PDA

View Full Version : shrug for a baby boy...ok?

hedgewick
04-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone things a shrug would be appropriate for a baby boy? I was thinking of making a sweater for a friend's baby but it would be my first time doing one so I don't want to make him my test subject. I thought this pattern (without the collar) would be cute and easy but am not sure if it is too "girly". What do you all think? If not, I may make one for myself (or maybe I'll make one for me anyway)!

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3478784,00.html

candicane
04-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I think it would be too girly. Also, I doubt that a baby would keep a shrug on, he'll wiggle right out. There is a a sweater pattern in the free pattern section that looks pretty easy and is knit in one piece.

Candice

hedgewick
04-07-2006, 09:40 AM
that's what I was afraid of. Oh well. So much for the baby... at least I know I won't wiggle out of it! And I am, after all, a girl so a shrug may be just what I need. ;)

koolbreeze
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
here is the first baby sweater i did and it was for my cousin and it turned out great!!! very easy to do. 5 hour sweater (http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html)

Jan in CA
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree a shrug would be too girly. Go for the little sweater. ;)

CateKnits
04-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I agree that it would difficult to keep ON the baby, but I don't think it's too girly...I mean, does the baby really care or know the difference? :shock: He knows whether it's soft and warm, but not really whether it's something girls wear.

rebecca
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm lovin' the thought of the 5 hour sweater! I need to find a baby to knit one for ;) LOL....when I finish these gazillion projects that I already have lined up :roflhard: :rofling:

Jan in CA
04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree that it would difficult to keep ON the baby, but I don't think it's too girly...I mean, does the baby really care or know the difference? :shock: He knows whether it's soft and warm, but not really whether it's something girls wear.

The baby wouldn't care, but it screams girly to me. :lol: