PDA

View Full Version : To frog or not to frog...

Ronda
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm seriously contemplating frogging 10 rows on a booga bag I'm making for a friend. I completed the bottom and picked up my stitches. I got 99 instead of the 100 stitches, but I decided to go with that. I'm about 10 rows up the sides and I've been going back and forth with myself on whether or not I should frog because somewhere (I can't remember which row) my stitch marker got caught on a loop and I really had to struggle to get it off. I thought I slipped a stitch at that point but when I looked REALLY close, I could not see it so I just kept going. The problem is that I MUST have slipped a stitch because 10 rows up the sides I now have 98 stitches. I've gone all the way around the bag looking for where I might have slipped the stitch, but I just don't see it. I tend to be a perfectionist, so that part of me wants to frog to where I pick up stitches and see if I can get 100 and start over from that point.

What would YOU do?

kitkat
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Having done a womping one booga......

I so would not worry about either of this issues!

nicolethegeek
01-24-2006, 10:44 AM
If I couldn't see it, I would just leave it. Any small imperfections will be hidden by the felting anyway. I know how frustrating it can be, but I would simply call it "my mistake for the project since nothing is perfect" and go on.

margie
01-24-2006, 10:54 AM
For anything that is felted, I say DON'T frog!! 2 stitches out of 100 is so small- if you couldn't see it when you looked, you certainly won't notice it once it is felted. :thumbsup:

BonnieM
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I say don't frog, too. I doubt the one stitch lost will run after it's felted. But, if it's reeeeaalllly going to bug you....

knitqueen
01-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Especially for a project that wil be felted, don't frog it. What I would do personally is increase one stitch on either side, to bring me to the 100 stitches, and keep on going.

Ronda
01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
But, if it's reeeeaalllly going to bug you....

That is what I'm afraid of! LOL

Amber
01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Especially for a project that wil be felted, don't frog it. What I would do personally is increase one stitch on either side, to bring me to the 100 stitches, and keep on going.

That's probably what I would do. Sort of a compromize-- not frogging the whole thing, but not leaving it as it is either. ;)

knitncook
01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
What wool are you knitting with for your booga? I have found that felting hides a multitude of unique knitting.

Ronda
01-24-2006, 06:57 PM
For this one I'm using WOTA. I'm just ready to sit down and work on the bag and I still have not made up my mind! Had I not dropped the stitch somewhere, I would just keep going with the 99 stitches, because that is how I did my last booga and it turned out great. But that one dropped stitch is what bothers me.

BonnieM
01-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Aw, go ahead and fix it. You'll sleep better tonight. If you're like me, since it's for a friend, you want it to be right...right? :D

Even though it would be fine if you didn't fix it LOL

Ronda
01-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Aw, go ahead and fix it. You'll sleep better tonight. If you're like me, since it's for a friend, you want it to be right...right? :D

I frogged. I wanted it perfect for my friend. Thanks for all the positive encouragement though! :heart:[/quote]