PDA

View Full Version : circ length

grawey6
03-15-2006, 10:08 PM
OK, this has got to be the dumbest question you'll ever hear......Let me give a bit of background first so they'll at least understand why I'm asking. My entire collection of circular needles is made up of needles I purchased used, from the thrift store, estate sales ect. None of the needles I have ever bought have been in their orginal pkg....sooooo, (here's the dumb part) How is the LENGTH of a circular needle measured? Is it just the cable length? From tip to tip? I'm guessing it's tip to tip but I come up with some really strange lengths no matter how I measure!! Thanx for your answer, and if there are any typos in your answer I'll just assume you're still laughing! <BG>
Tracy

Ingrid
03-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry! You don't win the prize for silliest question. This one has been asked before, and it's not really so silly. Tip to tip.

grawey6
03-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Well gee golly, if I'd known there was a prize.....just wait, I'm sure I'll come up with something! :roflhard:

Thanx so much for your quick response.
Tracy

knitqueen
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Also, the specific lengths of the needles doesn't matter so much. If your pattern calls for a 24" circ and your needles measures 22.877767767", no big deal!