PDA

View Full Version : FO: First pair of socks

RachelJean
03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Here's my first pair of socks. The yarn is Knitpicks simple stripes in the color storm and the pattern is the first one in Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm not sure I like the yarn, it's a bit rough. I'll see how they feel after they're washed.

My kitchener stitch toes are a bit wonky, and after I finished the second sock, I realized that I had done the toe of the first one wrong. I considered frogging, but they're only for me and they actually look like socks :happydance: so I think I'll keep them just the way they are.

Tammy6071
03-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I think your socks look awesome!! Nice work!

Carol_OH
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

aren't socks the best!?!?!?

rebecca
03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: WTG, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st socks!!! Don't ya just love knitting socks?! LOL, I've got a pair of socks (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2004%20beginning%20to%20KNIT/IM000129.jpg) that have a different color/striped pattern toe bc I ran out of yarn...I wear them with clogs quite often ;)

sara_jayne
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Great Job!!!

VictoiseC
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Those are very impressive for FIRST SOCKS! Geez. You should see mine!
I don't mind little mistakes, I often leave one in and just think of that um,
what is it, Arabic ? thing where they always have a mistake in the rug
because to make it perfect is to try and imitate Allah/God and ... shouldn't be done. Something like that. :thumbsup:

Amber
03-28-2006, 05:43 PM
That's the same yarn I chose for my first pair of socks -- but, mine aren't finished yet. Yours look fantastic!!

sfavereau
03-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I made my first pair of socks from that same yarn. And it gets really nice and soft after washing. I love them and wear them all the time!

kemp
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
wow...they are gorgeous! Can't believe they're your first.

RachelJean
03-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm wearing them today, and they are fairly comfortable but I'm glad to hear that they will soften up a bit after washing. Knitting socks is really fun - I'm addicted already.

rebecca
03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
:roflhard: Yes, sock knitting is quite addictive....I'm a big addict!!! I have the same yarn in my sock yarn box waiting for it's turn on the needles :D
EDIT...I forgot to add...knitpicks is having a sale on sock yarns as they are discontinuing some of their painted sock yarn & combining it under 1 heading & I think Dancing is being discontinued all together. I just saw all of this when I was placing an order for some sock yarn...as if I need it :roflhard: :rofling:

nicolethegeek
03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Great job!!! First pair and you've even got the stripes all matched and everything... more than I can say for any of the self-stripers I've done!!!

LM Needle Fanatic
03-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Beautiful job! I did my first sock in Simple Stripes, but the Sweet Tarts color. Yes, they do soften up after washing. They are sooo comfortable, I don't plan on ever going back to "commercial" socks again. And what I like about knitting them is you can take them with you while you go somewhere you have to wait (which these days seems to include the grocery store). I copied one of the over the wrist arm bags from the last KnitPicks catalog so I just throw everything in that and go.

Danielle
03-30-2006, 12:25 AM
:cheering: Great job! :thumbsup:

Eiline
03-30-2006, 09:02 AM
You did great! I really should try socks. I made an easter egg with dpns that was my first real dpn project. I think I might give socks a go. Yours are so pretty. Great stuff!

itscryttle
03-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I am always envious of those who can do socks. But those are BEAUTIFUL! Great job! :inlove: