PDA

View Full Version : Heart Pillow in Fun Fur

KristiMetz
03-31-2006, 12:40 AM
This was my first time working with Lion Brand Fun Fur... the pattern (http://www.frugalhaus.com/scripts/pillow.asp) called for two strands of the stuff held together. It was a bit of a nightmare to work with that way. The pattern calls for 3 balls, I only used 2 and had a bit left over.

But, I got it done. This was started several days ago for my father-in-law who is dying. I don't have a lot of time to knit but his condition has gotten worse and worse, so I finally finished this yesterday. We put it in his bed under his neck and I'm not sure if he's totally aware that I knit it for him, but for some reason it's comforting to me to see it there.

Anyway, here it is. I made a million mistakes but at least they don't show too well with the Fun Fur. Although, to be fair the fun fur was responsible for many of the mistakes! Darn that stuff. If I could go back and do it over, I would try this pattern in the Lion Chenille Thick 'n Quick I need to do something with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/kristimetz/d1b2545c.jpg

gardenmommy
03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Aw, that's sweet. Reminds me of Grover or Cookie Monster!

BinkyKat
03-31-2006, 01:15 AM
Aw, that's sweet. Reminds me of Grover or Cookie Monster!

Ah, perfect pillow! and Grover was my first tv crush! he's such a good monster... Neeeeeaaaarrrr!! Faaaarrrrrrrrr!!! :roflhard:

I should make one for my nephew! he love's Elmo!

rebecca
03-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Your pillow is beautiful and I'm so glad that it has given you comfort to have done it and I'm sure on some level he knows that you have done it & feels your love :D

Shandeh
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Good job! I'll be praying for your family.

sara_jayne
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
It looks very nice and comfortable.

:heart: Sorry to hear about your FIL - lots of prayers and thoughts being sent to you and your family. :heart:

KristiMetz
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
My FIL passed away last night. :( So I am glad that at least I got it done and he was able to snuggle with it for a few hours.

He actually woke up when I leaned it against him and we told him I made him a pillow, and he said "Kinda furry!". LOL.

Thanks for all of the thoughts, obviously the furry pillow is now the furthest thing from my mind, but I'm really glad I got it done in time.

Amber
03-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. The pillow is beautiful and I'm glad you were able to give it to him.