PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here and new to knitting :)

2girlsmom
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone I have posted some questions but not really introduced myself. I am a brand new knitter--only like 1-2 weeks LOL. So far I've made a beginner scarf on huge scarf needles in garter stitch and I am now making YarnMommy's toddler poncho for my little girl. I teach preschool part-time and I'm home with my girl the rest of the time. I'm married... 5 years now... will be 6 in August.

I am loving this site!!! :XX:

dustinac
02-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum!!! :cheering:

I love the toddler poncho pattern its so cute have to post picts of it when you get it done!!! :thumbsup:

Darhain
02-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Welcome to KH! :) Hope you are loving the knit!

Is your DD in your preschool class? I am thinking about enrolling DS in preschool next year ... What kind of school do you teach in?

kemp
02-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi! :cheering: :cheering: Glad you found KH. It is addicting.

2girlsmom
02-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome to KH! :) Hope you are loving the knit!

Is your DD in your preschool class? I am thinking about enrolling DS in preschool next year ... What kind of school do you teach in?

I work in a really neat program. It's really more of a Mother's Day Out program. Basically childcare for children 6mos-preK that also has a curriculum. DD is in another 2yo class--I teach younger 2's (we have three 2yo classes!!). The "school" is at a local Baptist church, and the church also has a school with grades K-2 and they are adding on grades 3-4 next fall. (that's just extra info for ya! LOL)

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome. My SIL introduced me to this site--I love the videos!

CarmenIbanez
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
What is it about knitting and teachers? Seems like a lot of us are teachers or in education of some sort.