PDA

View Full Version : my hubby

mintdee
03-26-2006, 10:51 AM
That man never really showed much more than a passing interest in the knitting or crocheting that I have done over the years (except for felting, he like the process a lot) Last night I was spindeling some of my wool top (I am thinking shawl :thumbsup: ) when he decided that he wanted to help me. So I drafted and he would give the spindle a spin. It was so funny. I had to learn to draft while it was spinning rather than park and draft pretty quick lol. It was kind of neat so I had to share. :D

and here is a pic of the first yarn I have ever made.

quirky
03-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Thats pretty cool about your husbands interest. Nicer that now you two can share a hobby :D

I tried spinning with a spindle but honestly I had a lot of trouble keeping that much coorindation going. Maybe I really just needed a helpful hubby?

In anycase your yarn looks great! I love the color.

Now keep spinning!

amy
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
How nice to have your hubby helping, fun! :D

Congrats on your first skein!! :cheering:

rebecca
03-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Cool hubby that takes an interest in something that you love :D Nice job on the yarn :cheering: :cheering:

mintdee
03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
That is what I thought. Although don't tell him that I told you all. He specifically told me not to. ;)

:roflhard:

Shandeh
03-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Funny!

When I was at the Southeastern Animal & Fiber Fair last year, I saw quite a few men there, spinning drop spindles and helping to sell their fiber wares. It was cool.

Rhyannon1970
04-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I think its great that your hubby is interested..the only thing that my husband asks about my knitting is "HOW MUCH NOW?"..haha...yeah, im a yarn addict. I think this batch looks amazing, great job.

Oh & by the way, this>>Knitting: "it's worse than crack!"-Ingrid the Wise is hilarious...thanks for the laugh, i'll be passing this quote around :roflhard:

Rhy

mintdee
04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks all for the comments. I just hope that he doesn't become excited enough to get his own spindle and really start spinning on his own. He will end up being better at it than me :oops:

:roflhard:

Rhyannon1970
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey, whatever...so long as he is willing to share ;)

Rhy :XX:

rebecca
04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Sandra...he could spin yarn for you!!! How cool is that?!
;)

VictoiseC
04-06-2006, 01:18 PM
HOW MUCH yeah that's a question I get a lot too... but since I made The Hub a beautiful thick warm vest he's so into what I'm knitting.
That's nice yours finally stepped up to the.... wheel.

Very pretty yarn, must feel like a great accomplishment (I'm still not learning) I think that yarn will make something very warm right?