PDA

View Full Version : Short Row Hell

knittingdoula
01-31-2006, 04:36 AM
So I'm knitting these longies, and I"m on the short rows in the back. It's essentially creating more space for all the tushy padding from a fitted diaper. You knit more and more short rows until you get to the side seams.

Frankly, I think that if Bug, my Maine Coon cat, had knit these damn things, they would look better. :rollseyes: I keep following Amy's videos and yet they still look stupid. I haven't frogged it all, seeing as it's my first pair of longies, and I want to actually get them on the baby before she outgrows them. Plus, the yarn is so yummy (Malabrigo Citrus) that I just love working with it, not ripping it out. I'll post more pictures later. For now, I just need sympathy about short rows. And anyone can throw chocolate, should they feel the need. :D

Ok, I'm heading back into my short rows ... they'll be done soon enough, even if they do look a bit sucky. Blegh. By the way, it isn't the pattern. Theresa's instructions are superb.

Alison[/img]

KellyK
01-31-2006, 08:20 AM
:( I pout for you!! :(
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lana
01-31-2006, 05:45 PM
If my old scanner worked with my new windows, I could share with you.
I tried taking pictures, but that didn't work.

I have a wonderful book which has good pictutres and well written instructions for short rows.
It's the Big Book of Knitting by Katharina Buss
I bought it Hobby Lobby a couple years ago and have seen it in book stores.
You could try your public library.
Lana :frog:

earthchick
01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Sending my sympathy your way. Am also now a bit apprehensive, as Theresa's longies pattern has been on my to-knit list for quite some time and other projects keep cutting in line. I've had 6 skeins of Manos yarn waiting for me to make two pairs of longies for almost 3 months now. :blush:

Good luck to you! Can't wait to see finished pics.

punkhippiemom
01-31-2006, 06:04 PM
*tosses a couple of Hershey bars your way*
Aww, sorry they're being such a PITA, but I think they look great, and that yarn... it's so yummy you shouldn't need chocolate!! :roflhard:

PurlyGyrl
02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO! :cheering: Yes, I'm cheering you on. I hate short rows too, but the longies are SO CUTE. We must see pictures of the longies with baby inserted when you finish. Go Girl Go! :happydance:

Darhain
02-01-2006, 03:05 PM
At least you started with the Picky Pants pattern. I thought I'd be brilliant and start with the Perfection Pants pattern. Ummm, no. Theresa's instructions are really clear and you have so many options, if you don't want to do the short rows. The Perfection Pants pattern was WAY OVER MY HEAD!

I think the pants look great from the front! Is the shaping looking odd in the back, or what?

kemp
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Those will look so good in Citrus Mal. Keep it up...I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as you think!

Julie
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The more you do them, the easier they will get! :D