PDA

View Full Version : Felted Nantasket basket new pic added

Miss Kittie
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Felted Nantasket Basket #1. This one is made with Moda- Dea Cache and a pattern from The Knitting Zone.. I made the handles on the sides 6 inches instead of 4 to 5 inches, won't do that again... Making them for Easter, filling them up for the neighbors.
http://www.i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/Gato2perro/easterbasket.jpg
http://www.i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/Gato2perro/purple.jpg

Ronda
03-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Too bad I'm not your neighbor! I love it!

Jan in CA
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Your neighbors! :shock: Wow..you must have some wonderful neighbors! The basket is gorgeous!

hedgehog
03-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Why Miss Kittie it is marvellous!! What a lovely gift!

-hh

knitwit2
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
What beautiful baskets!!! I have a question for you. If I am doing Version I without a contrasting color why do I have to use a contrasting color for the end of the base? Attach a double strand of Color B and knit 5 rounds. On the sixth round, *pick up the back loop of the stitch from the first round you knit with Color B and place it on the left needle. Knit this loop together with the stitch on the needle; repeat from * to the end of the round. Is it so I can see what loop to pick up? If so can I use any Color B because it won't show?

Thank you.

rebecca
04-03-2006, 04:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I love, love your baskets...I may have to make one after seeing yours :D

knitwit2
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
What beautiful baskets!!! I have a question for you. If I am doing Version I without a contrasting color why do I have to use a contrasting color for the end of the base? Attach a double strand of Color B and knit 5 rounds. On the sixth round, *pick up the back loop of the stitch from the first round you knit with Color B and place it on the left needle. Knit this loop together with the stitch on the needle; repeat from * to the end of the round. Is it so I can see what loop to pick up? If so can I use any Color B because it won't show?

Thank you.

Carol_OH
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
ooh great job!!! I have been umm working on a basket since ummm before Christmas! I got stuck mentally at the handles!

Showing your photos has given me the inspiration to finish!!! THANKS!!! :cheering:

IrishBaby
04-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Fabulous!

AnreeAce
04-03-2006, 09:20 PM
:cheering: :thumbsup:

Love 'em!

Is your kitty going with them? It might blow the whole "Easter Bunny" thing... you could knit some ears...

Ronda
04-04-2006, 06:50 AM
:inlove: I'm going to have to buy that pattern...

Is your kitty going with them? It might blow the whole "Easter Bunny" thing... you could knit some ears... :roflhard: And don't forget the tail...

Nikki
04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
I wish I lived in Texas then I'd be a neighbor too
Nikki

HamaLee
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Oooh so pretty.

My Nana and I bond over my knitting and she would love one of those (to store some of her vast quilting fabrics!). Is that a free pattern you could link? Or maybe even a link to where I'd find it if it's a pay pattern?

Thanks!

Miss Kittie
04-04-2006, 11:41 AM

Thank you. On the first one I just marked the first row with contrasting yarn so I could see where the row was to pick up for the rim..
Or just count down 5 rows...

Miss Kittie
04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Oooh so pretty.

My Nana and I bond over my knitting and she would love one of those (to store some of her vast quilting fabrics!). Is that a free pattern you could link? Or maybe even a link to where I'd find it if it's a pay pattern?

Thanks!
The Knitting Zone. just click on patterns, by type,felting, page 5 about half way down the page. They have a buch of different basket.

VictoiseC
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
I've been wanting to make that for some time ... yours are beautiful!
I love the blue combination. Really nice work.

knitwit2
04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much Miss Kittie!!! I understand now. I frogged the whole basket last night because I was so frustrated!!! :( But I will start again tonight.