PDA

View Full Version : AST? Need help understanding pattern.

bonniejean2
02-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Knitting a vest for my brother. In shaping the shoulders (already did this with a bunch of BO's) and neck...it says: "AST, BO center 35 sts for back neck and working each side separately, at each neck edge BO 3 sts once, then 2 sts once."

1] Does AST mean at the same time???????
2] If so, then how do I accomplish the above?

Sorry for being a dunce. I sometimes find patterns hard to understand. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Ingrid
02-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I've never heard of AST and couldn't find it. :thinking:

I do know that they're telling you to bind off the center 35 st for the neck and to work each shoulder part separately, rather than at the same time with two strands of yarn.

On the neck edge--the side closest to the bound off center stitches-- you're supposed to bind of 3 stitches at the beginning of the row, and then 2 stitches at the beginning of the next two alternate rows. Whether this is a right side or wrong side doesn't matter, as long as the bind off is at the beginning, so you'll have a row between the bind off rows.

bonniejean2
02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

I did a search on this forum for AST and came up with a couple people using it but there was no explanation.

Lana
02-13-2006, 09:52 AM
:thinking: My best guess is: At Same Time,
although I have never seen it in a pattern.

Ingrid
02-13-2006, 03:57 PM
At Same Time makes sense. They saved 7 letters by abbreviating it. :rollseyes:

Lana
02-13-2006, 07:27 PM

And they left of a "the". Add 3 more letters to the total. :rollseyes: :roflhard:

Ingrid
02-13-2006, 07:31 PM

And they left of a "the". Add 3 more letters to the total. :rollseyes: :roflhard:

I wonder how they invested the money saved in ink? :thinking:

Lana
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I wonder how they invested the money saved in ink? :thinking:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: