PDA

View Full Version : I have a design idea...help please...

Cristy
02-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I have a design idea but I don't know how to design anything--the pattern would be for a scarf--it's the designs on the scarf that I don't know how to "implement". help...

Ingrid
02-03-2006, 06:59 PM
What is it you're trying to make? A knit/purl pattern, colorwork????

Cristy
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I need (don't laugh) to get puzzle pieces on a scarf. I'd love to have them as the design on the scarf--make sense? I could draw it but I've never done colorwork so I don't know where to begin. They wouldn't have to be entirely interlocking or anything--but I need enough of them that it's obvious. A scarf seems like the easy thing to do--I'd love to figure out a cardigan with just a few on it in strategic places.

punkhippiemom
02-04-2006, 12:32 PM
There are a couple of options that hit me rght off the bat... If you can draw the puzzle pieces, try downloading and printing (http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/matrix/e-index.html) (or just buying )some knitting graph paper, sketching your design on top of t, and then just filling in the boxes as needed.
If you want it to be more dimensional, or you're not sure of your intarsia abilities, you could try knitting just a stockinette (or garter st) scarf, and then duplicate stitch the puzzle pieces over it.
Hope that helps!!