View Full Version : level wind flyer

02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I am still researching the wheels out there. And figureing out what all the bits and pieces are on a wheel.
I noticed that the fricke offers a level wind flyer as an upgrade option.

Is this something that is on other brands of wheels under a different name? In other words is this a standard feature on other wheels that has been left off the Fricke to keep the price down? (or left off to offer other features for the same price)

Is it nessicary or just a bit of luxury?

(no laffin at my spelling now!) :D

02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
What they are probably talking about is the WooLee Winder (http://www.thewooleewinder.com/). I think Woodland Woolworks gives you the option to purchase one with their Frickes but if you look on the site I posted, you can get one for many different models and manufacturers of wheels. They are VERY cool!

02-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I could not get the Woodland Woolworks site to load. Anyone else having trouble with it?

03-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks Julie. I had seen that site before but I really did not read it! I did so though :) So basically this flyer is really fancy and to die for but NOT something I can not spin without? Thats a good thing. Its not an expensive wheel. But I will still have to save a while for it.

Although, I got to try some wheels at the lys today. I liked them all but I loved the Schact. Schact Spindle isnt too far from me. My husband is a woodworker and has met Barry (the owner). He suggested I call them and see if they were willing to sell cosmetically imperfect wheels. Its worth a shot eh?