PDA

View Full Version : Help with adding beads in a pattern

ceeshouse
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi All,

If this is too far off topic please do not hesitate to let me know. Iíve just begun a felted bag that Iíve fallen in love with, but itís the first time Iím putting beads on in a pattern other than add a bead every X stitches. Please bear with the instructions to the question at the bottom. I want to make sure Iíve got this right before I get 80% around the bag only to realize Iíve done it wrong.

Here is the bag: (brown and blue stripe)

http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500829

Here are the instructions:

The bag is worked top down and in the first blue section, you have a pattern of 4 stitches that repeats 58 times around the row.

The pattern looks like this:

x x x x
x x x x
x x o x
x x x x
x x x x

with the ďoĒ representing the bead.

Here are the directions:
With ďCĒ work Chart I (chart above) in stocking st to end of chart reading rows from right to left note 4 st rep will be worked 58 times and placing beads as indicated.

The directions to actually place a bead read:

To place a bead: yf. Slide bead close to work. Sl1P yb bead sits on RS of fabric in front of slipped stitch.

I just want to verify that the 4 stitchs fo the pattern are:

The first knit stitch
The slip stitch the bead sits in front of
The purl
and
The final knit stitch.

Thanks for the help!

Alexis

Ingrid
01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Don't forget to put the yarn forward before you slip the stitch, and then put it back before you knit the one after the bead. ;)

So it's yarn forward, slip stitch, slide bead, yarn back. There isn't a purl stitch, but you should slip the stitch as if you were going to purl. Then knit the next stitch.

Make sense?

ceeshouse
01-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Thaks for the reply... I did the row around and it worked out well. Bun in the bead line it says Sl1P... doesn't that mean slip 1 stitch and purl?

Alexis

Ingrid
01-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Sl1P means slip one stitch purlwise.

ceeshouse
01-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I read through all the abbreviations and Sl1P isn't in there. Sl is which means slip stitch and P is which means purl, so naturally I took that ot mean slip one and purl

Oh well I kinda like the way it makes the bead sit out.. I think I'll leave it be.

thanks for our help.

Ingrid
01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
As long as you like it, then go for it.