PDA

View Full Version : OT - I just bought this Tea Press!

Jan in CA
02-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I bought the Bodum Tea Press (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=2&GID=7&LID=294&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=TF60CG3R925A9LBSHHGHU0VSXD9N2W9D) today. I paid more than this though. Grrr! Anyone ever used one?

BTW..so far I'm liking the silver needle white tea the best. Have one more to try though. Unfortunately it's out of stock and who knows when Adagio will get more in! :(

misstialouise
02-08-2006, 12:37 AM
I like the Bodum stuff,

You just need to be careful that your tea doesn't stew, it will get a terrible bitter flavour.

carollovesyarn
02-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Yes, that's the same as mine except for the ss insert - mine is clear 'plastic' or whatever that material is. I like it. I like being able to see the tea get darker.

Cristy
02-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I have that same model along with a travel tea press mug that isn't so great. Hope you like it! :)

And Silver Needle is awesome! You have good tea taste!

kemp
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Yep, Ive had the bodum before. Works great. You can also use any french press pot (coffee press) for tea.

Jan in CA
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Whew! Now I can reply! My apostrophe was acting goofy! :roflhard:

Okay, I tried the pot last night and it works great! Mine is glass btw. And I also tried the white peony and it's pretty good, too. I think my favorite though is the silver needle!

LM Needle Fanatic
02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I now have a list of tea gadgets on my have to have list. Knitting and tea! I need to win the lottery :roflhard:

amy
02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Oooh that tea press is PURTY. :inlove: I'm a sucker for teapots and any kind of tea accessory. (tea cups and pots are the only thing I actually "collect." Not counting copious amounts of yarn of course. :eyebrow:)

Cristy
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm with Amy--I collect teapots too but I lean towards tetsubin--japanese teapots. I also have a few chinese clay pots (Yixing) that are nice--in theory, over many years of use with a Yixing..if you only use one kind of tea...eventually you can pour hot water into the pot (w/ no tea leaves) and pour tea from the spout. Supposedly it's b/c the clay absorbs the flavor of the tea. I got "into" teapots when I visited Japan in college. I love to visit the tea store in my area and look at all of the lovely shapes and sizes!

And like Amy...I'm obsessed with yarn.