PDA

View Full Version : OMG.. how CUTE are these bears????

misstialouise
01-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Baby Bobbi Bear (http://www.coolwoolz.co.uk/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16366&category_id=271)

Ingrid
01-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh my! They're so cute it's almost painful!! :heart:

humblestumble
01-18-2006, 01:15 AM
I've seen those before, and I gooshed at the site of them :) :inlove:

njknitter
01-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Soooo cute!

Here is a picture of a really simple teddy bear that I've made a few times. If anyone wants the pattern, I'm happy to post it. Very easy for beginners.

dustinac
01-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Those are really cute!!

njknitter I'd love to have the pattern that is really cute!!! :cheering:

njknitter
01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Here is the simple bear pattern for the picture I posted above. I use Berroco plush or Knit One Crochet Two fleece (pictured) for these. You'll need just 1 ball and will have some left over. Quick and easy to do.

Legs:
Cast On 2 st
kfb (knit into front and back) of both st - 4 st on needle
kfb, *K*, Kfb until 8 st on needle
knit 15 rows
snip yarn, push leg to end of needle
repeat all of the above for the second leg, but don't snip yarn on 2nd leg

Body:
Knit across both legs (16 st) to join
knit 5 rows
K2tog, *k*, k2tog
*k*
Repeat from ** to ** until 12 st on needle
knit 2 rows

Arms:
cast on 6 st at beginning of next row
knit across row - 18 st
cast on 6 st at beginning of next row
knit across row - 24 st
kfb, *k*, kfb
*k*
Repeat from ** to ** until 28 st on needle
knit 2 rows
K2tog, *k*, k2tog
*k*
Repeat from ** to ** until 24 st on needle
bind of 8 st at beginning of next row, then knit across rest of the row (16 st on needle)
bind of 8 st at beginning of next row, then knit across rest of the row (8 st on needle)

Head:
kfb, *k*, kfb until 18 st on needle
knit 10 rows
K2tog, *k*, k2tog until 8 st on needle
Bind off

Ears:
Pick up and knit 8 st beginning at one side of cast off row
knit 3 rows
K2tog, *k*, k2tog until 4 st on needle
Bind off
Repeat for 2nd ear

NOW, do the whole thing again for the other side of the bear!

Assembling:
Using same yarn on yarn needle, sew bear together and stuff as you go. Suggestion: Start at one side of the neck and go around the head, stuff head when you reach the other side. Continue around arm down to leg, stuffing each along the way. Continue around the next leg and arm, stuffing as you go. When you are close to the where you started sewing, stuff remaining part of body before closting up. Weave in any loose edges.

Finishing:
I usually tie a ribbon around the neck (reminding any new moms to take it off before giving to a wee little one to avoid chocking). The bear pictured has an eye cord instead of a ribbon.

Josie
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
njknitter -- thanks for the teddy bear pattern... I usually make a baby blanket for my friends when the have a baby, and I'd been looking for something to give them along with the blanket -- the teddy will be perfect!!

njknitter
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
You're very welcome! The last one I made was for my daughter's favorite teacher who was leaving to have her first baby. It was a great little something special beyond just chipping in a few dollars for the class gift.
Lynn