PDA

View Full Version : Knitpicks Sock Yarns

cheesiesmom
03-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I just read on another forum that Knitpicks is having a sale on sock yarns because they are being discontinued? I'm just learning socks and just CAN'T buy any more yarn right now. The DH would kill me!!

Has anyone else heard that they are discontinuing lines?

I'm so depressed. :crying:

Gladys in frigid Michigan spring.

LM Needle Fanatic
03-22-2006, 10:16 AM
I hadn't heard that, and I have an order for sock yarn on the way. But I will check it out.

Celine
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
I have purchased two different kinds of the Knit Picks sock yarn and I think their yarn is so thin. Does anyone else notice this? I think I prefer the slightly thicker yarns. I love their prices tho.

Julie
03-22-2006, 11:23 AM
From the Knitty board:
Actually, I just called and placed an order this a.m., and was asking about color cards--but didn't want to order them if they were making drastic changes. So the gal I talked to (Kathy, I think, very helpful) checked her email to see exactly what it said... according to her, they are combining the handpaint sock line into one line (called Memories) as another poster said. She further told me it would have 12 colors. Sadly, that cuts the handpaints by about half.

On another note, I was asking about color cards for other yards--including some of the "staples"--Alpaca Silk, Merino Style, and Wool of the Andes. She told me that *all* of those yarns were having color cards re-done. So, I think it's safe to say that we can look for some fairly significant re-vamps over at Knitpicks in the next couple catalogs.

cindyloowho
03-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I just finished a pair of socks with Online self patterning sock yarn ($13 for a pair). I also just bought KP memories and garden. Its on sale for $2.99 instead of $3.99
It is not thinner than the Online yarn, but a heck of alot cheaper. I guess its just a matter of personal preference. I really liked working on that small scale. (#2 needles)

Cindy

rebecca
03-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Kelley told me that they were making big changes. I hate to see the decrease in painted yarns, they are quite nice. I don't mind the loss of Dancing, even though I made my pattern with it, I found out then that it was hinky to work with....but, after you get the sock done, it wears well. ;)