PDA

View Full Version : Glass Knitting Needles

chezalvera45
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I want, no I NEED GB Glass knitting needles. I bid on a pair on EBay but
lost :( They used to be sellers on Ebay. Once in a while a pair of their
needles comes up for sale, like the ones I didn't win. They are beautiful!
Does anyone know what happened to them? And where else can I get their needles? Thanks, Vera

Danielle
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I have seen theirs on ebay, but not sure where else you could get that same brand. Check out this (http://www.glasspens.com/needles.html) link. They have some pretty ones for sale...Also this (http://www.namasteneedles.com/products/index.php) link. Hope this helps... :D

CindyH
02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Wow, those needles are gorgeous!!! I want them too now!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

debbyrd
02-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I saw some today at a place called Hill Country Weavers in Austin, TX. You can Google the # if you aren't having any luck finding them anywhere else.
I'm a beginning knitter (at age 50, no less!) so I don't quite understand what is so special about them. Are they easier to use?

Ingrid
02-18-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't think too many people use them. They're just so darned pretty!!

Jenelle
02-18-2006, 11:56 PM
I'd be afraid to break one :shifty:

Ingrid
02-19-2006, 12:02 AM
I'd be afraid to break one :shifty:

Wouldn't that be the irony of a lifetime. You buy glass knitting needles and then cut yourself so badly you can't knit. :rofling:

Jenelle
02-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Wouldn't that be the irony of a lifetime. You buy glass knitting needles and then cut yourself so badly you can't knit. :rofling:

:shock: That would be horrible!

I think knitting with glass would be the same as knitting with those thin bamboo knitting needles. Or would glass be stronger? :??

Ingrid
02-19-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm sure the glass needles are tempered to make them stronger, and I doubt they come too thin, but that's just my common sense talking.

Jenelle
02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
They probably are tempered.

If I ever got a pair, they would only be used on special occasions. ;)

quirky
02-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Cinderella loses her glass needle as she leaves the knitting club.

Prince charming hunts high and low and in every lys for her - all along the way he asks each lady he sees - "pardon me, but do you have a sample of your knitting? I would like the check the gauge."

Alas every sample of knitting he sees is in a gauge just too darn big to be Cinderella's. But just as he is about to give up he spots one last lys and the rest is a fairy tale ending.

The motto of this tale - "People who knit with glass needles should not use yarn made of rocks" :happydance:

jodstr2
02-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Cinderella loses her glass needle as she leaves the knitting club.

Prince charming hunts high and low and in every lys for her - all along the way he asks each lady he sees - "pardon me, but do you have a sample of your knitting? I would like the check the gauge."

Alas every sample of knitting he sees is in a gauge just too darn big to be Cinderella's. But just as he is about to give up he spots one last lys and the rest is a fairy tale ending.

The motto of this tale - "People who knit with glass needles should not use yarn made of rocks" :happydance:

:roflhard: :thumbsup: :cheering:

Ingrid
02-20-2006, 01:23 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

BinkyKat
02-20-2006, 02:32 AM
I just found what I'm going to knit to keep my glass needles safe. I have 2 pair from GB Glass. I also noticed she hasn't posted any on EBay lately. I have another pair from EBay, although I can't remember from whom. "Splendid Stitiches" I think.They're all made of borosillicate (ex. Pyrex) so they are quite strudy but I'm sure not completely unbreakable. They are very slippery to knit with. I haven't used them much really, but they do "work" ;)

Anyhoo, iI have the 2nd issue of Magical Knitting from Cat Bhordi and there are felted needle cozies in it I am going to make for my glass needles.

Here's a previous post with pics of my glass needles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28113&highlight=glass+needles#28113). As I mentioned there, the pics don't do them justice! :heart:

Terry
03-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Do you need a specific gauge? If you could live with "close enough" I might be able to make some (as soon as I get the ventilation situation in my glass studio straightened out, that is -- not in the next couple of weeks unfortunately). I work boro and soft glass.

sandrasingh
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Are you still searching for glass needles? I carry Namaste and they are wonderful!

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=108_278&products_id=759

Anya
04-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I've got a pair of the Michael and Shiela Ernst (http://www.glasspens.com/needles.html) ones (that Danielle linked) and I love them!! They have a lifetime warranty, too- if anything happened, I'd just mail it to them, and they would mail it back all fixed, or replaced. So yummy!