PDA

View Full Version : KH addict

kayeknit
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, I decided yesterday that I was going to try something new: a whole day's break from KH...

I failed. :thinking:

brendajos
02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

it is cute that you even tried.

tomorrow is another day. :rofling:

amy
02-07-2006, 03:52 PM
:roflhard:

Ingrid
02-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Now, going a day without eating--that I can understand. But KH? Not!!

Lisa1216
02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Why would you even try? :?? I'm not on the computer as much on the weekends and I feel like I go through withdrawls!!

CarmenIbanez
02-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi, my name is Carmen, and I am a Knitting-Help-Aholic!

WynnieG
02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
If I don't check in here at least once a day, I get twitchy. :shock:

kemp
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: KH=net crack

Angelia
02-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I swore I wouldn't post at work, only from home.

Guess where I am right now.

kemp
02-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I swore I wouldn't post at work, only from home.

Guess where I am right now. :roflhard: :roflhard: YOU are super duper KH addicted :)

WynnieG
02-08-2006, 01:49 PM
At least those of you who work away from home can attempt to put barriers on your KH time.

Me, I stink. I'm self employed, am based in my home office, and don't have the discipline to look away. Even when I'm coding, I've got this screen minimized and ready to consult via ALT-Tab the moment I get a craving.

This is not me asking for an intervention, mind... if it weren't for y'all, I wouldn't be the knitter I am now. I learn more from you folks about the yarn out there than I ever did canvassing every yarn store in the tri-county area (oh what...like you've never done that... :rollseyes: ) AND, you ladies and gents have made me a more courageous knitter! I'm trying stuff I was afraid to attempt even 3-6 months ago. I have so many ideas for projects now thanks to the collective inspiration of this forum, that I now have to write them down in a notebook for later use.

It may be addictive, this place, but for my part I think it is the one of best things that ever happened to me as a knitter, apart from my relearning to knit from my mentor, Betsey.

Carol_OH
02-08-2006, 02:00 PM
oooh you code? What do you do?

So does my son - he codes for Mac OSX + whatever new Mac program they now have out there!

WynnieG
02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I build databases for small businesses. I got tired of being a corporate slave a few years ago, and struck out on my own. Most of my clients desire either customer tracking/billing software, or inventory control... or a unified package of the above. Occasionally I'll get a query for a point-of-sale tie-in - some web based, others not. Those can be fun, if the client has realistic expectations about what it can and cannot do. :lol: My goal in switching to small businesses was to give them access to the same tools that big corporations were using, without the high cost of the contract engineer and the middleman recruiter.

I also do random coding projects in various languages...C++, Java, and VB being the ones that most folks ask for. I'm more PC based, but have experience with Linux/Unix. Haven't touched Macs in ages, but that's where I actually got my start with computers.

Of course, the only reason I ended up a computer geek is because my mother wouldn't let me study art in college!

Jenelle
02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
:shock:

:rofling: :roflhard:

I think it would be impossible for some people to not post on KH for one day. :rofling:

Carol_OH
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I build databases for small businesses. I got tired of being a corporate slave a few years ago, and struck out on my own. Most of my clients desire either customer tracking/billing software, or inventory control... or a unified package of the above. Occasionally I'll get a query for a point-of-sale tie-in - some web based, others not. Those can be fun, if the client has realistic expectations about what it can and cannot do. :lol: My goal in switching to small businesses was to give them access to the same tools that big corporations were using, without the high cost of the contract engineer and the middleman recruiter.

I also do random coding projects in various languages...C++, Java, and VB being the ones that most folks ask for. I'm more PC based, but have experience with Linux/Unix. Haven't touched Macs in ages, but that's where I actually got my start with computers.

Of course, the only reason I ended up a computer geek is because my mother wouldn't let me study art in college!

wow,you rock!!

At work here, we're switching over to a new database system and I swear I wish you or my son would be helping us - they're driving us crazy!!

hehee, sorry about not studying art in college, but you are doing such a fabulous job with work AND art now!!

:)

nicolethegeek
02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
I can say that I've gone a day without posting, or even {horror story alert here} gone more than a day without reading the forum. With my work schedule, on the weekends {for everyone else but me!} I will get home from work in the morning and often my DH will be already up and at the pooter. So I go straight to the couch and start knitting until I fall asleep. When I get up, it's a mad dash to get ready for work and run out the door. It's not unheard of for me not to see the forum from Friday afternoon until I get home from work on Monday morning. If DH is up in the mornings, I'm lucky if I get to check my email for any orders for my site! :shock:

Andrea
02-09-2006, 01:06 PM
*raises hand*

Me, I'm addicted...
even more so when my DH goes out of town!! (he'll never know I had the computer on here all day just in case I miss something!!)

I :heart: days off!

BinkyKat
02-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh, yeah, when my computer was working properly i had it on all day on weekends and days off. I stalk DH until he gets off his so I can check KH. I check it when at my mom's in AZ and at my DB and SIL's in MN. I may go a day without checking, but only one at the most.

I lllloooooovvvveeee it heeeeeerrrrrreeeeee! my happy snuggly yarny knitting helpy-helpertons!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Angelia
02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
I lllloooooovvvveeee it heeeeeerrrrrreeeeee! my happy snuggly yarny knitting helpy-helpertons!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Awwww! :heart: :heart: :heart:

punkhippiemom
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Rebecca and I'm a KH-aholic.
*Hi Rebecca!!*
When I first discovered KH, I was on here strictly to look through the patterns and figure out a couple of techniques. I didn't even know there was a forum for a few months or so. Once I found the forum, I enjoyed, but since I've always been a sporadic internet user at best, I didn't think anything much would come of it. Boy was I wrong!!
*group nods in understanding*
Since I got involved here, I have been addicted. I am usually online at least once a day. I had to massively restrain myself while on vacation not to run off into some nice sunny corner of the house with my DSister's laptop just so I could tell everyone about my trip :rollseyes: :lol: I have 'met' some wonderful people online, I love the warm and helpful atmosphere and the fun we have goofing off and being silly together, as well as the more serious conversations ;)
Thank you all for being so great.

kayeknit
02-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Do any of you have REAL withdrawal symptoms if you're not on the forums at least every 18 hours or so?!? (Or is it just me :oops: )

Ingrid
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Only every 18? Slacker. :roflhard: :roflhard:

kayeknit
02-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I said AT LEAST 18 hours... :oops: AT LEAST!! :rofling:

Ingrid
02-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Ok then. :roflhard:

Angelia
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
My internet was down all yesterday after about 10 a.m. and has gone out 3x today. I've had work to do and have gotten a lot done, but my goodness it's been lonely!! :(

Yes, withdrawals do happen when it's been over 18 hours since the last KH fix! :shock:

cheesiesmom
02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
How do you all manage to knit if you're on the computer that much? I check out the posts at work (bad, bad secretary), but if I go on at night I blow a whole evening's knitting. (only time I have). Then there's meals, laundry, yarn shopping, and life's other necessities.

I'm one of those unfortunate ones that has to look at what I'm doing. Which is probably why I've frogged my shrug 4 times.

If I wasn't home sick today, I'd probably not be posting, just skimming the messages for all important info.

Gladys--cold and miserable in Michigan.

PurlyGyrl
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
My name is Denise J. and I'm addicted to KH. :lol: My computer at home is all wonky so I haven't been able to check in on everyone on KH this weekend. Torture, I tell you, TORTURE. So now I'm catching up on things AT WORK :shock: Yes, I know I shouldn't but you know addictions--you just can't help yourself :rofling: