PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Julie and I'm a Fiber Addict......(Intro)

fiberaddict
02-21-2006, 09:55 AM
It all started about 3 months ago when I met my sister for coffee. I brought my yarn along. She taught me knit - I picked it up easily and wanted a purl. She refused saying it was more than I could handle for a beginner - I begged and pleaded. By the time they asked us to leave the coffee shop (it was closing time) I was knitting and purling and now I can't get enough!
I know this may be a honeymoon thing but I simply can't stop thinking about what my next project will be. :shock:

I have vowed to myself that I simply WILL NOT begin a project unless I have completed the previous project. This has been great, however, I now find myself without "in-between" projects. Does that make any sense?

My sister told me about knittinghelp and it has been great. I have been able to find all my answers so far thanks to all the wonderful people on this board.

I look forward to meeting the knitters on this board and to seeing all the projects you are working on.

Angelia
02-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome! :waving:

So you're addicted, eh? Sounds like you've definitely come to the right place! ;)

Lisa1216
02-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I have vowed to myself that I simply WILL NOT begin a project unless I have completed the previous project

:?? :?? I don't understand this?? :roflhard: :roflhard:

Welcome to the addicted world of knitting and also to these forums!! Have fun and post your pictures when you finish something!

Jenelle
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Ya know, coming here, will only make the addiction WORSE! ;)

:waving: :waving: :waving: Welcome to KH!

feministmama
02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Julie. :waving: Welcome!

bjc1050
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
[quote="fiberaddict"]

I have vowed to myself that I simply WILL NOT begin a project unless I have completed the previous project. This has been great, however, I now find myself without "in-between" projects. Does that make any sense?

If you knit an item of clothing for a small child, it MAY help you keep that promise. You want to finish the project BEFORE they grow too large for it. :lol:

Welcome!

1to1
02-21-2006, 03:36 PM
WELCOME!!

Yah, yah I think we all start out saying ONLY ONE project at a time. :roflhard: Good luck with that!

This site is so helpful and wonderful!!

Jaxhil
02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi Julie, welcome!! I live north of San Antonio-where are you, if you don't mind me asking. Actually we live in San Antonio now but will be moving a bit North soon (not far enough for good sweater weather, though, lol!)