PDA

View Full Version : Way OT: I am such a schmuck!!!

margie
02-02-2006, 07:20 AM
I feel so bad. My son lost a tooth, put it in his tooth fairy pillow last night and the tooth fairy forgot to come. He woke up this morning at 5:50 am to go to the bathroom, and checked his pillow. He was so sad!! I'm waiting to see if he goes back to sleep, but he might not at this point. I am kicking myself...... :wall:

kimmie
02-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Well...I'm thinking that sometimes what the fairy brings is so heavy that she needs extra help from other fairies and it takes an extra day to deliver. Just a thought...

OR, maybe she's a confused fairy and put the gift under the wrong pillow.... maybe he needs to check the rest of the pillows in the house just in case...

kimmie

Ingrid
02-02-2006, 08:46 AM
My mother forgot for me once. I knew there wasn't a 'real' tooth fairy, but she didn't know that for sure. I acted surprised when I came out of the bathroom to find money under my pillow.

Sara
02-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Our DD didn't lose her teeth until quite late, so she was over the moon that SHE was finally going to get a visit. Of course I forgot to do the deed. She was crushed.

The next night, the tooth fairy left the loot with a note saying that she was SO busy with so many teeth that she couldn't get to our house the night before. It made DD happy and now it's a popular family story about the note from the tooth fairy.

dustinac
02-02-2006, 08:52 AM
:heart: Margie :heart: I like the ideas so far of being confused so left it another pillow or leaving a note tonight saying she was busy.... I know its hard not to feel bad but it will be ok....

kitkat
02-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I would either leave under another pillow with a note, or leave tomorrow. And perhaps leave a little "extra" although that can set a bad precedent LOL.

When my son was 12, he had to have 11 baby teeth pulled (they werent coming out any time in the near future- both of my kids, like their mom, were very late developmentally). Somewhere I had gotten into the $1 for teeh that fell out, and 5$ for teeth that were pulled....believe me he had so done the math and made numerous comments about how much the tooth fairy should bring.....I actually gave him $75....it was a pretty big deal and he was a pretty brave soldier about the whole thing.

What was amazing was how fast the adult teeth came in after that!

Lana
02-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Oh, I did the same. I was thinkin' on my feet that mornin' and told her,
"It's Saturday. The tooth fairy does't work on weekends." That worked.

knitncook
02-02-2006, 09:30 AM
The toothfairy has gotten lost here as well. Once it took her 2 days to make it. My oldest dd took over toothfairy duties about 2 years ago for her younger brother and I have to admit she does a much better job than I do! :roflhard:

margie
02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks, everyone. He did end up going back to sleep, and I was able to sneak the tooth out and put the money in. He is close to the age of not believing, and so I wasn't sure if he was going to believe that she came after he had gone back to sleep, but it appears that he does. If he were to ask me, I'd tell him the truth, but I would just hate for it to end because I was a doofus and forgot. :doh:

CateKnits
02-02-2006, 10:41 AM
I remember one time losing a tooth in the middle of the day and presenting it to my dad when he came home from work. "Look, I got it out. Where's my dollar?" I didn't much care for the tooth fairy. :lol: Or Santa, for that matter. I could hear my dad wrapping the presents Christmas Eve night when I was supposed to be asleep. :twisted: The year Tickle Me Elmo was popular, I got one...and he set it off while attempting to wrap it! :roflhard:

Pixywhispers
02-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Ive done the same thing!

We left a note the next night. I burnt the edges of some cream paper and then put fairy dust on it. (Glitter) It is a cherished item of my kids.

Angelia
02-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh Cate, your poor dad!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I'm glad you got to sneak the money in, Margie! :heart: :heart:

blueeyes28
02-02-2006, 11:00 AM
The last tooth my son lost I got caught making the exchange and accused of trying to steal the tooth because I didn't want him to have any money and thats what he told his friends at school.

brendajos
02-02-2006, 11:04 AM
The last tooth my son lost I got caught making the exchange and accused of trying to steal the tooth because I didn't want him to have any money and thats what he told his friends at school.

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

dustinac
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM

:roflhard: how cute!!!

My son has an older cousin who has just started losing his teeth they were together the first weekend in Dec. and when Isaiah came home we noticed he kept trying to do something to his teeth... a few days went by and dh caught him again so he asked what are you doing?? He said well Alex got some money from a tooth fairy for his teeth cause they got wiggly and came out.. so I want mine to come out... dh told him the tooth fairy doesn't come if you pull them out before they are wiggly she likes them with wiggly marks on them... LOL Isaiah was like okkkkk.... then he asked me where the tooth fairy lived I was like umm.. in a house made of teeth.. he told me to try again :rollseyes:

Its fun when they think santa is coming or the fairy but if he was to ask I'd tell him... I figure next year when he starts school someone will tell him thats how I found out my mom was so mad... I went to Kindergarten beliveing came home one day not...

Angelia
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM

OMG! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

And Dustina: "wiggly marks"? That is adorable! :roflhard: :roflhard:

gardenmommy
02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Here's a hard one to explain....why does the tooth fairy bring OTHER kids different amounts of money? My 7-year-old daughter asked me that the other day as she had just lost a tooth and got a dollar, but the tooth fairy brings TWO DOLLARS (or more!) to other kids. I think I said that each house has their own tooth fairy and so each one does things a little bit differently.

blueeyes28
02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
I always wonder if my son already knows the truth and just keeps me going for the money :thinking:

Lisa1216
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
My mom swears that my sister and I believed in Santa until we were in our teens. :doh: I've told her that we only went along with her so the presents wouldn't stop.

CarmenIbanez
02-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh well. When my son was old enough (like this year!) we talked about the spirit of Santa. How just because Santa doesn't come to everyone's house, each mom and dad have the spirit of Santa in their heart. That is how they know just what to buy, even if it isn't on a list.

Working in an elementary school, these issue are a bone of contention around the holidays. I tell the kids that I still believe. And maybe a little part of me still does.....

Jeremy
02-02-2006, 01:19 PM
FYI, Schmuck is the Yiddish term for something that fills a willie warmer which I think is kind of being harsh on the tooth fairy :D Which reminds me of a joke! An old Jewish man retires to Florida and is very lonely. One day he goes to the circus and sees a camel. He eventually comes to buy the camel as a pet. He loves the camel and every day goes out riding on it. One morning he comes out of his apartment and the camel is gone. In a panic, he calls the police. "What color was the camel?" the officer asks. "Vat color, I dunno, camel color, brown I guess" "And how tall is the camel?" "Lets see, about 6 or 7 feet I guess" " And was it male or female?" "This I really don't know..... I know! Its a boy camel!" "Why" asked the policeman, "were you so unsure before but now you know?"
"Cause every day when I would ride my camel up and down the street, people would point at us and yell "Look at the schmuck on that camel" :D

Pixywhispers
02-02-2006, 01:23 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jeremy! I cant wait to tell my husband that one!

brendajos
02-02-2006, 01:24 PM
FYI, Schmuck is the Yiddish term for something that fills a willie warmer which I think is kind of being harsh on the tooth fairy :D

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

Jan in CA
02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
As you can see we've all had that problem at one time or another! One time my daughters wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy because they figured if she wrote back that would mean she was real. They still talk about that and not too long ago were discussing their Tooth Fairy's names. :roflhard: :roflhard:

khewes
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I forgot my daughter's first tooth fairy tooth too. We had a dog at the time. I put a dollar bill on my dresser when I realized and when she woke up, I told her Cinnamon had been trying to get the dollar (she chewed paper) and I had wrestled it away for her.

But the absolute best Tooth Fairy story was my nephew. He had cerebral palsy and he came home with this tooth. My sister inspected his mouth and didn't see any missing. He informed her it was "woowis' (Louis') toof and that "woowis'" toof fairy only paid a quarter, where as Sean's paid a dollar. They made a deal that Sean would put the tooth under the pillow, get the buck and they'd split it down the middle.
:roflhard:

Ingrid
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
:roflhard: The next Donald Trump!

Carol_OH
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I feel so bad. My son lost a tooth, put it in his tooth fairy pillow last night and the tooth fairy forgot to come. He woke up this morning at 5:50 am to go to the bathroom, and checked his pillow. He was so sad!! I'm waiting to see if he goes back to sleep, but he might not at this point. I am kicking myself...... :wall:

oh my I SO feel for you!

Once when my son was small and I did the tooth fairy thing, I had forgotten the first night to put anything under his pillow (and made up some excuse like what was mentioned above). So the second night I just HAD to put something under the pillow and, I realised late at night that all I had was a TWENTY DOLLAR BILL!

:shock:

yep, he was esp pleased with the tooth fairy that morning!

:roflhard:

NesanelRose
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Wait..what?! There's no tooth fairy! Gee, thanks guys for spoiling my parents fun and dashing out all my hopes and dreams!

:P

Ingrid
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Wait..what?! There's no tooth fairy! Gee, thanks guys for spoiling my parents fun and dashing out all my hopes and dreams!

:P

If you've still got your baby teeth, maybe you're on the wrong forum! :roflhard:

Lana
02-02-2006, 07:05 PM
FYI, Schmuck is the Yiddish term for something that fills a willie warmer which I think is kind of being harsh on the tooth fairy :D

I lived in Skokie for 14 years, so when I saw this post I was :roflhard: even before I read it.

It was nice of Jeremy to explain so delicately.
Love the joke!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
02-02-2006, 08:05 PM
If you've still got your baby teeth, maybe you're on the wrong forum! :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Esp. after Jeremy's post (which I loved, btw!! :roflhard: :roflhard:)

And how does willie warmer manage to appear in almost every thread? It's as ubiquitous as boobies now!

Indygirl
02-02-2006, 08:43 PM

This is just soo cute. :roflhard: :roflhard: He sounds delightful ;)

Indygirl
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I always wonder if my son already knows the truth and just keeps me going for the money :thinking:
Tee Hee, I would....... :lol:

Indygirl
02-02-2006, 08:57 PM
[quote="khewes"]I forgot my daughter's first tooth fairy tooth too. We had a dog at the time. I put a dollar bill on my dresser when I realized and when she woke up, I told her Cinnamon had been trying to get the dollar (she chewed paper) and I had wrestled it away for her.

But the absolute best Tooth Fairy story was my nephew. He had cerebral palsy and he came home with this tooth. My sister inspected his mouth and didn't see any missing. He informed her it was "woowis' (Louis') toof and that "woowis'" toof fairy only paid a quarter, where as Sean's paid a dollar. They made a deal that Sean would put the tooth under the pillow, get the buck and they'd split it down the middle.
:roflhard:[/quote
Gotta love that kid :thumbsup:

brightspot
02-03-2006, 02:27 AM
My dd and I have had the most fun with the toothfairy. I think she has always known it was me. She writes a note with each tooth. She has even left a glass of water "since the toothfairy must get thirsty with so much flying". She always asks the toothfairy questions. It is great. The toothfairy always writes back. One time she asked the toothfairy why her notes were normal size if she was a little fairy so the toothfairy told her that the Easter bunny wrote them for her on his typewriter because she was too little. A few times ago the toothfairy told her about the great new computer that she had gotten that hooked to her waist. I wrote out the note normal size and then shrunk the font to as small as it would go. She had to get the maginfying glass out! I still give money to them all, even the teens :D , but youngest dd and I have a wonderful time with it. She and the toothfairy get into some really interesting conversations :angelgrin: