PDA

View Full Version : *FOs* MY clogs and a little kitty

sfavereau
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I finished and felted MY clogs. Mine are the magenta and purple ones (lamb's pride worsted, double stranded) and the others belong to dh (don't mind the grass on them... LOL).

The kitty was really easy to make from this (http://geobabe.livejournal.com/227621.html) pattern. My dog loves it, as you can tell... In the first picture, he's eyeing it very strangely, don't you think? You can see why in the second picture! :roflhard: Don't worry, it's still in one piece.

Pixywhispers
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
The clogs look great! LOL And I giggled when I saw the grass! That means he loves them!

Jan in CA
03-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Wow those are great! Will the dog eat/shred the kitty?! :shock:

sfavereau
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
No, he won't shred the kitty b/c I took it away from him. He knew it wasn't for him and gave it back right after I took the picture. ;)

The clogs are a really practical and useful knitted project! My mom wants a pair now.

feministmama
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Nice clogs! I wish mine looked as good :rollseyes:

sfavereau
03-09-2006, 09:13 PM

I saw the pics of your clogs before felting, but haven't seen the finished product. Felting really hides a lot of "issues". What's wrong with yours?

One of my clogs ended up with a big old crease and felted at a different rate in one spot, but a little stretching and then more agitation took care of it.

wildforyarn
03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Loved the picture of your dog with the kitty in his/her mouth! It gave me the giggles! :lol: You picked great color combos for your clogs! The look great, grass and all!

Amber
03-09-2006, 09:59 PM
The clogs look great! I love the pic of your dog with the kitty -- too cute!!

CindyH
03-10-2006, 01:37 AM
I love the clogs! I must add felted clogs to my list of future projects. The kitty is cute and the pictures of it with your dog are precious~

Andrea
03-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Great pictures!!! The clogs are cool colors!!! And your dog looks so cute with the kitties!! :cheering:

ETA: I just noticed your dog's feet in the clog picture!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

kitkat
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
My son's GF got me a dog bone knitted toy kit for Christmas. I am afraid to make Cooper a toy - I would hate for him to shred it!

The clogs look great - I gotta get going on some of those!

sara_jayne
03-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Everything looks great! I'm tempted to make a kitty for my pups now!

feministmama
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM

I saw the pics of your clogs before felting, but haven't seen the finished product. Felting really hides a lot of "issues". What's wrong with yours?

One of my clogs ended up with a big old crease and felted at a different rate in one spot, but a little stretching and then more agitation took care of it.

Well they knitted up and all but I have put them thru the washing machine 6 gazillion times and they are still too big. I've had some helpful hints from folks about water temperature and using jeans and not filling the water all the way but stilll huge. Now I'm just waiting for anyone who has laundry to do to just throw my clogs in too. Maybe by next year they'll be small enough.

KatyMaria56
03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Thoses clogs are great! I have been wanting to make some for a while myself (well... as soon as I teach myself a few more things). Yours are great! they turned out so wonderful. And the kitty toy is hysterical!

kitkat
03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Colorado just loves to be part of things, I can tell. I love his ears!

sfavereau
03-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Great pictures!!! The clogs are cool colors!!! And your dog looks so cute with the kitties!! :cheering:

ETA: I just noticed your dog's feet in the clog picture!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

:roflhard: Yes, I noticed that and thought it was so funny! He does love to be a part of everything. "If you are taking pictures of your feet, well, heck, here's my paws!" It's not something we told him to do, either. He just did it. Funny puppy!

sfavereau
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Well they knitted up and all but I have put them thru the washing machine 6 gazillion times and they are still too big. I've had some helpful hints from folks about water temperature and using jeans and not filling the water all the way but stilll huge. Now I'm just waiting for anyone who has laundry to do to just throw my clogs in too. Maybe by next year they'll be small enough.

Good luck with them! I kinda wish I'd made mine a little bigger to start with because they aren't as firm as DH's. His took longer to felt because they started off bigger. Keep us posted!

Jenelle
03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Awesome clogs! :thumbsup:

Colorado looks like he's having fun. You should make him his own kitty :rofling:

sfavereau
03-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Awesome clogs! :thumbsup:

Colorado looks like he's having fun. You should make him his own kitty :rofling:

Yeah, right! He'd have stuffing strewn all over the house as soon as he realized the kitty was his! LOL He gets no stuffed animals! It's actually a miracle he hasn't gone after his splint! There used to be cotton gauze sticking out of the top to help avoid sores, but that's gone! :shock: No sores though, since the splint is fitted to his leg pretty well.