PDA

View Full Version : Stitches Expo 2006 (Midwest)

Holly
04-11-2006, 11:33 AM
I just got my flyer for Stitches Midwest - Aug 10-13 in Rosemont, IL. Has anyone ever attended any of these classes or the expo? It looks awesome! I think the website for info is: knittinguniverse.com

brendajos
04-11-2006, 11:38 AM
i got mine yesterday too and i don't think i can goooooooo! :verysad: I have convention the following weekend and i think i will have to be there all weekend long. not sure i can do both weekends and i really have to go to the convention or i will be sorta outta the water for the 2008 election cycle...*sniff* but the stitches event will be so much more fun!!!!!

whine whine whine....

Vendie
04-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I know! I was so excited about going, but I'll already have moved to Virginia by then. So I'll spend that weekend pouting..Well, maybe not the entire time, that's just before my anniversary. :eyebrow:

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 12:18 PM
If you hadn't added that last part, Vendie, I was going to say we could maybe try to plan a KHer get together that weekend, since I know I've got no chance of getting all the way out there for a weekend. :P

Holly
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
:XX: Here is a link to the class schedule: http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/ClassSchedule.php?EventID=27

Vendie -- where is VA are you moving? I have relatives in VA (Dale City) and surrounding areas, and I also have relatives in West VA. I've not been online much lately, so I've missed your posts about moving -- please fill me in on your details!

Brendajos - Bummer! As I'll just be getting back from a 2 week vacation, it will be hard to ask for another day off, but...:-D I'd love to stay in a hotel and do a couple of days of classes and shopping, but that would be a pretty big expenditure following vacation :-(. I'm attempting to strong arm my SIL to attend with me :-)

Andrea
04-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I went to the Market only last year. No classes. I think I will do a class or two this year though (I was brand spankin new at knitting last time around and I was overwhelmed).

Got the brochure today and I will be perusing at work tonight :thumbsup: Did you see Sally Melville's going to be there?!?! :cheering:

kemp
04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I got the flyer too...I've never been, but I'm thinking about going this summer.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
yay kempy!!!

I'm definitly going this year! What classes are you interested in Holly?

silveridger
04-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I absolutely love classes, but Ohio is just too far away for me :( . I may be able to swing CA in February, though. And is that our own Joan (Schroader) who's one of the instructors?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2006, 08:09 PM
But it's not in ohio it's in illinois!!

Vendie
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
If you hadn't added that last part, Vendie, I was going to say we could maybe try to plan a KHer get together that weekend, since I know I've got no chance of getting all the way out there for a weekend. :P

Well we should at least plan a KHer get together at some point this summer.

Oh and Cate - you'll be in school, but Stitches East will be in Baltimore in November!!! I think you should skip class and go with me!

Holly - I took a new job (same company, so it's really like a transfer) in Manassas, VA, near DC. I'll be moving out there late May/early June. Very exciting!

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Depending on when in November, I could do it. Heck, I take weekend trips home to Annapolis all the time anyway. Baltimore is a whole half hour closer. :roflhard: Do you know how far from DC Manassas is, Vendie? You might be even closer than I thought.
I suppose I could use the internets and go look it up. Lazy, lazy Cate.

brendajos
04-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Depending on when in November, I could do it. Heck, I take weekend trips home to Annapolis all the time anyway. Baltimore is a whole half hour closer. :roflhard: Do you know how far from DC Manassas is, Vendie? You might be even closer than I thought.
I suppose I could use the internets and go look it up. Lazy, lazy Cate.

:rofling: :rofling: she said "internets" :rofling: :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
:??

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I frequently say internets. Occasionally, I say intarwebs. I thought that one might be a little too much for you guys. It's funny when I actually SAY internets, though. People look at me funny, but don't say anything, like they're not sure if they heard me correctly. :rofling:

brendajos
04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
THIS is why i giggled...

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2006, 09:11 PM
oooo I thought it was a bushism!

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Err, I didn't get it from that. I got it from scary intarweb subculture.

Vendie
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Manassas is about 45 minutes (in light traffice) from DC, I think? I'm not completely sure, I haven't made the trip yet.

Stitches East is from Nov 2-5th. Oooh, Cate, go with me go with me!!! Kaffe Fassett's going to be there!!

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Finals are two weeks after that (I think), so that's not cramming time...Sure, I'll go! And I mapquested...the distance between Annapolis and Manassas is ~70 miles or an hour and 25 minutes.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2006, 10:04 PM
70 miles = an hour and 25 minutes????? How old are you???????

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Umm...that's what mapquest said. :??

brendajos
04-11-2006, 10:59 PM
:roflhard: bratty Hildi! Is there a big city or a ginormous mountain that will get in your way of getting there in an hour or so....or do you drive at something remotely resembling 55-60ish?

CateKnits
04-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, DC IS between here and there.

brendajos
04-11-2006, 11:09 PM
well see there Hildi....that explains why it takes so long to drive 70 miles! ;)

silveridger
04-12-2006, 01:13 AM
But it's not in ohio it's in illinois!!

oops! :oops: Still too far! Anything east of Denver is the midwest or the east coast to me :rofling: . But I'm keeping my eyes peeled for CA.

Andrea
04-13-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm signing up for an 6 hour class...it's "Finishing-The Grand Finale" class #215-6. It's on Saturday. According to a member of my guild, it's an AWESOME class and you could consider yourself a "pro" afterwards!