PDA

View Full Version : I had a fun day today.

Indygirl
03-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Went on a LYS tour. We found 4 lys within 20 mil's of each other, two not so good, the others were great :heart: :heart: This yarn was 40% off, not sure what I will make with it. I'm thinking a cardigan w/ the Soft Tweed, it is 50% wool, 20%viscose, 14%polyamide, 10% silk. I just loved the Noro but don't have a clue what I'll do with it.

Cristy
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
two bad you don't have 3 skeins of the NORO--you could make a booga (if you haven't already!). Glad you had fun!

gardenmommy
03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
You can do this booga with 2 skeins of Noro, and one skein of a solid

http://vtknitter.blogspot.com/2005/12/customized-booga-bag.html

Sounds like a lot of fun! You showed a lot of restraint too! ;)

Darhain
03-25-2006, 11:17 PM
You can do this booga with 2 skeins of Noro, and one skein of a solid

http://vtknitter.blogspot.com/2005/12/customized-booga-bag.html

Sounds like a lot of fun! You showed a lot of restraint too! ;)

Any idea which color Kureyon she used for that Booga? And the LP, too, for that matter. THAT is the color I want my next Booga to be! :inlove:

gardenmommy
03-26-2006, 02:16 AM
If I had to guess, I think it would be #40 for the Noro.

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=1184

Click on the samples to make it bigger.

For the LP, I'd guess the Brite Blue or the Blue Boy (the Spring 2004:2 card)

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=590

Vendie
03-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Which LYS's did you go to, Indygirl? Since you're in Bloomington, they might actually be close enough for me to check out sometime? Did you go to Sheep Street??

Indygirl
03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Which LYS's did you go to, Indygirl? Since you're in Bloomington, they might actually be close enough for me to check out sometime? Did you go to Sheep Street??

FiberGirl, We first went to "Mass Ave Knit Shop" on Virginia Ave. in Indpolis. That was the 30, 40, 50 % off sale. next to "Knit two together" it had gone out of busness :( ... The best one was "Stitches & Scones" in Westfield, Indiana. That is north of Indy. If you would like anymore info on these let me know. I go to Sheep Street all the time so we bypassed that one for the day. One was downtown Indy, it wasn't much :( ....
We had a full day. I could have spent much more, I had to really use restraint ;)

Amber
03-26-2006, 09:55 AM
That sounds like so much fun! I've only been to one LYS -- a grand total of 1 time (I'm so deprived ;) ).

The yarn looks lovely. I think the Noro would be perfect for a felted bag.

Vendie
03-26-2006, 11:54 AM

FiberGirl, We first went to "Mass Ave Knit Shop" on Virginia Ave. in Indpolis. That was the 30, 40, 50 % off sale. next to "Knit two together" it had gone out of busness :( ... The best one was "Stitches & Scones" in Westfield, Indiana. That is north of Indy. If you would like anymore info on these let me know. I go to Sheep Street all the time so we bypassed that one for the day. One was downtown Indy, it wasn't much :( ....
We had a full day. I could have spent much more, I had to really use restraint ;)

I :heart: Mass Ave -it's about 10 minutes from my office so I go there all the time. I've only been to Stitches and Scones once - I have a key chain measuring tape from them. I do like them, I love that it's in an oldish house. There's also a yarn store in Greenwood on Main St, but it's small and they don't take credit cards (and I never carry cash).

Well, it sounds like you had fun! I love doing LYS crawls!

ekgheiy
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
:heart: :heart:
:inlove: :inlove:

Indygirl
03-26-2006, 01:16 PM

FiberGirl, Just thought I'd let you know the name of the other LYS. "Golden Thimble" it is on Carrollton Ave. in Indy. It was pretty well stocked, we just decided we like the others better :inlove:

knitstress_tygher
03-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Sounds like fun! My Knitster and I are gonna go on a tour of the ones I can find in the Charlotte area, maybe next week ... gotta wait till I have a little money to spend, just in case.

Indygirl
03-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Sounds like fun! My Knitster and I are gonna go on a tour of the ones I can find in the Charlotte area, maybe next week ... gotta wait till I have a little money to spend, just in case.

[b]knitstress, we had big fun. I didn't know about these lys. One of the girls I went with found then on the net.

VictoiseC
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, I didn't know you could make a bag out of just 2 skeins of Noro!
How fantastic! I just happen to have 2 skeins laying around somewhere.
Thanks!

samm
03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I have only one skein, bought just because I was so surprised to actually see the stuff I've read so much about. I thought I might make a hat with it, but I COULD go back and get more........ ;) samm who might have to do just that!