PDA

View Full Version : OT - Anyone a member of Crafter's Choice Book Club?

CarmenIbanez
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I am having the worst time with them. I respond to them that I don't want the monthly selection and they send it anyway. UGH. It is driving me crazy.

brendajos
02-01-2006, 06:04 PM
oy...i have one of their catalogs in my bag that i have been carrying around...have been thinking about signing up but wasn't really excited about the available books. already had the ones that really interested me. may have to keep thinking about it! :rollseyes:

CarmenIbanez
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
They have an OKAY selection, and let me tell you I picked some great books for my library. But I had none, so it wasn't hard to impress me. Other than sending me books when I don't want them, they have been okay. The deals are not that great until you factor in the cheap (free?) books you get in the beginning. When they all average out it is an okay price. Now I am just buying from them to fulfill my obligation.

VickiIL
02-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I joined and then quit after my one obligation. Pretty much all I wanted I was able to get through the enrollment books and the one I bought....after that there wasn't a large selection. If you are a crafter that is interested in more than just knitting (say scrapbooking, sewing...) Then there is more to choose from.

Debbie
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
If they send you a book you didn't order, just put it back in the package, tape it up and write RETURN TO SENDER, DID NOT ORDER on the package and put it in the mail ... no need to pay postage. They will credit your account. This has happened to me twice and I had no problem returning or getting credit. This last catalog had buy one at reg price and anything else is 50% off. I went on line and ordered ... but the discount didn't come up. After several emails it got straightned out ... bottom line is that if it is a catalog special you have to do it by mail or phone BUT ... they credited my account for the catalog special ..... so , I am pretty happy with them ... and a total sucker for books!

CarmenIbanez
02-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah I know, but they sent me a letter that OH-SO-PLEASANTLY reminded me that it is my responsibility to respond to my selections, not to just accept them and then ship them back! I tried to explain that I had indeed responded, but alas it fell on deaf ears. It's not really that big a deal.

dustinac
02-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I also have have been debating and wondered if it would become a hassle each month sending a book back.. I don't like how our P.O. is set up so only go when I have too... need to buy some kinda scale so I can just do it all from home :D

A few years ago I joined a book club and would even send that card back as soon as I got it to stop the next book.. didn't work I finally had to call and get a supervisor and then never had anymore trouble... I Hope you get it figured out soon!!

BinkyKat
02-01-2006, 11:59 PM
i'm a member and actually reply to the selection online. i am NOTORIOUS for forgetting to send the card back and DH went :rollseyes: when i signed up for the club cuz he knows that about me... but i haven't had one iota of trouble doing it that way! :thumbsup:

RachelJean
02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I have been a member for a long time. The automatic selection stuff was getting to me, too, so I called to cancel my membership. They asked me why I wanted to cancel, and when I told them, they said they could change my membership so that I don't get anything automatically. I forget what they call it, but it's much better this way. I still get the regular mailings, but I only get something sent to me if I actually request it. I guess you probably have to be done with your obligation before they'll let you change your membership, though.

mailgirl
02-02-2006, 01:36 PM
If they send you a book you didn't order, just put it back in the package, tape it up and write RETURN TO SENDER, DID NOT ORDER on the package and put it in the mail ... no need to pay postage. They will credit your account. This has happened to me twice and I had no problem returning or getting credit. This last catalog had buy one at reg price and anything else is 50% off. I went on line and ordered ... but the discount didn't come up. After several emails it got straightned out ... bottom line is that if it is a catalog special you have to do it by mail or phone BUT ... they credited my account for the catalog special ..... so , I am pretty happy with them ... and a total sucker for books!

if you open it or open the envelope you have to pay postage. I wonder why you did not have to pay poatage? You got lucky! :heart: :D

ecuzzacrea
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
you definitely got lucky!

i am a member of Book-Of-The-Month club which runs the Crafter's one. once you break the seal on the box or the envelope they won't take it back with "return to sender." that's my experience at least and what i was told by the Post Office.

anyways i've NEVER had a problem with BOMC and i've been a member for at least 6 years now. i don't have any experience with the Crafter's club though.

Celine
02-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I have been a member MANY times over the years of Crafter's Choice bookclub. That's how I got my "library of books". lol I have never had them send me a book I did not want. I respond to their selection of the month right on line..so they don't ever send me what I don't want.

I will say that the books aren't less expensive thru the club. But the signing up part is the BEST part of the whole deal.

JLC
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I sent back a shipment I got right around Christmas time. I usually decline online, but with the holiday craziness, I apparently forgot, so when I got the package in the mail, I knew I didn't want it so I didn't even open it. I took it to the post office and asked them to return it because it was unopened, which they did - no charge. Then I contacted the company by e-mail a few weeks later because my account was still showing the charge. They said to wait up to 4 weeks for the credit to show up. I checked the status on Friday after reading this thread and now I had a $4 late fee for not paying the $47.xx charge. So I e-mailed again and said that I had sent the shipment back. They said that they did not have a record of the return, but they credited my account the full amount. I don't find much from them that I want after the initial books I got when I signed up.