PDA

View Full Version : glove help/ideas...

Cristy
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
dh doesn't want much...he's the kind of guy who never buys anything and never asks for anything...

I am always looking for creative things for him...he jokingly made a suggestion that I think is pretty good but I'll need the help of you guys to figure it out...he suggested that I make him a pair of "drawing gloves" (he's a sketch artist). Basically, it'd be gloves where the thumb, pointer and middle fingers are "fingerless"...there would be fingers for the ring and pinky fingers. He said that the oils in your skin make pencil smudge really bad and such a glove would keep things from smudging so much (in theory..). I'd like to test his theory and his birthday is mid-July. Anyone know how I could figure out such a pattern? I've never made gloves before...and I've never altered a pattern. Is it hopeless? Anyone have a suggestion on how to do this??? I'd want something in a light weight yarn so his hands don't get sweaty or hot...

I'm not sure he'd actually use them but it might be a fun thing to try...

aylaanne
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTcigar.html

Try that.

Cristy
04-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Well holy crap! :) Thanks for the link...I can't believe I've never noticed that pattern before....

aylaanne
04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
enh, don't beat yourself up over it. I spent an afternoon doing nothing but exploring every pattern knitty had published on their website. I remember those gloves because I thought about making them for myself, then I remembered I had quit smoking a couple of years ago and so I scrapped the idea. :lol:

Cristy
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
well congrats on quitting smoking!! I smoked for about 5 years and then quite to have my dd--I don't think I've ever made a better decision!

Thanks again for the pattern--I'm already shopping for the yarn!