PDA

View Full Version : OT - Temporary Goodbye

MaryS
01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone :waving:

I've decided I need to quit my current job before I have a nervous breakdown. :( I can't face another tax season or any kind of accounting right now.

Unfortunately, the only internet access I have is at work, so I'm going to have to say Goodbye to you all for a while. I will (eventually) get internet service at home. Right now I'm feeling VERY computer illiterate on top of feeling useless at my job.

I want to thank you all for your friendship and support during the last year. KK, Ingrid, Hildie, PHM, K4BB, DotMom, Julie, Holly, Cate, Enormir, margie, Amy, rebecca, Jan in CA, Joel, Rorshack, Norman, Fibergirl, MFG,
Suzie, foldedbird, Tia, and SO MANY others have become part of my daily life, and I'm going to miss you all a lot. :crying:

I'll check in here when I can, but I probably won't be back until the end of Feb at the earliest. (By the time I get back Kelly's blog will be at 400 pages, I'm sure) :rofling:

Happy Knitting and have a wonderful rest of the winter - and let's hope the Groundhog DOESN'T see his shadow. (Woodstock, IL was so much fun I rented the movie the day I got back to MI.)

:XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

MaryS

Andrea
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
:crying: Bye Mary! Get internet soon!!! :waving:

Jeremy
01-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Bye. Hope all goes well and I'm sure its all for the best. Maybe you can use the library to go online.

lisak
01-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I feel your pain! :( I am in accounting too, but not public - I would definitely go crazy. I have been so busy lately with work that I can barely ever read anything or respond. I also haven't had as much time for knitting either which is worse!

Hope you get back to the forum soon and find another job that suits you. :D

foldedbird
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
NOooOOooooo!

Pixywhispers
01-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Mary,

I was just getting to know you. :(

Good for you that you know how to walk away from a job when you need to.

Hey theres always the library computer!

Hope to see you soon.

Candace

jodstr2
01-26-2006, 12:48 PM
:crying: Bye Mary! Get internet soon!!! :waving:

what she said.

take care of yourself Mary, and good luck. congrats on making a decision to do something for YOU :D. *hugs*

margie
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
:( Bye for now, Mary- hope to see you back again soon.

KellyK
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
OH MARY!!!!!! We'll miss you!!!!! Sounds like you are doing the best thing for you right now, though.....send me some contact info so I can keep you posted about knit-togethers!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Danielle
01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Bye Mary, take care! :waving: We'll miss you!

kitkat
01-26-2006, 01:08 PM
<-------she is in public accounting.....GAK!

Oh Mary I can definitely understand - not sure how I am going to get through yet another busy season! Even though our office doesn't officially start until Feb., I am already doing 10 hour days and weekends....and I am part time!

We will miss you - come back soon!

Sara
01-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Come back soon! Best wishes for a smooth transition.

Julie
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Hope you find a happy place to work soon! And get lots of knitting done in the meantime! :D

There's always the library, you know.... ;)

Take care!!

CateKnits
01-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I hope you find a less stressful job! :heart: I'll miss you, Mary. What Andrea said, get internet soon. ;) :waving:

Ingrid
01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes, come back as soon as you can!!!! The library is a wonderful idea! :cheering:

feministmama
01-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Take Care of yourself. Bye :waving:

dustinac
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Take care and hope to see you posting again soon :(

Angelia
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Sad :waving:

I hope you find another, more fulfilling and less stressful job soon--and of course with that must come internet access!

I hope knitting gives you comfort, at least, as you work through everything.

Take care, and I hope we see you back very soon! (And yes, get to the library!)

:heart: Hugs :heart:

Lana
01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Mary, I was without a computer at home for almost a year. I used the computers at our public library.
It got me out of the house every day, something I don't do now.
AND I met a librarian who knits and told me about the LYS I didn't know was in the next town.

Other people came in to do job searches and more important things than I was doing. :rollseyes:
Lana

wildforyarn
01-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Bye Mary and take care! I agree with the others, the library is a great resource for internet access! Stop by there and come visit us sometime soon! We will keep you sane! ;)

humblestumble
01-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I vote - library library! :cheering: :cheering:

*hug* but most of all, make sure you keep on :XX: along!

misstialouise
01-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh Mary!!!!!

We hope to see you back REALLY soon!!!

Will miss you!!!!!

Cristy
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
we'll miss you--hurry back!

Vendie
01-26-2006, 07:10 PM
We'll miss you Mary!! Good luck in your next career, whatever it may be!

Oh, has anyone mentioned maybe you could use the library's computers to check in here? :roflhard:

Angelia
01-26-2006, 07:17 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

We're not subtle, are we?

punkhippiemom
01-28-2006, 09:12 PM
My DSis is studying for her CPA right now... should I warn her??? :rofling:
Before I start singing "You light up our life" ;) I'll just say that we'll miss you and I seem to recall that there's some sort of free, public internet access... can't quite recall where, tho :??

yes I'm a smarta$$ - so what else is new?? :roflhard:

BinkyKat
01-28-2006, 09:50 PM
We'll miss you Mary!
Best wishes that you find a fabulous new job that satisfies you. I hope to someday. It takes guts to make a break for it! :thumbsup:
We look forward to hearing from you again :D
Take care, rest, and renew! :heart:
Jodie

MaryS
05-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Thank you all - I haven't hit up the library yet, but I'm on my son's computer today.
Here's my update: My job burnout wasn't entirely - or even mostly due to my job. :shock: It turns out I had a very severe case of pneumonia which was undiagnosed for quite a while. I had no real symptoms except tiredness. It took three different antibiotics, two sets of chest X-rays, and two CAT scans to finally get rid of this for the most part. All the tiredness and most of the depression I'd been attributing to work were actually physically based. :doh: I've been off work for over three months, and my Dr. just told me I could start back to work slowly - 3 or 4 hours a day for 2 or 3 days a week to start. Not being able to breathe was a real pain and very scary. For three months about all I've done was sleep (about 14 hours a day), read, watch TV, and KNIT!!!! I've gotten a lot done - socks, sweaters, and an afghan.
Anyway, my boss refused to accept my resignation. He put me on a leave of absence (unfortunately unpaid), but at least I have some options. My energy is taking a long time to come back, and walking more than about half a mile will wind me, but it's better than mid-February when I needed to rest and catch my breath halfway up my one flight of stairs in my condo. There's still some abnormalities on my CAT scan, so I get to have one every three months to make sure nothing is still growing in there.
I'm looking forward to spending time back at KH. :cheering: :happydance:
I've really missed all of you!!!!

When did Ingie pass KK in the posting dept.? :?? :shock: ;)
I've been gone WAAAAAYYYYYY too long, and it 'll be great to get back online!!!!! Without KH I've been feeling really isolated. I :heart: you all!!!!

HAPPY KNITTING!!!!!!! :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

MaryS

*KnitPixie*
05-06-2006, 06:22 PM
:waving: :waving: Don't stay away from us to long.

dustinac
05-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Nice to see you posting!! :shock: you have been through alot :heart: I hope you feel better soon and that you have a safe but quick recovery!!!

aylaanne
05-06-2006, 06:33 PM
wow! that's pretty scary, I'm glad you're getting better!

Vendie
05-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh Mary, that sounds horrible! I had something kinda similar - not pneumonia, but some sort of nasty infection/inflammation that really just dragged me down throught the mud for a couple of months. This was several years ago, but whew, it took a long time to recover from that!

Well, I hope that once you do get your energy back, that it really was the pneumonia that was affecting your enthusiasm for your job! There's been a severe rash of lack of job satisfaction going on around here lately! Don't want you to get caught up in it!

:heart: :heart: hope you feel 110% better soon! It was good to see you around here again!

Holly
05-06-2006, 11:14 PM
{{{{Mary}}}} -- somehow I missed your orginal post, and have just caught up on your troubles with work and the pneomunia. I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend, and hope that your energy returns quickly! Take Care!!!

Angelia
05-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Glad you're back with us and on the mend!! :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Geez..that sounds awful! Glad you're on the mend! :heart:

DotMom61
05-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Mary --

Like Holly, your original message blew right by me. I *have* missed your posts, though!!! I, personally, am having a really hard time keeping up w/ everything that goes on out here. I'm really glad I ran across this thread, though, and I'm so happy that you found out what was dragging you down. But I think that job dissatisfaction would have been a whole lot easier to take than being that sick.

I hope you spring back to normal *real* soon! You're in my prayers!!