PDA

View Full Version : First Knitting Group Meeting!

sfavereau
03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Today I went to my first knitting group meeting. What an absolute BLAST! I had so much fun and met so many really cool people. I'm definitely going back next week and maybe even this Saturday.

I just had to share how fun it was! I have to admit I was a little aprehensive about joining them, but everyone is so nice and welcoming. If there's anyone out there that's thinking about going to a knitting group, do it! It's so much fun!

Ingrid
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
:cheering: :cheering: That's great!!!

nanonette
03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Awesome, Stephanie!! :thumbsup: Bummer I don't live closer to the Springs!

sfavereau
03-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Nanonette,

I didn't even know there was such a huge knitting community here! I do think I would like to join the one in Parker too though. ;) I'll have to see if I can make both meetings, but I definitely will make one. Hope to see you there!

catownedanna
03-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Today I went to my first knitting group meeting. What an absolute BLAST!

I'm so glad you had a great time! I went to my first meeting with other knitters in January at my LYS. We've met every third week since and it's fun. There's only three or four of us there but it makes it cozy!

Amber
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Sounds fun!

dustinac
03-30-2006, 10:56 AM
:cheering: Glad you had a great time!!!

nicolethegeek
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
After being part of my local email knitting group for over 6 months, I got my first opportunity to meet with them in person in January. I had a blast, and am considering booking off my first Wednesday of the month from work just so I can go! :thumbsup: I'm so glad that you were able to get together too and had so much fun!

sfavereau
03-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys! The knitting group I went to has over 30 people! There is a secondary meeting on Saturdays that's apparently smaller. Two people have asked me to join them this Saturday and I think I might! :D It's wonderful to meet others with the same addiction.

hedgehog
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
sfav,

I'm really glad you had such a good experience. As i remember you recently moved to CO - what a wonderful way to meet people and become established into a community. With 30 people and a sub-group to boot - sheesh! Sounds like a wonderful, lively crowd!

Yea! :cheering:

-hh