PDA

View Full Version : What do you do......

Calabaza
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
with a ton of acrlic yarn??? Before I started knitting I crocheted. I have a ton of red hart yarn that I hate now, (thanks to you guys opening my eyes to the real world of yarn!!) and I have no idea to do with. I thought about selling it on e-bay, but then thought that maybe you guys would have some ideas on how to use it.

Thanks

Jess :)

Ingrid
03-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I donated a lot of mine. You could just offer it up for charity projects, either here or locally.

knittnl
03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I gave mine to a friend.

The rest I'm going to use here: www.snugglesproject.org

Friskums
03-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Make resuce/shelter animals blankets.

I there's a thread in the KAL : here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9298)

The animals don't care about fiber content. ;)

Calabaza
03-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks Guys!! That was fast!!

cheesiesmom
03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
You might try selling it on ebay. You know, the Greater Fool theory: If you were fool enough to buy it, there's a greater fool out there who will buy it from you! :lol:

Gladys in wintry Michigan.

Cristy
03-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Warm-up America Squares: that's what I'm doing with some of mine...

Friskums
03-23-2006, 12:44 PM
If you wanna just get rid of some of it, I'll pay for shipping to me. I'd love to make some homeless pet blankets, but I don't have anything I can make it with. So far the only "stash" I have is the few left over balls from my projects (which are all the size of a tennis ball or less. Mostly less.)

Jan in CA
03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Warm-up America Squares: that's what I'm doing with some of mine...

Yep! I was at Micheals and saw the display and a basket for squares. I thought what an easy way to help someone and clear out the stash drawer. I'm not making a whole afghan, just making the rectangles to drop off at Micheals.

Michael's Warm Up America Project (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=20146)

aylaanne
03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm hoping I come across a cheap stash of acrylic yarn to make afgan squares out of. Some I might donate to warm up america, some I might just hang on to and make myself an afgan, eventually. And there's nothing like afgan squares for practicing stitch patterns.