PDA

View Full Version : I just felted my Entrelac Bag.

Celine
03-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I just finished felting my Entrelac bag. I was so upset because my HOT water never got very hot in the washing machine. So after agitating it for 20 minutes it was beginning to felt but NOT shrink!! :( So I brought it upstairs and then ended up microwaving some hot water and agitating it by hand in the sink. Still it was not doing what I wanted it to do. So back to my book on felting and then I read about how I could boil it on the stove in a big pot. After 20 minutes of doing that I was much happier with the outcome. I used Nuro K. :XX: :XX:

I think this whole "experience" would have been a much happier one if my water had gotten HOT. But at least I found a way to get the job done.

knitqueen
03-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Is the hot water in your house turned high enough???

I'd love to see the finished product. That entrelac stuff is always so impressive. :thumbsup:

Ingrid
03-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I find that I have to fill and then drain and refill my washer before felting because the water that's in the pipes cools off the hot water coming in. I get it steaming that way, when normally it's really just kind of hottish.

Miss Kittie
03-18-2006, 04:51 PM
When I felt in the washer [I have a front loader] I use hot water and let the wash cycle end, turn off the machine. bring what-ever felting to the sink where I have ice water. Then back to the washer and run thur the wash cycle. I do that 3 or 4 times. I add baking soda to the washer and the shock of the hot and cold makes it felt faster..When I think it's done I let the machine run thur all cycles.

Celine
03-18-2006, 09:19 PM
That heater is just the way it "is". Some days we have hot showers and others "just right" then at other times...".luke warm". We may be due for a new hot water heating system soon.

This is the pattern I used for my bag.
:XX: :XX:
http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TGD099&Category_Code=TGD