PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's the big day....updated info

bubba
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Tomorrow morning we drive to Seattle and the doctors will remove the first part of the tumor that has grown into my husbands spine. He will be in the hospital there for the next five days. February 17th they will remove the part that is in his chest cavity.

We just got back from Borders where I bought my favorite knitting magazine, 'Simply Knitting' (it's from England) and I even left it in my car so I would have something to do while they are are operating tomorrow. In my purse I have the baby hat I am working on for our new grandson that gets here next month. It's about halfway done. In the issue of the magazine I got they have enclosed 15 tags to put into your knitted items...I thought that was kind of cool. If you have never seen or bought this magazine, I would recommend it, I think almost anyone would like it.

I think that's about it. Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow, because I am sure we will be needing every good thought that will be sent our way.

thanks,
pat.

ps-if anyone lives in this area, there is a big yarn expo that will be in the Sheraton in Tacoma the beginning of February. I think it last five days. It will have lots of vendors as well as classes (which you have to sign up and pay for in advance). I'm hoping I'll be able to give up my nursing duties long enough to wander downtown.

Boy, oh boy......we were at the hospital at 0601, they took him away at 0700 and I did not see him again until almost 1930! They were able to do everything today that they expected. During the surgery, they found the tumor to be much bigger than they thought, but the neurgosurgeon was able to get it all out of his spine. The second half of the surgery is supposed to be in three weeks, but because he lost over half his blood today and they could only replace 2/3 of that, they may have to wait longer until his bone marrow replaces what he is missing.

He was quite happy when he asked me to rub his feet and he could actually feel me touch his feet! It was great to see him smile. I think that made him happier than it did when I told him it was not cancer! Men.......(sorry to any man reading this!).

I thank you for all your good thoughts for today. I have to be back up there at 0800 tomorrow, so that means I will be leaving by 0600, and it is now time for bed.

Thanks again!

pat.

Danielle
01-24-2006, 12:36 AM
best wishes for your husband's surgery, prayers are being sent your way! :heart:

humblestumble
01-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Loving thoughts!

Lana
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
I'll add you and your hubby to my prayer list. Have a safe trip, too.

trucker945
01-24-2006, 02:11 AM
bubba, I hope he's okay... I know you're right about the children, but not all dragons like ketchup. Some of 'em like pickle loaf. Anyhoo... get well soon. Much love to you and yours. K :heart:

BonnieM
01-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I sure hope all goes well today for DH. All appendages are crossed for a successful surgery! It sounds as if you have plenty of things to keep you busy! I like Simply Knitting, too, and think it's cool that they include freebies. Check in when you can to let us know how he's doing. Take care of yourself, too!!!

Cristy
01-24-2006, 07:49 AM
my prayers will be with you. Please keep us posted.

Ronda
01-24-2006, 07:51 AM
:pray: You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Angelia
01-24-2006, 09:21 AM
:pray: for you and your husband! :heart: :heart:

dustinac
01-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Sending prayers and hugs to your family... :heart:

margie
01-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I'll be thinking of your husband over the next few weeks. I hope that the surgery goes well. :heart:

knitncook
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes; do keep us posted on your husband's progress.

PurlyGyrl
01-24-2006, 10:37 AM
:pray: being sent your way. Good luck. Take Care.

Pixywhispers
01-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Praying today for your comfort during the surgery and the whole situation, confidence to take care of any uncertain situations, dhs resillence, health, and humor, the Dr and staffs ability to make good decisions and treat him well in all things.

Please let us know how hes doing.

Candace

Jeremy
01-24-2006, 12:04 PM
My prayers for a complete and speedy healing.

feministmama
01-24-2006, 12:14 PM
~~~~~~ :heart: good health vibes :heart: ~~~~~~~~~~~

Carol_OH
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
love and prayers !