PDA

View Full Version : I signed up for the KO. HELP!?!

ChroniclesofYarnia
02-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I signed up for the knitting olympics, and I signed up with an afghan for my dd. This truly is an olympic feat for me, because at the same time I am going to be working on stuff for my new site.

Anyhow, I need to know how much yardage I need to find for a cable-y afghan. I am going to do the design myself, but need a little expert opinion on the ordering. I need to get it ordered TODAY or else I will be SOL.

Thanks!

butterflymama
02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Here (http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/tools/EstimatingYardageRectangles.html) is a calculator to figure out how much you would need for stockinette stitch. Maybe you could guesstimate from there?

ChroniclesofYarnia
02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh thank you!!! I can definitely go from there. :)

Jan in CA
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
An afghan in TWO weeks?! :shock: You must knit fast!!

nicolethegeek
02-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Good luck YM! I can crochet a full-sized ghan in a week... but knitted?!? :shock:

ChroniclesofYarnia
02-03-2006, 11:06 PM
I do knit pretty fast, and I am thinking that I will use a chunky-ish yarn. I'm also gonna pick a fast stitch to design the blanket around. :lol:

I think it qualifies for "olympic" magnitude. Plus, did you see what stephanie is doing. :shock:

Angelia
02-04-2006, 09:55 AM
What Stephanie's doing scares the crap out of me! :shock: I wouldn't be able to WATCH the Olympics at all, what with all the pattern-following! It is a lovely sweater pattern, though...someday...

And wow, knitting an afghan in a two weeks...that does qualify as an Olympic event! The marathon, combined with some sort of speed event! :notworthy: