PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I'm new

nade1958
02-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I just found this site and absolutely love it....thank you so much whoever is responsible, I just started this craft at the age of 47. I never had any interest in yarn work but all of a sudden I'm obsessed with it. This site answers so many questions I have as a new knitter and the videos are great. Looking forward to meeting new friends and perfecting my skill.

:D

SimplyKaar
02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Welcome!!! :waving:

this truely is an awsome site both for a beginner as the experienced knitter. So many lovely friendly people here. I :heart: this place and I hope you will soon aswell :)

Lisa1216
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the forums!:waving:

I'm sure you will become even more obsessed and addicted! :D

knitncook
02-07-2006, 03:02 PM
This is my SnB, my knitting guild, my circle of friends that I knit with. I don't have that group IRL and it is a lovely place to come to and know that there are others that understand your obsession with turning beautiful fibers into more beautiful creations! Welcome!

kemp
02-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi! :waving:

Amy (http://www.knittinghelp.com/content/personal/about-me.php) is the guilty party at getting us all addicted to this. She started it by herself!

quirky
02-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi Nade :)
Im new to this site and knitting too.
I am now 38 and have wanted to learn to knit since I was a girl. I finally learned how to knit this past Christmas. Funny - no one I have ever known has knit. Not even dear old gram. I taught myself from books, the internet and reading forums like these. The videos on this site are awesome!
I had a few hurdles to learn to knit - I am a right handed writer who just happens to naturally knit left handed but I cast on right handed lol
I might have learned much faster if I had only known instructions are not written for my particular quirks! The videos on this site helped tremendously as I still dont know anyone who knits.
Believe it or not I have never actually seen anyone knitting in real life.
The videos have been like having a private tutor.
Oh yeah, I could go on and on about those videos :)

wildforyarn
02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Welcome. You will love it here. You have a great group of knitters here to bounce ideas off of, videos to learn from, a great way to get new patterns and learn anything you wanted to know about knitting. It is a great addiction!! ;)

Cristy
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
welcome

Jenelle
02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Welcome!! :waving:

Ronda
02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Hello!

VictoiseC
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi Nade! Yup, ain't it great!!!!!