PDA

View Full Version : Wendy "velvet touch" yarn...

Jan in CA
03-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Has anyone use this yarn before? I saw it today at the LYS and it looked like it might work for the Baby Uggs. It would be slightly fuzzier, but I'm thinking of giving it a try.
Velvet Touch (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Wendy_Peter_Pan_Yarn-Velvet_Touch_Yarn-1943.html)

nicolethegeek
03-29-2006, 05:30 PM
*bump*

Yvonne
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Jan, I think it's definitely a closer substitute than the LB Suede because it's a light worsted ribbon and kind of fuzzy, similar to the Berocco Suede.
I'd live dangerously and give it a shot, I think. Maybe look up and compare needle size and gauge first.

Jan in CA
03-29-2006, 06:45 PM
The gauge and needles are the same so I think I will give it a try. It'll be after a few other projects are dones, but it will get done. Those booties are too cute! Thanks!

CarmenIbanez
03-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I have used it and the way it wears I think would be perfect for this project. It gets even closer to the "sueded" look after it has been washed a couple times.

Jan in CA
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I have used it and the way it wears I think would be perfect for this project. It gets even closer to the "sueded" look after it has been washed a couple times.

Excellent! Thanks!

gardenmommy
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
*sigh* so pretty....You'd use the Sahara color, right?

I picked up some faux suede-ish yarn at Hobby Lobby a while back, thinking I'd try it for Uggs, but I haven't had a chance to yet, I think it's near the bottom of my stash tub.

CarmenIbanez
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
I really like the sahara. My LYS only has baby colors in that yarn.

Jan in CA
03-30-2006, 12:28 AM
*sigh* so pretty....You'd use the Sahara color, right?

I really like the sahara. My LYS only has baby colors in that yarn.

Yes, I'll try and get the Sahara, but I also think pink Uggs would be adorable, too! I hope they ahve good colors at the LYS..I don't remember. If not I'll probably order what I want. It's cheaper anyway.