PDA

View Full Version : after this pair, NO more

Nikki
03-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Remember my felted clogs? The husband guy wanted a pair, fine. Then the oldest son saw them and now I'm working on my 3rd pair of felted clogs! I can now do the neverending row 2 AND watch the history channel at the same time but goodness, I am soooooooo tired of making clogs.

Do any of you ever get to the point you would just as soon go play in your garden as knit?

Nikki

Darhain
03-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I knit 14 pairs of felted mocs for friends & family as Christmas gifts. I don't have a pair, and probably never will, as I never want to see that parttern again! I actually have a pair still on the needles that I just can't seem to finish, mostly because it's so boring for me to work on them now.

Now I'm going to make 2 clapotis and 3 booga bags. So we'll see how sick I am of those in a couple of months.

Stacy
03-26-2006, 09:46 AM
After I learned to knit a, year ago, I was knitting constantly. I made more dish clothes, scarves, practice swatches, squares for an afghan, and several baby blankets. If I was awake and not taking care of my dogs, my house, or my husband I was knitting. Then all of a sudden I just quit. It worried me that I had burned myself out too fast.

Then a few weeks ago I thought I would make a baby blanket for a friend who is due next month. Thank goodness! I am back. Now all the $$ I spent wasn't a fly by night fad. I am enjoying it again. I am not going AS crazy this time. Maybe Dad will get that vest I started for him last year. ;)

Stacy

Nikki
03-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Many thanks and gentle hugs to both of you. I was worried I was burning out too, glad to know it has happened to others the same way.
Nikki

KellyK
03-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Ive made more than 20 pair. And, several friends still want some for birthdays. Im the WRONG person to ask. :oops: :lol:

Jan in CA
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Kelly can make them in her sleep now it doesn't count. :roflhard:

I've never made the clogs, but if I knit a bunch of anything I'm sure it would get old after a while. I have made a bunch of hats now however and I still enjoy making them. I think part of that is they are easy so I can do other things like watch TV or carry on a conversation while knitting. My preference is to mix it up. Make a sweater, then a few hats, then learn booties, etc.. My DH wants a sweater now, but he's going to have to wait. ;)

Shandeh
03-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Variety is the spice of life. That's why I have so many different hobbies. Whenever I get bored with one, I turn to another, then back again eventually. I knit, spin yarn, sew, and do embroidery. I'm also a musician, but it's my job....not a hobby.

I really haven't gotten tired of knitting though, because I'm always working on about 8 projects at the same time. When I get tired of one project, I drop it and work on another. I keep my projects in separate baskets, so I can pick them up to work on them and set them aside easily.

samm
03-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah. The ol' can't stand to look at this blue yarn again. I just finished a blue sweater, and only finished because it is for my grandson's b'day this week. Otherwise I'd have pitched it in a corner for a bit. I go in binges of knitting, but on several (several!?) projects at once. I finish it all, but in no particular order usually. I do sometimes stop knitting too, and sew or crochet or whatever takes my fancy. I figure if it's feeling like work I'm gonna do something else. I always come back, though, and I, too get bored with repeating patterns over and over and over. Hugs to you, from me, samm

cindyln
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I have made 3 Oregon totes and have 3 more to make. I am dragging my feet making those last 3 because I am tired of that pattern. I understand completely.

VictoiseC
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I agree, a bunch of projects is just so much more fun. I sometimes start something new on the spur of the moment just for the design aspect.
I still haven't made onepair of clogs! although I finally got the pattern last month. What's the rush! I'm trying intarsia for the first time today, knitting some cats onto the back of a red vest. I'd hate to burn out! That would be intolerable!

samm
03-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Exactly, Victoise!! And sometimes it is a new yarn, the feel of it, the colour of it, the possibility of it that starts new projects here! samm :XX: