PDA

View Full Version : We got our house!

Cristy
01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
We got our house--the seller agreed to our counter-offer. Termits was just activity--not damage. :) Just an update..

Ingrid
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
:cheering: :cheering: WOO HOO!!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Sara
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Congrats! :balloons:

Vendie
01-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Yay!!! Congrats!!! :cheering:

blueeyes28
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BinkyKat
01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Congratulations on becoming a landowner!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Danielle
01-25-2006, 10:29 PM
:cheering::balloons: :happydance: :cheering: Congratulations!! :cheering: :balloons: :happydance: :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Good for you! Congratulations!!

Cristy
01-26-2006, 12:39 AM
thanks guys! We are really excited!

Now if I can just find a way to convince dh that we really do need new living room furniture....it's sad...we have a beautiful solid oak entertainment unit that we got and awesome deal on when a furniture store was going out of business. Beyond that...we have a leather recliner that is beat up my fil almost threw it out when helping us move (it has sentimental value...it belonged to my papa) and a sofa that my dh had in his home office when he was married the first time--I think he and the ex got it from her mother! And now it's in my livingroom!!! It's ugly with stains... That's the only furniture we have (in the living room of our apartment)

I'm trying to start small but the livingroom is the first thing you see when you come in and it's so beautiful with the bricked fireplace and vaulted ceilings... :( :crying:

I brought it up tonight and his response was "I know it'll be sparse for a while and it's going to drive you crazy".

That doesn't sound promising...

BonnieM
01-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Congratulations on your new home!!!!

dustinac
01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
:cheering: Congrats on your new house!!! I Hope your dh agrees soon on the furniture!!

jodstr2
01-26-2006, 11:44 AM
:heart: oh awesome!!!! congrats!!! good luck with everything, and most of all, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Cristy
01-26-2006, 11:45 AM
we'll have fun--and I've just got to be okay w/ old furniture. I have the house--bad furniture won't hurt for a while. :) (see..positivity does work!)

feministmama
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
When's the new house party? Are we all invited? :happydance: Congrats!

CarmenIbanez
01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Well we haven't bought our house yet, but we are living in it, so I know how happy you must be! Trust me, as much as the furniture might bother you, you'll be so thrilled at being there, that it won't be as bad as you think. Will you have a yarn room? :-)

Stonington
01-26-2006, 12:12 PM
AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :cheering: YOUR OWN PLACE--HOW EXCITING! :balloons:

anne
southern maine

Andrea
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
:balloons: Congratulations!! :balloons:

Cristy
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM
When's the new house party? Are we all invited? :happydance: Congrats!

Yep--the whole forum can come for all I care! And no--I don't have a yarn room...I have a yarn basement all to myself! LOL!

Ellen Edwards
01-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Congrats!! It sounds wonderful--hope you have many happy years there. :cheering:

Angelia
01-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Congrats, Cristy!! :balloons:

And you have your own yarn basement?! Heaven!! :heart: :heart: You could pack a bunch of us in there!

And I know what you mean about needing new furniture...We may be buying a house, and the dh promised a year or so ago that when we move, we can get new LR furniture. I'm not sure he remembers this since when I reminded him of it yesterday, he looked at me like I'd just spoken in a foreign language...keep working on yours, just as I'll keep working on mine! ;)

Cristy
01-28-2006, 09:17 AM
The craziest thing happened yesterday..dh started emailing me pics of furniture he liked--you could only understand the magnitude of this if you knew my dh--he is probably the cheapest most non-materialistic human on the planet. So I came home, got ready to go shopping (he had asked if I wanted to go looking) and then before he even got home, my dad called to tell me that they were giving me their leather furniture ($3500 worth of furniture) that has never been used--just sits in th sitting room. Has a built in sofa bed--I was in shock...and then dh came to me and told me that we'd buy furniture if I wanted--not to accept what my dad was offering just to have new furniture...he said he wanted me to have new furniture if I wanted it...

who stole my dh and who is this man they've replaced him with???!!!?!

I'm taking dad's furniture--if he's serious about giving it to me--the money we would have spent can be saved.

Have I mentioned that my dad is awesome?!??!

Angelia
01-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow, Cristy, you've got two wonderful men in your life!! :heart:

Furniture!! :happydance:

Cristy
01-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I know...it's exciting! ;)