And I love the other yarns you've selected too.

Lana
01-17-2006, 12:04 AM
That baby blanket looks soft and cuddly.

"YUM" discribes that yarn perfectly.

I love violets and turquoise together.

Danielle
01-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I love the colors of the clapotis! The baby blanket looks great, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated! So warm and cuddly! You got a steal on the angora yarn!
:cheering: :thumbsup: :cheering: :thumbsup:

rebecca
01-17-2006, 01:43 AM
NICE SCORE.....AND
STUNNING CLAPPIE :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Angelia
01-17-2006, 08:35 AM
The clapotis looks gorgeous! And that sweater is going to be gorgeous too--I love that yarn!