PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my mailman :-)

rebecca
03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
I must say I've grown VERY FOND of my mailman! I just got 2 addi's in the mail (Size 0; 16" & 24" which rounds out my sock needles nicely ;) ) and 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces a few days ago and I'm expecting my Sock I dvd (http://www.knitpicks.com/books/itemid_80271/books_display.aspx) any day now :D I love getting mail...I especially love getting KNITTING GOODIES :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
I forgot, I should be getting sock yarn from KnitPicks next week, too.... :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Ingrid
03-31-2006, 06:55 PM
:shock: Does Lonny know? :shock:

rebecca
03-31-2006, 07:04 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: Can you believe he's very encouraging :roflhard: :rofling:
You know, he orders a great deal of the knitting yummies ;)

Ingrid
03-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I know he does! Is he aware that he's hooking you up with the mailman, though? :rofling:

rebecca
03-31-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL, I'm afraid he knows that I look forward to his arrival everyday ;) Actually, I really get excited by the deliver truck :roflhard: :rofling:

Ingrid
03-31-2006, 08:09 PM
:oops: Me, too!

rebecca
03-31-2006, 08:31 PM
LOL, don't you know everyone is the same way?! :roflhard: :rofling:

Jan in CA
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Yes! I'm waiting for yarn and needles! :roflhard:

brendajos
03-31-2006, 08:35 PM
*sigh* i am waiting for a mixer....not quite the same but it is makin' me nuts(-ier) with the waiting! :verysad:

AnreeAce
03-31-2006, 11:16 PM
*sigh* i am waiting for a mixer....not quite the same but it is makin' me nuts(-ier) with the waiting! :verysad:

Oh, I remember waiting for my mixer... I think it's the same! I lucked out, mine got here two days before a command perofrmance for a Lemon Cheesecake!

Hang in there, I'm sure it's on the way. :D

rebecca
03-31-2006, 11:46 PM
Whatever it may be...it's FUN to get things that we are looking forward to in the mail or UPS, etc :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Vendie
04-01-2006, 09:14 AM
:shock: Does Lonny know? :shock:

I was going to ask the very same thing! :roflhard: :roflhard:

KathD
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: When I come home and see a box on the porch my heart skips a beat!!

RachelJean
04-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I love getting packages, too. However, our mail is usually delivered by a woman so my DH has nothing to worry about. :roflhard:

rebecca
04-01-2006, 11:19 AM
LOL, I'm beginning the stalk for the mailman (or lady, today we always have a different mail person) today...I'm expecting a dvd...I want it NOW :roflhard: :rofling:

rebecca
04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Well...my stalking of the mail person has REALLY paid off today :D :D
1st & foremost I got the sweetest Teddy Bear from Sandra (Mintdee) :D .... THANKS SO MUCH...u r a sweetheart ;)
AND I got my Sock I dvd...I'm off to watch it now :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Ahhhh.....nuttin' like gettin' goodies in the mail :D

kitkat
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I received an order from Knitting Warehouse yesterday - some of the Bernat denimstyle - yummy and a few skeins of a lovely light blue simply soft to make a shrug for moi!

mintdee
04-01-2006, 07:27 PM
You are soooo welcome! I saw him and thought that he was just cuddly and lovable and needed to be with you. Unfortunatly my pen would not work so my message was not to clear. but I am so glad to see that you are getting better. :heart:

rebecca
04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah...it's good to knit for you!! I knit for me all fall & winter...love it :D

:D Your message was very clear...and very sweet ;)

Shandeh
04-02-2006, 03:37 AM
I love getting packages too...it's like Christmas! That's why I love eBay so much. I'm always buying things there. It's such a treat to get gifts in the mail - even if they are from myself! :D

rebecca
04-02-2006, 09:32 AM
I TOTALLY agree, Carolina ;)

brendajos
04-02-2006, 11:31 AM
*sigh*.... :verysad: still no mixer :verysad:

dustinac
04-02-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm waiting for my Denise's to get here for my b-day... although I'm sure when the mailman does deliver them dh will still make me wait till the 12th :verysad:

quirky
04-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I am waiting on my new spinning wheel. I sent off the check last week - figuring 3 days in the mail (its only a couple states away), the weekend, another 3 days for the check to clear (dammit) and another 3 days shipping return, another weekend - ugh!! I probably wont get my wheel until Monday the 11th! Is this kind of torture legal??

mks22300
04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Gee, all this talk about getting things in the mail makes me want to go order something! Oh wait, I did receive Zappos and Gap packages earlier this week (how quickly I forgot! :roflhard: ). But...I do need to order some addis for a hat I want to make and I know my brother would like a Dr Who scarf.... ;)

mintdee
04-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I have yarn coming to me and there is a lady painting a spindle for me that I am impatiently waiting on. still have another couple of weeks before I am allowed to be impatient but it is so hard to wait! :roflhard:

AnreeAce
04-02-2006, 01:18 PM
*sigh*.... :verysad: still no mixer :verysad:

:crying:

Hang in there! Stalk the tracking website! I'm waiting for an order from A Cook's Wares (http://www.cookswares.com/), it's killing me too!

rebecca
04-02-2006, 01:22 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: I'm not the only one that LOVEs delivery people...LOL!
I feel your pain about waiting so long! I did the same thing with my Sock I dvd! I ordered it from Joann's bc I used the 50% off code...well, then they have SHIPPING PROBLEMS, which took about 2 weeks more while the shipping problems were being ironed out my dvd was sitting at some warehouse...I was being VERY IMPATIENT (I don't know why bc I was working on other projects & couldn't just drop them for these socks :roflhard: )...but, alas, it did arrive & it was worth the wait :cheering: :cheering: The thing I was questioning (gusset) was quickly understood as I watched her do it ;)
Now...I await other things.................YEAH, BABY :D

Ingrid
04-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I have nothing coming. :( Oh, yeah, there's the Master Card bill. That should keep me in check for a few days, anyway. :rollseyes:

kitkat
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll see your mastercard bill and raise you several thousand. The last one had:

Swim camp 670
Eyeglasses 370
annual lawn 225
sound thingy for the tv 450
annual dog and cat visits 275

Oh yeah. good thing I am working overtime. Bad thing I don't see the money for it until mid June@

Ingrid
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
You win!! Now let's see who has a sale. . . . :rofling:

Debbie
04-02-2006, 04:43 PM
$670 swimcap :shock:

edit .... oops ... swim camp

I was thinking you could knit a swim cap from rubber bands and then use the $670 for yarn :)

rebecca
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Okay, okay....I was talking about FUN THINGS...not bills...YUCKY :(

mintdee
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

kitkat
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Well the swim camp and the stereo stuff certainly aren't necessities.....but they will make my life easier! Just glad its paid and out of the way.

Shandeh
04-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I am waiting on my new spinning wheel. I sent off the check last week - figuring 3 days in the mail (its only a couple states away), the weekend, another 3 days for the check to clear (dammit) and another 3 days shipping return, another weekend - ugh!! I probably wont get my wheel until Monday the 11th! Is this kind of torture legal??

You would have DIED waiting as long as I did for my spinning wheel.

Let me tell you the story.....

I tried to find a spinning wheel that I could afford for about two months. I watched eBay everyday, scoured the local antique and consignment stores, etc. I didn't think I would ever be able to afford to have a wheel of my own. (I'm a church organist and piano teacher, so I don't have a ton of money.)

One day, I found a wheel at a local consignment store that was selling for $160. Even that seemed like more than I could afford, so I asked the person at the counter if I could buy it for $120. She said, "No, but it will be discounted by 20% if it doesn't sell in 60 days." I asked her when the 60 days would be up, and then I marked my calendar.

I went by the store at least once a week to make sure it was still there. I played with the wheel, and learned how to get a good rhythm with the foot pedal. I would check the wheel again, adjusting the cord that kept getting knocked off the wheel by children or mindless adults. I caressed the soft wood, and said, "One day, you will be mine!" :twisted:

Finally the day arrived when the 60 days were over, and I hopefully went to the consignment store once more. :pray: I kept saying to myself, "It's probably gone now. Somebody else probably bought it yesterday." I tried to resign myself to the fact that I might have to use my drop spindle for a little while longer. I walked in the door, and squinted to see where the wheel has been for the last 60 days. I saw the edge of it, peeking from behind a large chest of drawers! :cheering: I felt like it was calling to me, "Sandy, are you finally taking me home?"

I carefully controlled my steps through the store, so I wouldn't damage any of the antiques, and finally got to the wheel. Nothing had been damaged, thank God. I looked it over again real good - thankfully it was still in good shape. I walked to the counter and asked if I could purchase it for 20% off since it had been there for over 60 days. They said that I could, and I handed them the money. The nice lady at the counter carried it up to the front for me, and then she said, "Oh....here is a box of stuff that goes with the wheel!"

To my amazement, in the box, there were all sorts of goodies! The owner's manual for the wheel said that it is an "Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel" (Cool!) There was a nice set of hand carders, and several books on spinning. Along with this, there were about 11 small bags of different fibers for me to practice spinning! My eyebrows flew up and my mouth fell open when I realized the great deal I had just gotten! Get this.....I only paid $130 for all that stuff.

So, in the end....two months of patience was greatly rewarded!

rebecca
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
:D Well, your patience certainly paid off.....COOL 8-)

quirky
04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
I am glad you got your wheel!

I thought I was going to have to wait forever too. I put my wheel on layaway. I had planned to have it paid off bu June 1st. But my husband (never generous with hobby funds) had a sudden change of heart and decided that we could manage to pay it off sooner. I am very glad of that!
But I think his motives were personal. He had gone looking at wheels with me and decided to try to make one. He ordered some plans but I think he really wanted to see one in action, up close and personal.
I dont mind though - I got my way after all.

rebecca
04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
:D Aren't husbands just wonderful :heart: :inlove: :heart:

brendajos
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
oooooooooh preeeeeeeeeeeetty! they really are lucky that I came to work today at all after this arrived!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/04-03-06_1203.jpg

aylaanne
04-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm so jealous, i want one of those mixers so bad. I have one on my registry.

brendajos
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
lotsa shopping on ebay! i have been obsessing about one for a long time and when my mother gave me a nice little gift outta the middle of no where and then started ENCOURAGING me to buy one how could i say no? (seriously where did this mother come from? she use to frown when i bought toilet paper! :thinking: okay that's not true but you get the idea.....is it possible she has figured out that i am 35 years old?.....prolly not... :rofling: )

rebecca
04-03-2006, 02:37 PM
:cheering: :cheering: YAY, I'm so :D happy :D that it arrived :cheering: :cheering:
Now, Bren, what's the 1st thing that you are going to create with that mixer?!.....gotta be something :drooling: yummilicious ;)

brendajos
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
banana bread!

rebecca
04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
:D Yummy.....mmmmmm :D

dustinac
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
lol I'll take some bannana bread too :blush: :rofling:

:cheering: yippppeeee you got your mixer woohoooooo!!!!! Ya decided against the pink one :( :lol:

brendajos
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
no i could not have a mixer that looks like it belongs with my easy bake oven no matter how much i like pink AND how much i like the idea of giving to breast cancer research! besides, they didn't have the pink in the super duper high powered model! ;)

rebecca
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: easy bake oven mixer....u r too funny :roflhard: :rofling:

dustinac
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I think it would have been a cute set :D

gardenmommy
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
That is one FINE lookin' mixer! I :heart: my Kitchenaid mixer too (white with a red stripe) but it's not nearly heavy-duty as that one.

brendajos
04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
actually if you look at the kitchenaid website they have a whole line of pink stuff...i could have made my whole kitchen pink......but i haven't given up the idea that i may some day be married. i would like to spring THAT level of girly on them AFTER they are legally required to come home at night!

mintdee
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

My hubby wouldn't allow that level of girly now ;)

edit:

Btw I love that mixer :cheering:

rebecca
04-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I collect fiestaware & I would be thrilled if they came out with PINK!! My sweet :inlove: Lonnie :inlove: surprised me with this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00026D0YU/102-4983336-0595367?n=598204&s=kitchen&v=glance) scarlet place setting Saturday :D

dustinac
04-03-2006, 08:39 PM
:rofling: ummm I think JD would still have trouble drinking from a pink coffee maker.... so it might be best to get it all out in the beginning :rofling:

AnreeAce
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
they really are lucky that I came to work today at all after this arrived!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You went to WORK? You didn't come down with a horribly contagious airborne illness that would have felled the entire office in 15 minutes?

Wow, you're a better peson that I am... I'd have gotten sick for certain.

Horray for you! Enjoy it. I've had mine for about 18 months now, I have no idea how I survived for so long without one!

ebrperk
04-04-2006, 07:54 AM
I have a KitchenAid mixer but not the heavy duty professional model. Hubby bought mine for me for my birthday after we moved to Sioux City. Which living there is reason enough for a gift like that. I love mine and enjoy using it when I get the chance to bake.

brendajos
04-04-2006, 08:16 AM
awwww Sioux City isn't sooooooooo bad!....lol okay it isn't great either. Ya know my mother told me there is a new yarn store in town (besides the one in Leeds)....she was suppose to go look and see if it was worthwhile but i don't think she ever did. There is conflicting information as to where it is. Someone told her it as in that new mall by Southern Hills and others have said it is downtown. (if it is downtown we will never know until she and I go shopping together.) will have to check it out sometime.

rebecca
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Ahhhhhh.....yet another reason I love the mail carrier :D well, actually love what I'm getting...not the carrier ;)
Bit of sock yarn that I got today with my Lorna's Laces from last week :D
I CAN'T help myself...I have enough sock yarn to put socks on everyone in my city :shock: , but I must buy more................One reason is this pattern (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_50440220/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx), of which I also ordered ;)

brendajos
04-05-2006, 07:08 PM
ooooooooh rebecca is that the jungle print from lorna's laces? it looks just like the stuff i bought toooooooo!

must...finish....blanket

rebecca
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
:D My Lorna's Laces is Purple Iris...yummilicious :D

aylaanne
04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
damn, you guys are making me crave sock yarn.

dustinac
04-05-2006, 09:49 PM
:happydance: ohhhh pretty I haven't ordered any of their sock yarn before... need to Miss little Roo wants socks now that I'm wearing mine... they have pretty colors for a little girl

Ingrid
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
:inlove: I love yarn! :heart:

rebecca
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
LOL, I have WAY MORE sock yarn than any of my LYS :blush: ....kind of tells the story, doesn't it?! :roflhard: :rofling: