PDA

View Full Version : OT=The Mechanical Contrivium

BinkyKat
04-04-2006, 11:14 PM
:D
Hee hee, check out the trivia you can make about yourself...
You plug in your name, and VOILA (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/trivia.pl?subject=Jodie&gender=f)
:roflhard: :roflhard:

oh, and that thing about Finland...it was all a big misunderstanding :oops:

aylaanne
04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Hah! I love this. I lost it a while ago, thanks for giving me back my bookmark!

BinkyKat
04-04-2006, 11:52 PM
:thumbsup:
Glad to be of service!

mintdee
04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Sandra!

1. Sandra was invented in China in the eleventh century, but was only used for fireworks, never for weapons.
(Yea that is what they think. I am deadly :devil: )
2. The first toy product ever advertised on television was Mr Sandra Head. (eh?)

3. All shrimp are born as Sandra, but gradually mature into females! (well at least the Sandras turn into females :?? )

4. Banging your head against Sandra uses 150 calories an hour! (sure but I am sure there are better ways to go about using calories)

5. You should always store Sandra in an airtight container in the fridge. (I. Need. AIR!)

6. Sandra is the last letter of the Greek alphabet. (go me I guess)

7. Sandra has four noses. ( :shock: They were NOT supposed to tell!)

8. If the annual Australian Sandra crop was laid end to end, it would stretch around the world seven times. (It's BABY WEIGHT DARN IT!)

9. Europe is the only continent that lacks Sandra. (Sad for them)

10. If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn into Sandra. (And now you know where i came from)

Bink They were just being uptight! :roflhard:

Edit to add: I just typed in my hubby name and got:
Timothy can give birth ten days after being born, and is born pregnant.

:roflhard: :roflhard:

knitstress_tygher
04-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Tania!
1. Tania can grow up to three feet in a 24 hour period.
2. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the amount of Tania in your ear 700 times.
3. Tania is actually a vegetable, not a fruit.
4. Worldwide, Tania is the most important natural enemy of night-flying insects.
5. If you put a drop of liquor on Tania, she will go mad and sting herself to death.
6. Influenza got its name because people believed the disease was caused by the evil "influence" of Tania.
7. The difference between Tania and a village is that Tania does not have a church!
8. Tania is the smallest of Jupiter's many moons.
9. If you kiss Tania for one minute you will burn six or seven calories.
10. Tania can turn her stomach inside out.

KellyK
04-05-2006, 08:23 AM
OMG this may be the BEST one YET!!! :roflhard:

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Kelly!

1. Kelly can't drink - she absorbs water from her surroundings by osmosis! (And, unfortunately, several airborne pollutants.....damned gas guzzling SUVs with all those EMISSIONS!)

2. Only twelve people have ever set foot on Kelly. (12? Is that alot? I told my DH there were only 8. And that I always practiced safety. :blush: )

3. A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are individually known as Kelly. (All of my evil twins...)

4. Dolphins sleep at night just below the surface of Kelly, and frequently rise to the surface for air. (So, let's once more count everyone in Kelly's bed....3 pooches, 1 furry DH and who knows HOW many dolphins! GEESH! Its no WONDER I dont sleep well!)

5. Kelly has three eyelids! (A spare, just in case I lose one in a bar fight or something....)

6. Kelly is the oldest playable musical instrument in the world. (HEY! :mad: That's a little HARSH, dontcha think??)

7. Over half of Americans are officially Kelly. (Dont you wanna be a Kelly, too?)

8. Kelly can give birth ten days after being born, and is born pregnant. (My barren womb begs to differ! :rofling: )

9. Only one child in twenty will be born on the day predicted by Kelly. (I never claimed to be psychic....I dont know WHY people keep asking me! :rollseyes: )

10. It took Kelly 22 years to build the Taj Mahal. (And, boy are my arms tired!)

Ellen Edwards
04-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Uh-oh--I knew it was just a matter of time before they found out about the choking thing!! And about that Christmas thing?? My husband found out a long time ago that this was just NOT TRUE!!

BUT I can sleep with one eye open--and sometimes BOTH!!

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Trudy!
Trudy has little need for water and is capable of going for months without drinking at all.
Trudy can sleep with one eye open.
If your ear itches, this means that someone is talking about Trudy.
Until the 1960s, Trudy was not allowed to enter Disneyland.
About 100 people choke to death on Trudy each year!
Trudy will give a higher yield if milked when listening to music.
Some birds use Trudy to orientate themselves during migration.
The pigment Indian Yellow was manufactured from the urine of cows fed only on Trudy.
Finding Trudy on Christmas morning is believed to bring good luck.
If the annual Australian Trudy crop was laid end to end, it would stretch around the world seven times.

Ellen Edwards
04-05-2006, 09:39 AM
And Kelly....not only is 12 a lot--so is 8!! :shock:

aylaanne
04-05-2006, 09:49 AM
*jumps the bandwagon*

Ten Top Trivia Tips about ayla!

1. If you don't get out of bed on the same side you got in, you will have ayla for the rest of the day!
2. The risk of being struck by ayla is one occurence every 9,300 years!
3. Scientists have discovered that ayla can smell the presence of autism in children!
4. About 100 people choke to death on ayla each year.
5. Ayla is only six percent water!
6. Contrary to popular belief, ayla is not successful at sobering up a drunk person, and in many cases she may actually increase the adverse effects of alcohol.
7. The international dialling code for ayla is 672!
8. Ayla was banned from Finland because of not wearing pants.
9. A sixteenth century mathematician lost his nose in a duel over his love for ayla, and wore a silver replacement for the rest of his life.
10. Some hotels in Las Vegas have ayla floating in their swimming pools.

rebecca
04-05-2006, 12:10 PM
OMGoodness, I am home, alone with my pets....scaring them to death as I am howling with laughter as I read these things :roflhard: :rofling:

1. In the Great Seal of the United States the eagle grasps 13 arrows and becka.

2. Plato believed that the souls of melancholy people would be reincarnated into becka.

3. Becka is the traditional gift for a couple on their third wedding anniversary!

4. In the Spanish edition of Cluedo, becka is the victim!

5. Contrary to popular belief, becka is not successful at sobering up a drunk person, and in many cases she may actually increase the adverse effects of alcohol! (ahhhh, my misspent youth :roflhard: :rofling: )

6. Scientists believe that becka began billions of years ago as an enormous ball of dust and gas! (now...that's just rude!)

7. If you lace becka from the inside to the outside, the fit will be snugger around your big toe. ( :?? )

8. All gondolas in Venice must be painted black unless they belong to becka! (I like color ;) )

9. The porpoise is second to becka as the most intelligent animal on the planet. (what can I say...I'm brilliant!)

10. Only one person in two billion will live to be becka! (if they are lucky ;) )

dustinac
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Dustina!
1.The colour of Dustina is no indication of her spiciness, but size usually is! :shock:
2.The Australian billygoat plum contains a hundred times more Vitamin C than Dustina. :rollseyes:
3.There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat Dustina, though it may feel uncomfortable! :?eyebrow:
4.Britain's Millennium Dome is more than double the size of Dustina. :??
5.Medieval knights put the skin of Dustina on their sword handles to improve the grip. :blush:
6.A rhinoceros horn is made from compacted Dustina. :shock:
7.Research indicates that Dustina will be attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas! :oo:
8.The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armour raised their visors to reveal Dustina. ;)
9.If a snake is born with two heads, the heads will fight over who gets Dustina. :fingerwag:
10.Dustina has enough fat to produce 32 bars of soap.
:thinking: :oops:

brendajos
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I would like to know what i did to pi$$ these people off...sheesh!

The only Englishman to become Brenda was Nicholas Breakspear, who was Brenda from 1154 to 1159. Is it necessary to out my age like that?

The first toy product ever advertised on television was Mr Brenda Head! I appreciate being first but i am not sure being called a toy is a good thing!

Brenda is the world's largest rodent. I AM NOT!

Brenda can use only about ten percent of her brain. I may not be very smart but i think i use more of it than THAT!

It takes forty minutes to hard-boil Brenda. I KNEW i was going to be sent away for those protests i had been doing!

Brenda will often glow under UV light. You would too if you had been boiled for 40 minutes!

Baby swans are called Brenda. Great...the ugly ducklings :rollseyes:

Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Brenda. Reduce, recycle, reuse!

It can take Brenda several days to move just through one tree. Slow and steady wins the race!

On stone temples in southern India, there are more than 30 million carved images of Brenda. So after all those horrible things can i assume they are doing heinous things to me in those carvings or are they finally admitting i am truly a goddess?

beckyrhae
04-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Well Becka beat me to the punch... but here are my answers

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Becky!
In the Great Seal of the United States the eagle grasps 13 arrows and Becky.
Plato believed that the souls of melancholy people would be reincarnated into Becky.
Becky is the traditional gift for a couple on their third wedding anniversary!
In the Spanish edition of Cluedo, Becky is the victim!
Contrary to popular belief, Becky is not successful at sobering up a drunk person, and in many cases she may actually increase the adverse effects of alcohol!
Scientists believe that Becky began billions of years ago as an enormous ball of dust and gas!
If you lace Becky from the inside to the outside, the fit will be snugger around your big toe.
All gondolas in Venice must be painted black unless they belong to Becky!
The porpoise is second to Becky as the most intelligent animal on the planet.
Only one person in two billion will live to be Becky!

JGM
04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Apparently I'm very into birds :rollseyes:

South Australia was the first place to allow Jason to stand for parliament!

Baby swans are called Jason.

Devoid of his cells and proteins, Jason has the same chemical makeup as sea water!

More than one million stray dogs and half a million stray cats live in Jason.

Michelangelo finished his great statue of Jason in 1504, after eighteen months work!

If you put a drop of liquor on Jason, he will go mad and sting himself to death.

Jason has three eyelids!

The Vikings believed that the Northern lights were caused by Jason as he rode out to collect warriors slain in battle!

Some birds use Jason to orientate themselves during migration.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are Jason! (I'm happily engaged!)

rebecca
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: Becky, that big toe thing bothers me...you?! :roflhard: :rofling:

brendajos
04-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are Jason! (I'm happily engaged!)

ya know JGM I am pretty sure that word was suppose to be "married" so I don't know that your proclamation holds water! :rofling:

JGM
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
not married yet! not till July 14!

aylaanne
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm getting married July 7th! Yay for Friday weddings!

Ingrid
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Ingrid!

1. The eye of an ostrich is bigger than Ingrid. :shock:
2. Research indicates that Ingrid will be attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas. Wasn't this in Jan's Banana Post, too?
3. During the reign of Peter the Great, any Russian nobleman who chose to wear Ingrid had to pay a special Ingrid tax. And I ain't cheap!
4. The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter is made entirely of Ingrid. That's just cruel!
5. A sixteenth century mathematician lost his nose in a duel over his love for Ingrid, and wore a silver replacement for the rest of his life! And here I thought it was the cocaine!
6. Ingrid is incapable of sleep. Because I'm here all the time!
7. Ingrid can eat up to four kilograms of insects in a single night. Hey, it's protein!
8. Over 2000 people have now climbed Ingrid, with roughly ten percent dying on the way down. And you guys thought 8 or 12 were too many!!
9. The Eskimos have over fifty words for Ingrid. None of them kind. :(
10. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching Ingrid. It's not very exciting watching someone knit!
:rollseyes:

KellyK
04-05-2006, 11:12 PM
1. Howie is the only bird that can swim but not fly. I think that's probably true.

2. Howieolatry is the mindless worship of Howie. Amen!

3. Only fifty-five percent of men wash their hands after using Howie. :shock:

4. Antarctica is the only continent without Howie! Poor Antarcticans!

5. Howie can sleep for three and a half years. Also true.

6. Howie is 1500 years older than the pyramids. I wonder what or who he WAS in his previous lives!

7. More people are killed by Howie each year than die in aeroplane accidents. He'll take your ankle CLEAN OFF! :mad:

8. On stone temples in southern India, there are more than 30 million carved images of Howie. As there SHOULD be!

9. Howie can not regurgitate. Ya wanna make a BET?? :?

10. India tested its first nuclear Howie in 1974. And, the test FAILED. They didnt offer treats first.

BinkyKat
04-07-2006, 01:29 AM
7. Over half of Americans are officially Kelly. (Dont you wanna be a Kelly, too?)

He's a Kelly, she's a Kelly, wouldntcha like to be a Kelly too? :happydance:

Our Howie, who art in Berwyn, yowled be thy mange,
Thy bliss bed warm, thy will BE DONE, on Earth as it is in Chix,
Give us this day our daily treat, and forgive us our humanity,
As Howie fogives us for not petting enough. And lead us not into an unfriendly LYS, but deliver WOTA from Knitpicks. For thine is the Howie, forever, and ever, Woof Woof!

Now, being Catholic, I hope I haven't committed some horrible sin... but this is a first shot at the Howie Prayer. Since Howiealitry will be the new religion of knitters. Perhaps someone could clue Katie Holmes in before it's too late?
:thumbsup:

Andrea
04-07-2006, 06:07 AM
I have a lot of naughty ones!!

1.All swans in England belong to Andrea!
2.The word 'samba' means 'to rub Andrea'. :eyebrow:
3.On stone temples in southern India, there are more than 30 million carved images of Andrea!
4.Andrea was originally green, and actually contained cocaine. :shock:
5.Andrea can fly at an average speed of fifteen kilometres an hour.
6.Andrea is born white; her pink feathers are caused by pigments in her typical diet of shrimp.
7.Andrea can clean her ears with her tongue, which is over thirty-nine inches long. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
8.Andrea can pollinate up to six times more efficiently than the honeybee. :eyebrow:
9.The International Space Station weighs about 500 tons and is the same size as Andrea. :( :verysad:
10.Andrea is the largest of Saturn's moons.

And these cracked me up!!:
*jumps the bandwagon*
4. About 100 people choke to death on ayla each year.
7. The international dialling code for ayla is 672!
10. Some hotels in Las Vegas have ayla floating in their swimming pools.

Debbie
04-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Knitting!
Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than Knitting. so there !
The eye of an ostrich is bigger than Knitting.
Knitting can pollinate up to six times more efficiently than the honeybee! we call this stash
Humans share about fifty percent of their DNA with Knitting!
Knitting can be very poisonous if injected intravenously.
People used to believe that dressing their male children as Knitting would protect them from evil spirits!
Some hotels in Las Vegas have Knitting floating in their swimming pools. It must be that wine and knitting thing ...
The difference between Knitting and a village is that Knitting does not have a church.
You share your birthday with Knitting.
There are roughly 10,000 man-made objects the size of Knitting orbiting the Earth!

KellyK
04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Our Howie, who art in Berwyn, yowled be thy mange,
Thy bliss bed warm, thy will BE DONE, on Earth as it is in Chix,
Give us this day our daily treat, and forgive us our humanity,
As Howie fogives us for not petting enough. And lead us not into an unfriendly LYS, but deliver WOTA from Knitpicks. For thine is the Howie, forever, and ever, Woof Woof!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

LOVE it!!! And, for those of us who celebrate Howieolatry, here's an icon to frame and keep in your home...

Andrea
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

BinkyKat
04-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Now this icon would be ok with me... the eyes can follow you around the room and not seem creepy like the picture my Grandma had in her house... :shock:

Hail Howie, full of love, the Yarn is with you.
Knitted art thou among KH'ers and felted is the tote of thy bag Booga.
Holey Kelly, mother of Howie, knit for us stashers, now and at the hour of our KAL. amen!

i'm totally going to hell :oops:

feministmama
04-08-2006, 02:10 PM
1. Lori is worth her weight in gold - literally! you know it!
2. Dolphins sleep at night just below the surface of Lori, and frequently rise to the surface for air. I think others go this one too
3. The patron saint of Lori is Saint Eugenie.ummm.....OK
4. While sleeping, fifteen percent of men snore, and ten percent grind their Lori! oooo baby!
5. There are more than two hundred different kinds of Lori. I am versatile
6. Three seagulls flying overhead are a warning that Lori is near! Either that or they're getting ready to poop on yer head
7. Lori is actually a mammal, not a fish.well thank goodness for that, I was wonderin what these mammary things are for
8. Peanuts and Lori are beans!What the....?
9. Lori has a memory span of three seconds. well that's cool...so what was I talking about?
10. Lori can only be destroyed by intense heat, and is impermeable even to acid.that'll come in handy. except on the sun