PDA

View Full Version : OT; going away for a while

Virtuella
03-16-2006, 11:52 AM
I am going away for a while due to yesterday my doctor told me that I have a breast cancer. I am going to hospital monday morning. I would love to have some prayers and maybe some comments in my blog. Thank you in advance.

Take care everybody, nobody knows what tomorrow brings. :pray:

Jeremy
03-16-2006, 11:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news. You will be in my prayers and I will say some psalms for your recovery.I would like to include you in prayers for the sick that we say in synagogue. What is your first name and your mother's first name?

KNITBIT
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I'll keep you in my prayers. :pray:

:pray: God Bless you, and Take Care. :pray:

KNITBIT

Virtuella
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news. You will be in my prayers and I will say some psalms for your recovery.I would like to include you in prayers for the sick that we say in synagogue. What is your first name and your mother's first name?

My first name is Margot and my mothers first name is Audhild. Thank you.

brendajos
03-16-2006, 12:13 PM
oh I am so sorry to hear this. I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen you around in a while. You will definitely be in my thoughts. take very good care of yourself and check in with us when you can. :heart: :heart:

mintdee
03-16-2006, 12:17 PM
:heart: :heart: I am so sorry to hear this! I will add my thoughts and prayers as well. :pray:

WildStrawberry
03-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I'll be praying that God will surround you and your loved ones with healing, strength and courage as you go through this time.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Many hugs,

Kae

(if you need an ear of someone going through cancer herself (uterine) please feel free to email me...kaemea at gmail dot com)

WildStrawberry
03-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll be praying that God will surround you and your loved ones with healing, strength and courage as you go through this time.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Many hugs,

Kae

(if you need an ear of someone going through cancer herself (uterine) please feel free to email me...kaemea at gmail dot com)

jodstr2
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
:heart: positive thoughts and best wishes for you. :heart:

Cristy
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I'll have you in my prayers and on my mind...good luck and God bless.

Jan in CA
03-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm so sorry! My best wishes and thoughts are with you!

Amber
03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I am so sorry! You will be in my thoughts. :heart:

HeatherFeather
03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
My prayers are with you, your family, and your doctors!!!

Pixywhispers
03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Our prayers are with you.

Ingrid
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you, as well. :heart:

amy
03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Virtuella, I'm so sorry to hear this news!

I am praying for a full and quick recovery for you. :pray:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Amy
http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/05/24/07/pink_ribbon_gs_53305.jpg (http://www.breastcancer.org/001.php)

Carol_OH
03-16-2006, 05:20 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear

Two of my dearest friends are dealing with this same disease - both doing different treatments, but both full of good energy and hope.

I'll light a candle for you tonight.

:heart:

CarmenIbanez
03-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Please keep us updated as much as you can. I am sending positive energy out there for you! Best of luck!

gardenmommy
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Big hugs Virtuella! I'll be thinking about you!

sfavereau
03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} I'll be thinking about you! Sorry to hear about this.

My husband's cousin just finished treatment for this awful disease and she is good spirits and health now. Best wishes for a complete and quick recovery.

cozy
03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
:heart: Take care! You're in our prayers.

AnreeAce
03-17-2006, 12:16 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I send you all kinds love and positive energy. You'll be in my thoughts often.

Best wishes for a quick recovery. My DM has beaten back three diffferent kinds of cancer in the past ten years. I hope and pray you'll do the same.

All the best.

BinkyKat
03-17-2006, 12:41 AM
:heart: :pray: :heart: :pray: :heart: :pray: :heart:
My strongest and most heartfelt prayers to you for a speedy recovery both body, mind and soul. Let your worries fly to your friends, both near and far so you can concentrate on yourself and your family.
Take care and be well, we all look forward to hearing from you. If possible, keep us updated on your progress so we can be your cheerleaders!
Jodie :thumbsup:

wildforyarn
03-17-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please take care and I pray for your quick recovery.

Danielle
03-17-2006, 10:59 AM
:pray: :heart: :pray: :heart: :pray:

Ronda
03-17-2006, 04:17 PM
OMG. I'm just speechless. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :pray:

Eiline
03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I am terribly sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers.
/hugs to you.

Nell

dustinac
03-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry to read that.. know that we are thinking about you... you are in my prayers and thoughts :heart: :heart: please check in when you can...

gimmesanity
03-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Virtuella,
My thoughts are with you, momma. {{{BIG HUGS}} and positive vibes for you...you are stronger than this.

~Sharon

Vendie
03-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Take care of yourself, Virtuella. I'll be thinking of you often and I hope you have a quick and smooth recovery. :heart: :heart: :heart:

momwolf
03-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear you have breast cancer. I will hope for the best for you.Just take one day at a time.Prayers are with you :pray: Please let us know how you are doing.We all care!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart:

Ellen Edwards
03-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Margot--I'm so sorry to hear of your bad news. I'll be praying for your quick and complete recovery--it happens so much more often now you know!

God bless you, dear.

Denise in Michigan
03-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Margot--
Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
--Denise

Virtuella
03-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks everybody... more bad news.
They are not able to locate the cancer as a lump in my breast, there is cancer all over my breast and also spread to my lymph. They are not able to operate it. I have to start with chemoterapy. I guess I will start maybe during the weekend. 6 treatments every 3. week.
:(

I feel optimistic and I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS.

jodstr2
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm still praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way.

brendajos
03-22-2006, 03:44 PM
stay strong! don't be afraid to lean on us when you need someone to hold you up either. :heart:

Sara
03-22-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm sending my prayers and positive vibrations to you! :heart: :heart:

rosefield
03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
God's blessings to you and your family :heart:

Ingrid
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Be strong! Beat this thing! All my best wishes and prayers are being sent your way. :heart:

Denise in Michigan
03-23-2006, 01:52 PM
We're with you always.

Virtuella
03-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Good news.. I am going to surgery monday morning. The doctors have decided that the cancer is operabel!! And there is not metastasis in my skelet or in my lungs or in my liver!

I feel lucky! And strong! I am going to fight this cancer out of my body!

:heart: Thank you everybody for support!! :heart:

Quietheart
03-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Woot! Praying and praying! Keep us updated as you can!

Kath

Joy is Peace Dancing!

Ronda
03-25-2006, 12:27 PM
That is such good news! I'll be praying for you.

Jan in CA
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
That's wonderful! Keeping fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts for you!! :heart:

DotMom61
03-26-2006, 12:08 PM
All right, Margot!! You are feeling those prayers working!! God Bless You, and I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. We're all praying for you, my dear!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: Lots of love!!

mks22300
03-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I'll be sending you positive thoughts on Monday! Keep your positive attitude and you will be this!

Virtuella
04-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Then I am home again, my breast is gone, and the 20th April I will learn more about which treatment they are going to give. I know that it was cancer in my axillar lymphnodes, but NOT metastases in liver, skeleton or lungs, so generally I feel optimistic and happy!

AND I am not able to knit.... yet. But I read a lot.

Debbie
04-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I am praying for you ... that you won't be afraid and that treatment will seem quick and gentle .... and for your doctors ...that they will use the exact perfect treatment that will keep you cancer free and knitting and posting to KH.

AnreeAce
04-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I will be keeping you in my thoughts, sending you all the hope I have.

Stay strong, we're all right here beside you.

:heart: :heart:

Angelia
04-01-2006, 01:10 PM
You're in my thoughts, V. And we're all here cheering for you! :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
04-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Keep thinking those positive thoughts and try to relax as much as you can. Best of luck to you..good thoughts and vibes on the way! :heart:

Ellen Edwards
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey Margot!! Good to know you're home and in good shape. Keep up your good thoughts; you're in my thoughts and prayers!!

Ingrid
04-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I know so many women who have beaten this, you can, too!!

Denise in Michigan
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Margot--
Thanks for updating us...one of us is thinking and praying for you each moment that passes!
--Denise

Shandeh
04-02-2006, 04:11 AM
I pray that God will surround you with his angels, and hold you in the palm of His hand.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7

suecq
04-02-2006, 09:55 AM
May the Lord Bless you and keep you in the palm of his hand during this healing time.

dustinac
04-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! :heart:

gardenmommy
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
{{{hugs}}} to you

mks22300
04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
You're going to beat this!! Just stay positive and we're all praying for you!! :heart: :heart:

mintdee
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
:pray: :heart:

Sending prayers your way!

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 03:50 AM
5 more days to wait before I know everything about the treatment. AND I am able to knit again, so my days are not that long anymore. Spring is here, and I feel strong.

:heart: Thank you for helping me, I feel I have a big big family "out there"! :heart:

gardenmommy
04-15-2006, 09:14 AM
So glad to hear you are feeling better and up to knitting again! We've been thinking about you!

brendajos
04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
so glad to hear from you! you have lots of gooooood thoughts and hugs being sent your way!!!

Ronda
04-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I've checked out your blog. I can't read it, but your knitting is just beautiful!

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I've checked out your blog. I can't read it, but your knitting is just beautiful!

Almost every entry is tried written in english, in the bottom... isnt it possible to read? Is my english so bad??? :oops:

Jan in CA
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM

Almost every entry is tried written in english, in the bottom... isnt it possible to read? Is my english so bad??? :oops:

I can read your english just fine! She probably just missed that part. I love those blueberry socks! :inlove: How did you do the color... did you just change colors on your own was was it the yarn?

Virtuella
04-15-2006, 12:39 PM

I can read your english just fine! She probably just missed that part. I love those blueberry socks! :inlove: How did you do the color... did you just change colors on your own was was it the yarn?

I knitted 4 stripes of each colours at the part with the stripes!

bjc1050
04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Virtuella, So sorry I didn't realize how serious the reason is that you weren't going to be posting here for a while. Just read your message. Glad it turned out that the cancer was operable...seems like the prayers worked. Fortunately, there have been many advances, therefore, much success in the treatment of breast cancer. Hoping and praying that all goes well for you now.

Ellen Edwards
04-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Lady!! Hope you're doing better now that your surgery is over. A friend of mine at church found a lump last September and has just completed her chemo and is doing real well -- I hope you are and will be continually! I've been thinking of you and checking your beautiful blog.

Denise in Michigan
04-17-2006, 11:23 AM
It was wonderful to see your post here again! I'm also one of those who admired the blueberry socks on your blog! I wanted to ask you if the pattern is from the "Blueberry Waffle Socks" from Sandy Turner, because I've wanted to try making those. I'm new to sock knitting, but your blueberry socks have really inspired me!

Virtuella
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
It was wonderful to see your post here again! I'm also one of those who admired the blueberry socks on your blog! I wanted to ask you if the pattern is from the "Blueberry Waffle Socks" from Sandy Turner, because I've wanted to try making those. I'm new to sock knitting, but your blueberry socks have really inspired me!

Thanks!! Yes it is Sandy Turners Blueberry socks.
I found the pattern here (http://www.azhreia.net/socks/waffle.html).
It is a lovely pattern to knit, and it is easy to get the second sock exactly the same size, because it is so easy to count bumps! :D

Jeremy
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I think about how you are doing quite a lot. Time must be going by so slowly for you. Our best wishes and prayers for you.

Ronda
04-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Yep, I missed that part. I saw all the Norwegian, so I just looked at your photos! I'll be sure to go back and look.

I hope your spirts are up and you're feeling well, or as well as can be expected.

EDIT - I went back to look. How I missed the English is beyond me! Sorry about that! Now I have some "catching up" to do!

Virtuella
04-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Today my surgeon told me that I am going to have chemo first, then radiation and then some hormonmedicine. The tumor was big, 5,8 cm (2,3 in) and there was cancer in 18 of 21 lymphnodes. I feel empty and happy. Happy becauce the breast and the infected lymphs are gone. I have an appointment at the cancer unit at Tuesday, and I am looking forward to start the treatment.

I am going to beat this!!

Denise in Michigan
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, you are! You and your doctors are fighting this tooth and nail, and we're keeping thoughts and prayers coming your way!

AnreeAce
04-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I am going to beat this!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

That's the perfect attitude to take into treatment! Hang in there, be strong when you can and cry when you need to.

All my thoughts and hopes go out to you!

Virtuella
04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
:shock: :shock:
My cancer was/is quite agressive, Im going to have 6 treatments (18 weeks) with chemotherapy and after that 6 with herceptin-treatments (18 weeks). Then radiation, 30 treatments, and after that hormone therapy for 5 years. Im starting chemo May 5.th.

At the moment I am knitting Shedir from Knitty.com, a strange feeling to knit for myself..

I have cried my eyes out, but now I feel strong and ready for treatment.

:heart: Thank you everybody for support and prayers, I feel like I am part of a big knitting family! :heart:

Ellen Edwards
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Just take deep breaths and draw on us here for some of your strength, dear!! And God will give you what you need---just ask :heart: !

Denise in Michigan
05-01-2006, 12:08 AM
You are an important part of our big knitting family, Margot! Please know that we're always here for you.

It's wonderful that you're making something for yourself. I feel guilty confessing this, but I'm my favorite person for which to knit!

Eiline
05-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I am glad to hear you have treatment planned out. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong and hopeful. You have lots that wish you better soon.
hugs,
Nell

Jan in CA
05-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Keeping fingers crossed for you! :heart: :heart:

Ronda
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I will pray for strength - emotional and physical - for you and healing. I wish I could do more for you...

DotMom61
05-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Margot --

I've been thinking about you, and I know you started chemo this week. I hope it is going well for you. Are they giving you Zofran or Kytril or something else for nausea? They're amazing drugs and can make a big difference.

Blessings to you ... know you're being thought of and prayed for by many!!!

sara_jayne
05-06-2006, 01:35 PM
:heart: :heart: I'm hoping everything is going okay for you! :heart: :heart:

Virtuella
05-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Margot --

I've been thinking about you, and I know you started chemo this week. I hope it is going well for you. Are they giving you Zofran or Kytril or something else for nausea? They're amazing drugs and can make a big difference.

Blessings to you ... know you're being thought of and prayed for by many!!!

Hi, and thanks. Yes, they are giving me Zofran... and I feel strange, really strange, but quite ok. It feels like a big big hangover, headache, hurting joints, nausea..
BUT it is not as bad as I thought it would be.
I am sitting in my chair with my computer and I am knitting a little. I am eating too!
:thumbsup:

I think my mother is having a harder time than me, she is really worried.

Angelia
05-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear you're getting back to *normal*--knitting and eating work wonders to nourish the soul and body! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hugs to you and your mom; I'm sure she is worried about her baby, but you're so very strong! :heart:

AnreeAce
05-07-2006, 10:19 AM
It's good to hear from you. I think about you every day, and I hope you're doing well.

I know just what you mean. The first time my mother had cancer I was beside myself. She spent an awful lot of energy telling me things were going to be OK!

Keep well. Hug your mom, let her worry about you, it'll do her good.

We're all here for you! :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
05-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm glad you are handling the chemo okay. As a mom I know this would be terribly hard so hugs to you both! :heart: :heart:

Ellen Edwards
05-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Margot--I'm so glad you are able to eat, and TO KNIT!! I think both are very important to your well-being!! Be as aggresive as you feel--my best friend was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1994, and was told there was no cure. She had NEVER smoked (her husband had), but anyway, she started looking up places online that had anything about it. She took matters into her own hands and didn't let doctors cow her. It's been almost 13 years since she was diagnosed;she has had ups and downs , but a lot more UPS!! She is cancer free right now!!

NEVER GIVE UP!!! WE'RE HERE FOR YOU! :inlove:

catownedanna
05-08-2006, 03:34 AM
Margot, jag hittade precis den här tråden och fick en förklaring till varför du behandlas för cancer. Det var skönt att läsa att du äter och stickar trots behandlingens biverkningar.

Jag tänker på dig! :heart:

DotMom61
05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Hi, and thanks. Yes, they are giving me Zofran... and I feel strange, really strange, but quite ok. It feels like a big big hangover, headache, hurting joints, nausea..
BUT it is not as bad as I thought it would be.
I am sitting in my chair with my computer and I am knitting a little. I am eating too!
:thumbsup:

Well, I know *exactly* how your Mom feels. ;-) Let her take care of you. It will make her (and you!) feel better.

How long do you get off in-between chemo rounds? You should start to feel more normal in a few days. So hang in there. Also, did they give you good advice on how to avoid getting sick when your white counts drop? We've found that a really *big* thing is to keep a roll of paper towels in each bathroom so that you throw all the hand-washing germs in the garbage instead of leaving them behind on the hand towel. As a matter of fact, I've continued to do this even though DS is no longer on chemo! It's just a good, practical way to avoid spreading colds, etc.

We also make sure to wash our hands as soon as we come home from being out - especially the grocery store.

I'm sure you've already been told all of this ... so please forgive me for going on.

Again, blessings to you ...

Virtuella
05-21-2006, 04:36 AM
How long do you get off in-between chemo rounds? We've found that a really *big* thing is to keep a roll of paper towels in each bathroom so that you throw all the hand-washing germs in the garbage instead of leaving them behind on the hand towel. As a matter of fact, I've continued to do this even though DS is no longer on chemo! It's just a good, practical way to avoid spreading colds, etc. We also make sure to wash our hands as soon as we come home from being out - especially the grocery store.

Thanks! Good advice DotMom!

I have 3 weeks between chemos, I am having the next treatment on friday 26th. The first week was strange, I was really strange. The next week was not so bad. And now I am just naked, without hair, even my eyebrows and the hair on my legs is falling off! It doesnt matter, it will grow back after finishing chemo.

Nikki
05-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nikki

DotMom61
05-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks! Good advice DotMom!

I have 3 weeks between chemos, I am having the next treatment on friday 26th. The first week was strange, I was really strange. The next week was not so bad. And now I am just naked, without hair, even my eyebrows and the hair on my legs is falling off! It doesnt matter, it will grow back after finishing chemo.

Yes, it all comes back. Just enjoy not needing to shave. ;-) Be proud!!!

mks22300
05-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Keep up those positive thoughts, Virtuella!! We're all thinking about you!! :heart:

AnreeAce
05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Yep, hair grows back at the end of treatment. Again referring to DM's first cancer experience: I remember how excited I was a couple months after the end of her treatment, when she had enough hair to get a haircut. It was a big day!

I think about you all the time, hoping that things are going well and that your strength and humor are holding up. We're all pulling for you!

DotMom61
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Margot ...

I just thought of something: You need to knit another clog to keep your head warm!! ;-)

Virtuella
05-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Margot ...

I just thought of something: You need to knit another clog to keep your head warm!! ;-)

:thumbsup: you mean this one:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4536/Lue02.jpg

:roflhard: :roflhard:
Good idea!

Angelia
05-22-2006, 08:44 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
05-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, Margot ... that's exactly what I meant!! :roflhard:

"It's all the rage! Everyone's doin' it!" -- Larry (http://www.bigidea.com/videos/veggietales/vt004/still01.htm)

Angelia
05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
:shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

AnreeAce
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
"It's all the rage! Everyone's doin' it!" -- Larry]

Gotta love Larry!

Virtuella
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
:rofling: :rofling:

Virtuella
05-26-2006, 06:23 AM
My white cells are at a decent count... I dont know how many :-)
I am now waiting for the nurse and the chemo, and I am going home this evening!! :cheering: Tomorrow I am going to inject Neulasta in my belly flesh, hope my white cells are going to act better! I really hope so.
Thank you for your kind words in my blog and mail! You are all so kind!
:heart: Pure "knitting fibre friends" love! :heart:

Angelia
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Oh, I hope so too!!! Glad you're going home!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

sara_jayne
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM

Denise in Michigan
05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
:cheering: :heart: :sunny: :balloons:
Happiness!!!
:balloons: :sunny: :heart: :cheering:

Mer
05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Great news! :cheering:

DotMom61
05-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Margot --

I hope your white cells will soon be doing this:

http://static.flickr.com/50/113304018_026120c64f_o.gif (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotmom61/113304018)

And if they're not doing that right away just remember that it means the chemo is doing it's job!!! :thumbsup:

{{BIG HUGS}}