PDA

View Full Version : Patons Baby Orlon??

lisas3575
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Long time lurker checking in, hoping someone can help me figure this out.

An acquaintence of mine received a cute baby hat as a gift and I asked her to track down the pattern from her friend (who I don't know). Her friend was kind enough to mail me a copy of the pattern, but it doesn't list the guage. :?? The specified yarn is Patons Baby Orlon, which I can't find any info online about. Can anyone point me to a guage for this yarn so I can sub something close?

TIA and happy knitting.

nicolethegeek
03-09-2006, 08:14 AM
What is the gauge listed in the pattern? And is the pattern lacy at all? My first guess is that it would be a fingering or baby weight yarn.

bjc1050
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM
You might find help here http://www.patonsyarns.com/

lisas3575
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
The pattern doesn't list a guage. (What kind of pattern doesn't list a guage?!? Yeah, yeah, a bad pattern....)

Thanks for the link to Patons, I'd already checked there, but maybe I can e-mail them for information.

nicolethegeek
03-09-2006, 10:50 AM
No gauge??? :?? What needle size is called for? What I don't understand is how you are supposed to get your knitting to the right size {even if you're using the correct yarn} unless you have a gauge! Now for a baby hat, it's not hyper-size-critical since they will grow into it eventually, but you would like to at least have an idea!!

lisas3575
03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I know it! Grrr. I'm an idiot for taking this on-- I'm just asking for a frustrating knitting experience. If I hadn't seen the hat completed by someone else, I'd probably bag it. I asked my friend to check what yarn her friend used...

The pattern calls for No. 11 needles.

I guess I was hoping that someone here might have a skein of this yarn and could post the pertinent info. It's a long shot.