PDA

View Full Version : {blank} is hard. Knitting is just pulling loops...

njknitter
03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I see occasional references and suggestions for KellyK regarding her famous rotating tag line (currently: Getting a dog to dress like a turkey is HARD. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!).

You all out there just crack me up, so how about sharing your own version of KellyK's line? As for me, after helping my son study for various tests and quizzes this school year, I'll have to say:

9th grade science is HARD. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

And Kelly dear, is there a story behind dressing the dog like a turkey? Was it a Thanksgiving pagent of some sort? Was there a cat involved that was willing to be the pilgrim?

Lynn

Jan in CA
03-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Getting your dog to sit nicely for a portrait is hard, knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/58404680-Th.jpg

KellyK
03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
No real STORY.....I googled and found a chihuahua dressed in a turkey out fit and used it as my avatar around thanksgiving.....everyone thought I was being cruel to Howie! How many times did I have to type..."that's not my dog!!" :roflhard:

tab
03-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Posting your opinions on a public forum where everyone can judge you based on them is HARD... knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.
:hiding:
(I know you ladies [and the occasional gentleman] don't do that, but it's a hard phobia to overcome. I couldn't count the number of times on any forum that I've typed out a reply and then closed the window for fear of being wrong or sounding stupid.)

margie
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Posting your opinions on a public forum where everyone can judge you based on them is HARD... knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.
(I know you ladies [and the occasional gentleman] don't do that, but it's a hard phobia to overcome. I couldn't count the number of times on any forum that I've typed out a reply and then closed the window for fear of being wrong or sounding stupid.)

Tab, I do it every day!!!

tab
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Which part do you mean? Posting your opinions, or judging the worth of others based on their opinions, or starting to respond and then closing the window?

quirky
03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Getting the cat in heat to shut up while I am watching CSI is hard. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

Edit: I appoligize if I have offended anyone with my comment. Life is just large sometimes!

Amber
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Getting your husband to understand why you need to buy more yarn, is HARD...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

Vendie
03-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Getting your husband to understand why you need to buy more yarn, is HARD...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

I'm lucky, that one's not so hard for me...why, just the other day, my husband said, "but Malabrigo will make a nicer sweater" :rofling:

But, trying to get my husband to fold towels is HARD...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

KellyK
03-03-2006, 03:16 PM
OMG let's not even get STARTED on husbands....that's a whole OTHER thread topic!! :rollseyes:

margie
03-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Which part do you mean? Posting your opinions, or judging the worth of others based on their opinions, or starting to respond and then closing the window?

oops- I meant the part about typing in a response and then deleting it before posting!!

hedgehog
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Finding a job back "home" in the UK is hard .... :verysad:
knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

-hh

Lisa1216
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Trying to stay focused at work and not on the KH forums is hard...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

dustinac
03-03-2006, 05:27 PM

I worry about this too or I won't explain it right and it will come off sounding totally different... my thoughts are pretty jumbled and when I type...well I type as I think... bad bad :D

trying to get a 2yr old potty trained can be hard, but knitting is just pulling loops through other loops...

mks22300
03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Trying to get preschoolers to sit still is hard...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

schrodinger
03-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Going for my fifth job interview (with one more after) for one particular job is hard...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

Vendie
03-03-2006, 07:20 PM
My husband would say after today:

Trying to get the dog in the bathtub is HARD...knitting is just pulling loops through other loops...

(I think it took him longer to get Emmie into the bathtub for her semi-annual bath than to actually wash her...good thing she's so low maintenance)

sogrammatical
03-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Take-home calculus tests are HARD... knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

(and there's not exam at the end!)

knittingachiever
03-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Finding a pair of jeans that actually fits is HARD, knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

punkhippiemom
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Trying to stay away from the luscious box of chocolates you got for Valentine's Day from a well-meaning but completely enabling MIL is hard... knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.

Jenelle
03-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Walking into a yarn store and trying not to come out with anything is HARD... Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!!

HeatherFeather
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
trying to get the school to cooperate with you re: your child who has been sick, and grades are suffering, and that same 7th grader that is having a mental block in bringing those grades home for the last week and a half with me harping on him each and every day is HARD...knitting is just pulling yarn through loops!!!

(the boy is living in his room this weekend, except for doing things for and with ME)

Trying to stay away from the luscious box of chocolates you got for Valentine's Day

you still HAVE the chocolate???? I'd say you are doing pretty darned good!!! :)

Going for my fifth job interview

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Jenelle
03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Trying to bathe a cat is HARD... Knitting is just pulling loops through loops!

punkhippiemom
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I said trying, not succeeding... :oops:
:roflhard:

Attempting to make your cat stop going in inappropiate places is hard...

Getting your toddler to eat something besides macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets is hard...

Convincing your DH that you really should get an alpaca is hard...

Trying to keep a big, huge afghan project, that involves over fifty people, a secret is hard...

Attempting to drink coffee while reading this forum, and NOT snort it out your nose is hard...

:blush: OK, I'm running out of appropriate things that are hard!!!

earthchick
03-04-2006, 12:17 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

phm, you rock! :thumbsup:

Getting dinner ready while two toddlers get into every imaginable kind of trouble is hard....

Not yelling at dh when he walks in for dinner 25 minutes late (after toddlers have been getting into every imaginable kind of trouble) is hard....

Forcing myself not to start another project until I finish the 3 that are on my needles and the 4 that are on my immediate "to knit" list is hard....

JessicaR
03-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Getting your husband to understand why "clearance" means you need to buy a whole new bedroom ensemble is hard ;)

humblestumble
03-04-2006, 04:59 AM
Getting a PhD is hard....

Resisting temptation whilst strolling through a LYS after payday is hard...

Painting the Sistine Chapel was hard...

Vendie
03-04-2006, 10:40 AM
:blush: OK, I'm running out of appropriate things that are hard!!!

:roflhard: yeah, that's definitely a thread for another forum...

Trying to not blow my entire bonus on yarn is hard...

Trying to keep the cat out of my stash is hard...

Jan in CA
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
(I think it took him longer to get Emmie into the bathtub for her semi-annual bath than to actually wash her...good thing she's so low maintenance)

SEMI-ANNUAL?! I give my dog a bath weekly! :shock:

KellyK
03-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Trying to keep a big, huge afghan project, that involves over fifty people, a secret is hard...
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
03-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Accumulating a decent stash whilst leaving no paper trail is HARD. Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops!

Good one, Kelly!!! :roflhard:

Dilly
03-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Making sure I eat my veggies is hard. Knitting is just pulling loops through loops!

mks22300
03-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Trying not to eat that second donut was hard (but heck, someone had to do it!)...Knitting is just pulling loops through loops!

Darhain
03-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Trying to get my kids to to leave me in peace for five minutes because I have a terrible cold and feel awful and just want some quiet is hard ...

What's this knitting thing you all speak of, anyway? Doesn't that require time, attention, patience, the ability to breathe? No wonder I'm not getting any of it done. :(

feministmama
03-04-2006, 02:33 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAmen!!!

JessicaR
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
You guys did a great job, I had no idea about it either!

schrodinger
03-05-2006, 05:15 PM
you still HAVE the chocolate???? I'd say you are doing pretty darned good!!! :)
I'll second that Heather!

Going for my fifth job interview

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It's tomorrow, need some goodvibes. ;)

I wanted to say a big WELL DONE to everyone who kept the afghan secret, they did a great job - I had no clue :oops:

bjc1050
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Getting used to your retired husband at home all day every day is HARD, Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops! :lol:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-06-2006, 11:19 PM
trying to stop laughing everytime I read the word "hard" is hard!

getting 8th graders to do their homework is hard!

keeping the cats out of the freshly made bed for FIVE SECONDS is hard

watching extreme makeover home edition without crying is hard!

glomper
03-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Making a tub of premium chocolate icecream last more than a day is hard.

Stopping your favorite (neuteured) cat stop spraying in the house is hard.

Stopping your DH from kicking your spraying favorite cat is hard.

Ignoring the high-pitched whining emitting from my 4 yr old son is hard

Preventing your other 3 cats from walking on the kitchen bench and table is hard,
Knitting is just pulling loops through other loops.(it's understanding the pattern that is hard) :XX:

jelly
03-07-2006, 02:12 AM
being on a diet and walking PAST the doritos is hard.....

(i must have spent 10 minutes tonite fondling the doritos at 7/11, but i walked away. yay me!)

Friskums
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Nailing jello to a tree is hard...