PDA

View Full Version : The Great Yarn Swap!~~ NEW MESSAGE PAGE 100!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Angelia
05-07-2006, 09:58 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

The picking is going to be really tough! VERY fun, though! :happydance: I just know I won't make it out of the LYS without something for ME, too, every month...but, but that's okay, right? :pray:

Oh, and nice save, Debbie! :rofling:

mks22300
05-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Yay! I got an email, I know who my secret pal is! All right, now to figure out what to buy :thinking: !

Angelia
05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
:verysad:

I don't have an email yet...

gimmesanity
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't have an email, either. :(

brendajos
05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
you are just the most impatient group of people i have ever seen....lol!

Okay...the following people should have gotten an e-mail with the name of the person they are giving to. Please check to make sure i didn't give you your own name because i am more than a little scatter-brained tonight. Please make sure you get in contact with the person you have so they know someone has their name! Also, if the person who has you doesn't get in touch please e-mail us and let us know! (DO NOT POST IT HERE PLEASE!)

Sandra is sending out the other names as soon as she gets her little ones off to bed! ;)

Alicia
Amy
Andee
Andrea
Brenda
Danielle B
Danielle W.
Dee Dee
Janin
Jessica
Kelly
Kristen
Kristin
Laura
Lisa
Lisa M.
Marceline
Marisa
Rebecca
Sandra
Sandy
Sara
Sara
Sharon
Shelley
Steph
Tammy
Trisha

Did I forget anything here? oooooh yeah! Please make sure you check the e-mail that you SENT us your information FROM because that is what we replied to with your name!

Angelia
05-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I think my name is the only one not on that list! :mad:

:rofling: :rofling:

brendajos
05-07-2006, 10:41 PM
OOOOH! We did the best we could to check for pet and smoke allergies but we may have missed some. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you check to see that the person you have isn't allergic to something obvious in your house.

Also! If you have someone who lives overseas (and yes that includes Canada! :thumbsup: ) check to make sure you know how to address their packages to avoid shipping delays. If you aren't sure ask them

AND if you have questions you would like us to ask your secret person but don't want them to know who is asking...let us know and we will do that for you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

brendajos
05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I think my name is the only one not on that list! :mad:

:rofling: :rofling:

lol you and 20 others!

Angelia
05-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I was just teasing ;)

Thanks for all your hard work Brenda and Sandra!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Danielle
05-07-2006, 11:01 PM
:happydance: I got my e-mail!! I can't wait to go pick out some yarn!!

Should we put return addresses on the packages, or will our location reveal our identity? Just a thought. But I'd hate for the pkg to get lost w/no return address.... :??

THANK YOU to Brenda & Sandra for organizing this!! :cheering:

brendajos
05-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I generally put my mother's address on it OR the address of the person that i am sending to. :thumbsup:

I have also put completely fake addresses as well and have not have trouble but if it does get lost, there is no place for it to come back to.

gardenmommy
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
I've driven across state lines to mail packages for Secret Santa things I've done in the past to get a postmark to throw off the recipient. ;)

OK, because I am a total doofus and didn't even check the KAL forum (for fear of getting sucked into one) this whole time and missed 11 pages of anxiety, I have a few questions:

1. Does the individual skein have to be worth our bracket, or just the total worth of the yarn (i.e. 2 skeins of $10 yarn if you are in the $20 bracket?)

2. What is the deadline to get said yarn sent? Is it a particular day of May, June, and July (we are doing this for three months, right?)?

3. Do we get a different person each month?

brendajos
05-07-2006, 11:29 PM
I've driven across state lines to mail packages for Secret Santa things I've done in the past to get a postmark to throw off the recipient. ;)

OK, because I am a total doofus and didn't even check the KAL forum (for fear of getting sucked into one) this whole time and missed 11 pages of anxiety, I have a few questions:

1. Does the individual skein have to be worth our bracket, or just the total worth of the yarn (i.e. 2 skeins of $10 yarn if you are in the $20 bracket?)

2. What is the deadline to get said yarn sent? Is it a particular day of May, June, and July (we are doing this for three months, right?)?

3. Do we get a different person each month?

1. Total worth.
2. 17th of both months
3. Same person the whole time!

mintdee
05-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't think that I could handle doing that again. I kept stressing that I was sending to the wrong person :shock: :roflhard:

Anyway! Everyone else should have their swap partners information. Just read what Bren said about the swap in the above posts and pretend like I said it. ;)

Have fun and let us know if you have any problems, that is what we are here for :thumbsup: Now as a special treat to all of you here is a pic of Bren and I after we finished sorting everybodies names.

brendajos
05-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't think that I could handle doing that again. I kept stressing that I was sending to the wrong person :shock: :roflhard:

:rofling: I am glad you felt it too because I kept freaking out and having to go see who the last person I sent to was, and I am still not entirely certain that I didn't assign people to give to themselves! ;)

mintdee
05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Time to check your email!!! :happydance:

Angelia
05-07-2006, 11:59 PM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

And better yet, time to go yarn shopping!!!

Angelia
05-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Wait, the 17th of both months you say, Brenda--is that just this month and the next (June) or does this extend to July as well?

brendajos
05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
okay chick-a-dees....go back and read the very first post! :P

we don't officially start sending out yarn until June. What you do in May is your own decision! :rofling:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
OH!!

Well, I don't think I'm alone in saying this: I'm not so sure I can wait until June. That's not going to be a problem, is it? :??

brendajos
05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
lol like i said, that is your decision. Just know that you may not get something from the person who has your name until June! ;)

javede
05-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I can go yarn shopping without feeling guilty :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

goes post stalking her pal

KellyK
05-08-2006, 07:47 AM
GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :cheering: I got my message and I understand all instructions clearly! :thumbsup:

THanks SO much, Bren & Sandy! :heart:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Wow...does this quiet mean that you all got burned out in the waiting frenzy or are you out shopping? :??

dustinac
05-08-2006, 11:29 AM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: wohooooo got my name and after I don't know how many e-mails to myself I think I now have my name hidden LOL :happydance: :cheering:

photogirl72
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yay!!! I got my email!!!!! I can't wait to go shopping for my secret pal. Yay!!!!! I'm so excited I can't stand myself. :rofling:

mulene
05-08-2006, 11:35 AM
haha I've been dancing round the office.. well half hobbling and doing this :happydance: with my hands as I go! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: super excited.. got my mail and sent my mail too ;)

Can't wait to get to the yarn store =D

Angelia
05-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I haven't received an email from my giver-person yet, though I've sent one to my receiver person. (I hope that made sense to someone. :rollseyes: ) It's still early days yet, but hopefully I'll get a note soon!!

mulene
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Aww angelia - it is still early =D I was just super excited and checking my email "send and receive" button every 2 seconds :roflhard:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 12:03 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Me too! :shifty:

I'm excited to be getting yarn, of course, but really, I'm almost more excited about shopping for someone else! And I don't think it's ONLY because I love shopping for yarn...though that's part of it... :oops:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 12:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I've gotten my email from my "giver person" & I'm very excited!!! This is going to be SUCH FUN :thumbsup:

shellebelle216
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I am at work and can't check my home email:(

rebecca
05-08-2006, 12:21 PM
:D :cheering: :happydance: YIPPEE KIYAY :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: I got my name, I got my name...it's gonna be such fun, fun :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
Thanks so very, very, very much Bren & Sandra...ya'll are just too sweet for doing this ;)

Friskums
05-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I haven't recieved any emails at all. I didn't know there was a confirmation email to start.
I'm hoping my email was listed right and/or nothing is being blocked. I don't have anything set up for filters or blocking, and I keep checking my junkmail folder. Still haven't seen anything though. :thinking:

sara_jayne
05-08-2006, 12:33 PM
There was some mention that some people did have problems receiving e-mails at first.

The e-mail address the information was sent from came from: khyarnswap@yahoo.com

I did get a "warning" attached to messages from this e-mail address. But I was able to open it with no problems.

Frisky - you may want to contact Brenda or Min to see what is going on - they said they had sent all the e-mails last night. Hopefully you'll get it soon!

Friskums
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Frisky - you may want to contact Brenda or Min to see what is going on - they said they had sent all the e-mails last night. Hopefully you'll get it soon!

Oh, eeek. I didn't know they were all sent out already. You're right, I better email them.
Thanks.

mulene
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi frisky! You do appear to be on the list over on page 7 of this thread. You probably didn't get the confirmation email (there were some issues apparently) but it looks like your name was down so you are in the swap pool.

I guess some people were really fast to send off their swap email making everyone else worry / be jealous :rofling: Don't worry I'm sure the KHYarnswap mail will arrive soon - if not drop them a line and see whats going on. I think they said all mails will be out by 11th - so theres still a few days left for them to go through the whole list - its a big list!

Edit: Oops didnt see they had sent all the mails out last night!

brendajos
05-08-2006, 12:37 PM
everybody should have had their name by now. Friskie I just sent you a PM with the info. Check the e-mail addresses you gave us to make sure they are correct.

Angelia
05-08-2006, 12:39 PM
We're all so impatient that it's just funny! "What? 12 hours and still no email? What is wrong!" :rofling:

oh, maybe not to Bren and Sandra... :shifty:

mulene
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
We're all so impatient that it's just funny! "What? 12 hours and still no email? What is wrong!" :rofling:

oh, maybe not to Bren and Sandra... :shifty:

ROFL!!!! So true! :thumbsup:

Friskums
05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not being impatient! Honest!

...I just wanna make sure I'm in on it. ;)

And I got your PM Bren. Thanks for such a nice, quick response. Sorry again to be a bother.

brendajos
05-08-2006, 12:57 PM
ahem.....goofs!

If you want to make sure you stay a secret make sure you e-mail from your secret e-mail address and that your NAME isn't listed as the display name! :rofling:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 12:57 PM
ahem.....goofs!

If you want to make sure you stay a secret make sure you e-mail from your secret e-mail address and that your NAME isn't listed as the display name! :rofling:

photogirl72
05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
ahem.....goofs!

Oh man, you scared me so bad I had to go and send myself an email from my anon account to make sure it really was anonymous. :roflhard:

shellebelle216
05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Am I supposed to email the person I am sending yarn to?

rebecca
05-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I so hope I didn't include my name :roflhard: :rofling: I did the same thing dusti did...emailed myself 1st ;)

brendajos
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
yup...that way they know someone has their name...besides, who doesn't like toying with someone they are sending presents too! ;)

Cristy
05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I've been toying w/ my person...I love it.

mulene
05-08-2006, 01:25 PM
ahem.....goofs!

Uh oh now you got me worried..

Angelia
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes--be worried! Check very carefully by going into your profile and turning off your signature if you have one.

No one is toying with me. Oh, maybe by not contacting me, that IS toying! Mean, but toying!

Pixywhispers
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I've never done a secret pal thing before. Is there a top ten of etiquette? I wanna be a really good secret friend. (I feel like a little kid).

kemp
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't know if there is a top 10 etiquette, but I can tell you what I got the most complaints about when I was a hostess for secret pal 7:

1. Not enough contact. Different people expect different amounts which can be frustrating. Try to at least meet the minimum if there is one set and more contact if possible.

2. Ignoring preferences. Even though you shouldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" some people got upset when their pal sent yarn they had specifically said they dislike or didn't want.

3. It's hard to make sure, but we had some people send out what they thought was an anonymous email only to find out they had actually input their name at setup. Most accounts will let you change this...if a name is required, we suggested they use "secret pal" or "jane doe".

That's about it. I seriously doubt there will be any trouble here since everyone kind of "knows" each other. The secret pal 7 thing had signups from all over the place...not a single forum or organization.

HollyP
05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh no I didn't check before I sent my email. Hopefully my swap pal didn't get an email with my name in it! I am soo sorry if you did!!

I have trip planned to my Lys now that I know what to look for. :happydance: I am going to have a hard time waiting until June to send it out. I am like that with gifts. Once I buy it I want the recipeint to have as soon as possible so they can start enjoying it! Birthdays and Christmas are so hard for me!!

Now that we have the names I keep thinking is it June yet??? I thought knitting was supposed to increase our patience. :lol:

carollovesyarn
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Yes--be worried! Check very carefully by going into your profile and turning off your signature if you have one.

No one is toying with me. Oh, maybe by not contacting me, that IS toying! Mean, but toying!Yeah, I haven't been toyed with yet either! Where's the smilie for pouting?

I've toyed with my partner a little bit with more to come. Hopefully my pal won't mind. :cheering:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I've been toyed with!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Danielle
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
:cheering: I got my e-mail from my secret pal!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
This is what I get for e-mailing while stupid ladies! :doh: I have been informed that one of our lucky swappers has two people who are eagerly waiting to go shopping for them! I have the list of who is giving to whom at home and once I get there, I will straighten my mess out. Unfortunately, this means that some of you may end up with someone different than who you originally had. I do apologize for that and I will try my very very best to make sure that I don't do it again! This could explain why I have been nauseated for the last 24 hours I suppose. My body was telling me that I dropped my brain and forgot to have more than one person sending to MEEEEE! :rofling:

Just in case you are wondering, an e-mail went out to the group that I know is effected by this so if you didn't get it, as far as I know you are good but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...if you haven't already done so, e-mail your swap partner so that we can find out if this happened again...I was perdy dumb by the time i got home last night...lol

Thank you very much for your patience with my ineptitude!! :oops:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
This is what I get for e-mailing while stupid ladies! :doh: I have been informed that one of our lucky swappers has two people who are eagerly waiting to go shopping for them! I have the list of who is giving to whom at home and once I get there, I will straighten my mess out. Unfortunately, this means that some of you may end up with someone different than who you originally had. I do apologize for that and I will try my very very best to make sure that I don't do it again! This could explain why I have been nauseated for the last 24 hours I suppose. My body was telling me that I dropped my brain and forgot to have more than one person sending to MEEEEE! :rofling:

Just in case you are wondering, an e-mail went out to the group that I know is effected by this so if you didn't get it, as far as I know you are good but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...if you haven't already done so, e-mail your swap partner so that we can find out if this happened again...I was perdy dumb by the time i got home last night...lol

Thank you very much for your patience with my ineptitude!! :oops:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Child, don't be talking about your ineptitude :fingerwag: You are doing a great thing & so what if there's a booboo?! Give yourself a big pat on the back...for u & Sandra :D Ya'll ROCK :cheering: :happydance:

Friskums
05-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I concur!

Pixywhispers
05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh Brenda, don't beat yourself up about this. And goodness, don't get sick over it. This is a big job! And we are grateful for all your work. (There is no way I could do it, I'm not quite organized enough yet.)

Don't sweat the small stuff. :) You can iron it out (how many more cliches can I use?)

brendajos
05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
lol so it was self deprecating enough to earn forgiveness? ;)

kristinw
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
oh poopie! I was sure my name wasn't listed on that email account but it was! :crying: :crying: But the email address isn't the one I have listed here. I feel so STUPID! :oops:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Okay .....lol...I THINK i got it right this time. :shock:

brendajos
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Okay .....lol...I THINK i got it right this time. :shock:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
oh poopie! I was sure my name wasn't listed on that email account but it was! :crying: :crying: But the email address isn't the one I have listed here. I feel so STUPID! :oops:

Honey, don't worry!! The exact same thing happend to me--you are not alone! :heart: :heart: I got so excited about emailing my giftee that I lost all sense and forgot to double-check some things about my email. :rollseyes: At least our recipients won't know what's in the boxes, and at least we don't have to drive to another state to mail the packages 'anonymously'! :rofling: :rofling:

KellyK
05-09-2006, 12:00 AM
I havent got an email from my secret pal yet... :verysad:

I NEED LOTS OF ATTENTION!!! :shifty:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 12:05 AM

Friskums
05-09-2006, 12:15 AM
And if you're lucky they're like me who hasn't been around long enough to know the real names of people here anyway.
I think my sender had her real name in the email she sent me, but I don't know who that correlates to in sign-on names. Her secret is safe with me! :lol:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 12:18 AM
:thumbsup:

mintdee
05-09-2006, 12:29 AM
:roflhard: I feel ya KK I haven't either we will just have to comfort each other for now :D

(Bren if I double wrote names down I am really sorry :hiding: ...I only say that because I somehow did that on the group that I had, thankfully caught it before I sent it though :oops: )

brendajos
05-09-2006, 12:37 AM
lol no you didn't. It comes from the fact that in this swap we had 3 Lisa's, 2 Danielle's, 2 Kristen's (albiet with different spellings of course...lol), a Marceline, a Marisa, and a very sleepy Brenda! :oops:

(Not to mention a Sandy and a Sandra!)

buuuuuuuut i THINK i got it this time! :shock:

mintdee
05-09-2006, 12:42 AM
little do you know Sandy and Sandra are both the same person :devil:

Just kidding ;)

brendajos
05-09-2006, 12:45 AM
lol.....aaaah and to think i could have signed up brenda and belinda! drats....foiled again!

mintdee
05-09-2006, 01:03 AM

javede
05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
And if you're lucky they're like me who hasn't been around long enough to know the real names of people here anyway.
I think my sender had her real name in the email she sent me, but I don't know who that correlates to in sign-on names. Her secret is safe with me! :lol:
Same here, I think. I only know the real names of a couple of people and I won't search the board for it.

mulene
05-09-2006, 04:59 AM
rofl good lord woman, don't beat yourself up over the tiny hiccough! You two are doing a grand job indeed in sorting this all out. I'm very impressed!

My secret pal has used a "secret name" and secret mail address so I've no idea who it is.. she's playing with me too! It could be one of several people *giggle* I'm very excited about this. My secret pal that I'm sending to hasn't replied though.. hope she didn't put me in the spam filter!

KellyK
05-09-2006, 07:42 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My secret pal SNUCK in under the cover of night and sent me a message! I am MOST intrigued! :oo:

Shandeh
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I ended up with a different person to give to, but I've kept the person I was receiving from. :o

I had already emailed my first contact, and now I'm emailing the other. Maybe I'll make friends with both of them! So, that means I'll actually get to know 3 people better. The one who is sending yarn to me, the one I was going to send yarn to, and the one I AM sending yarn to. :D

This is a great way for us to all get to know each other - especially those of us who are new to the group. :thumbsup:

mulene
05-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Agree Carolina! When it is all over and done with, can we ask our sekret yarn pal who they really are? :thinking:

brendajos
05-09-2006, 10:04 AM
lol of course you can find out....unless the person giving to you has a super secret identity or has to enter the witness protection program before it is over....i can't do much about it if that happens ya know! ;)

Hey moddddddddddddd types?!?! Can we lock or move this thread to the KAL thread. I think it would help to have them both together at this point! Thanks!

Shandeh
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
This swap has turned us all into dreamers, hasn't it? I keep thinking, "I wonder what yarn I'll get in the mail?" It's almost like Christmas when I was a little girl. :present:

I've been contacted by my giver....and I contacted my receiver as well. (I just sounded like a quarterback, didn't I?) :??

It sure is fun to get to know each other better this way. Gifts are always great ice-breakers! :balloons:

rebecca
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
:D This is, indeed, VERY FUN!! I've had contact with both my quarter back & receiver, too :roflhard: :rofling:

mulene
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
waiiiit so we don't mail out till 17th June latest? or we mail out by 17th May?

carollovesyarn
05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
You're supposed to mail out by June 17th at the latest. :D

jamadian75
05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm in the game!! and thrilled!! :cheering: Contacts made, anticipation building...

I'm really looking forward to what I'll receive, but I also think this is the hardest I've thought about a yarn purchase in a long time!! :thinking: I want it to be JUST right and to give my secret pal some "grinning from ear to ear" kind of glee :lol:

This fever is catchy

mulene
05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
You're supposed to mail out by June 17th at the latest. :D

ooh thats Aaaaages away... Oooo :thinking: that gives me time to go visit a nice yarn place in the south of england ;)

mintdee
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
My swap pal contacted me and gave me quite a fright!
Said she couldn't wait to pick out pretty homespun for me :shock: :shock:

But she was of course kidding. :roflhard: My swap pal has a scary sense of humor :doh: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 02:25 PM
At least you HOPE she was kidding...maybe she's one of those knitters who really LIKES Homespun. And...

MICROSPUN!!! :shock:

Friskums
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Wait...what's wrong with Microspun? :?? ;)

Careful Ange, I'll go find your pal and tell them how much you looooooooove it. :rofling:

Yes, yes, I'm just kidding.

brendajos
05-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Wait...what's wrong with Microspun? :?? ;)

there's nuthin' wrong with it if all ya wanna do is hug it, squeeze it, rub it against your cheek, and call it George.

If you want to knit with it, well ....just don't.

Friskums
05-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Bren, you're "...just don't" cracked me up. :rofling:

I think I did buy a ball when I first started knitting. But that was before I knew better. ;)

I either bought that, or something like it. Along with some grey Woolease. Won't buy either of them again. *wonders where the vomit emote is* ;)

Angelia
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey, I like Wool-Ease! :evil:

:rofling:

Really I do...not that I want that from my secret pal, mind you, but I do like it.

Friskums
05-09-2006, 04:41 PM

Maybe I got a bad ball. It was extremely rough knit up. On the ball it felt super nice. I was sad. :(

Angelia
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I have noticed that some skeins are of better quality than others, and some colors are much much softer than others. Once washed, though, the yarn feels really good!

brendajos
05-09-2006, 05:06 PM
:wall: Okay I am tired of fighting with Yahoo to send this out in e-mail. it let me send out 2 e-mails and then said that I had gone over my limit for this hour...blah. Anyway....if you didn't get the e-mail read below. Heck even if you did...read again! Don't forget to be checking both your secret e-mail and your primary for messages!

Everybody should be in contact with their secret pal by now. If you have heard from them please make sure they hear back from you so they know they got through spam filters and the like. If you haven't gotten in touch with your person please do so. We need to make sure everybody is assigned appropriately and this is the best way to make sure we don't have any holes in the system (kinda like the big giant one I found out about last night!) Besides....we have people who are waiting in swap land without a friend and feeling kinda sad right now! Nothing is sadder than a lonely swapper ya know!

Let us know if you don't hear from either the person giving to you or the person you are giving to soon!

Friskums
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I got an email from my sender and sent one to my sender and reciever.

Haven't gotten anything back yet though.

mks22300
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
This is going to feel like Chirstmas but it's a drawn out Christmas because we get it in June and July!!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

brendajos
05-09-2006, 07:06 PM
I got an email from my sender and sent one to my sender and reciever.

Haven't gotten anything back yet though.

well we know the person who has you has gotten through to you so that i shall not fret about too much. Hopefully the person who you have can get through to you....fret fret fret! ;) if you don't hear anything back in a little while we will give them a nudge.

we just have to remember that nobody was really expecting anything until tomorry.

maybe they are already out shopping! :shock:

DragonTush
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
:happydance: *drum roll pleeeeease!*

I bought the yarn! Its in a bag...by my side..waiting to be shipped. Its soooo purdy......I kinda want to keep it. :shock: ahem.....I may have to ship early or end up having to buy more so I can ship some to my secret pal and still have some for me LOL.

I'd show you all a picture but I'm not allowed.

Ha! Thought I'd give myself away eh?! :roflhard:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
:happydance: *drum roll pleeeeease!*

I bought the yarn! Its in a bag...by my side..waiting to be shipped. Its soooo purdy......I kinda want to keep it. :shock:

I think this is going to be a problem for everyone! :rofling:

dustinac
05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
:roflhard: I was thinking the same think I kinda already know what I want to give the first month but I've never knitted with it and want to sooo gonna be tough :rofling:

Brendajos I'm actually thinking of giving the lime green microspun another shot for a tank top for Roo :lol:

I try to check this blog often http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/ I love her patterns and her writing style cracks me up.. anyways today she put up a pattern for one skein :happydance:

I've heard from my sender and I have e-mailed the person I send to... :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-10-2006, 07:52 AM
At least you HOPE she was kidding...maybe she's one of those knitters who really LIKES Homespun. And...

MICROSPUN!!! :shock:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Dustina....you may want to consider Knitpicks SHINE instead. Its not as awful as Microspun.

I have sent & heard from everybody.....Im all set! I know exactly what Im gonna send. Im gonna pick it up tonight! :cheering:

Does anyone have any feelings about the EARLIEST date we should send things?

Angelia
05-10-2006, 08:18 AM
As I've said before...I'd kind of like to send a May gift... :oops:

dustinac
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey Kelly I do have some shine that I'm making her a little dress (or tank haven't decided yet) out of.. and its so easy to work with but I have some lime green microspun that I hate to not use.. so I thought I'd give it a try after the scarf I did lol... if I'm having trouble then I plan on giving it to mom to use :rofling: she asked me to give any leftover yarn I had for her and SIL....I'm into tank top making groove for my little girl.. dh made the comment to me last night do you think she will wear them all? I mean we don't go out very often but for groceries :rollseyes: gonna have to take walks to the parks so she can wear them them :lol: only problem now is I have 2 done but so many on needles I don't know where to start...

brendajos
05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
lol dustina you don't HAVE to use it.....you can do what i did with it and pass on the love! :rofling:

dustinac
05-10-2006, 09:58 AM
:roflhard: no I'm gonna give it one more try lol just for YOUUUUUUUUUUU LOL then I'll pass it on to mom :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Friskums
05-10-2006, 10:44 AM
As I've said before...I'd kind of like to send a May gift... :oops:

I kinda want to too...

Angelia
05-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I think I will. I won't be at all hurt if my person doesn't send to me, but I must send! :shifty: I've never been very good at holding onto gifts. I get so excited...the dh gets his Christmas gifts practically the moment I buy them... :oops:

sara_jayne
05-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I get so excited...the dh gets his Christmas gifts practically the moment I buy them... :oops:

I'm the same way :) My DH birthday is a few weeks after Christmas and this past Christmas he got ALL his gifts 4 days before Christmas and they weren't even wrapped yet! I can never "save" a gift for him, I HAVE to give it to him right away - I love those "random day" surprises!

rebecca
05-10-2006, 10:56 AM
LOL, ya'll are talking about sending May gifts....you know that your SECRET pal is also reading this thread :shock: You may let the cat out of the yarn bag :roflhard: :rofling:

Friskums
05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I think I will. I won't be at all hurt if my person doesn't send to me, but I must send! :shifty: I've never been very good at holding onto gifts. I get so excited...the dh gets his Christmas gifts practically the moment I buy them... :oops:

I don't always give them right away, but I always end up telling the person what I got them. :lol: Do I get any credit for not telling them the color? :rofling: :rofling:

brendajos
05-10-2006, 11:22 AM
okay....if you have NOT heard from either the person who has YOUR name or the person whose name you have e-mail us at khyarnswap at yahoo dot com (you know to change those words to symbols right? :D) and we will give them a little nudge. :thumbsup:

eta: make sure you tell us which one you haven't heard from so we don't nudge people unnecessarily!

Angelia
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Do I get any credit for not telling them the color? :rofling: :rofling:

Something along this line might be a giveaway: "Yeah, I just sent my secret pal some Noro Silk Garden--but I'm not saying which color!"

Friskums
05-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, at least part of it would still be a surprise. ;) :rofling: :rofling:

Tammy6071
05-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I have heard from my sender, and also have been in contact with my receiver. This is going to be so much fun!! Can't wait for those first packages!! :cheering: :cheering:

Sara
05-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Since my post office is a dead giveaway of who I am, would anyone like to enter into a mail exchange with me?

We could do a couple different things.

#1-The yarn store here is nice and we can arrange a purchase through them and we'll ship it to your secret pal for you.

#2-You can wrap a package with your secret pal's address and then wrap it again (brown paper would be good) with my address on it. When it comes to me, I'll unwrap the outer layer and send it right back out.

PM if you're interested.

brendajos
05-10-2006, 02:55 PM
psssssssssssst....let me also suggest changing the location that you have listed on this website for a while! :angelgrin:

Sara
05-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, yeah, but I remember where everybody else lives...

Angelia
05-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Me, too! But I changed my location anyway, just in case! :rofling:

Friskums
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I did too.

Even though I plan on mailing it to my mom and then letting her mail it to throw off the scent. :D

HollyP
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Ok I change my location. I didn't even think about post marks. Hopefully I change my location soon enough that my receiver didn't notice where I was from. Maybe... we can't all have photographic memories :lol:

javede
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I changed mine too, but I doubt that will help :lol:
I just have to accept that I'm always easy to spot in swaps like these!

catownedanna
05-11-2006, 05:34 AM
I've contacted my reciever and my sender has contacted me!!! :cheering:

I think this is a threesome I'll enjoy! ;)

Angelia
05-11-2006, 08:37 AM
:eyebrow:

photogirl72
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Yay!!!!! My giver contacted me!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! Oh I'm so excited! I can't wait to see and hear about what everyone is getting. :balloons:

mks22300
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Whoo-who!!! :happydance: I found the most awesome yarn sale, but I can't tell where or else it'll give me away!!

butterflymama
05-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Reading everyone's new location is hilarious! :lol:

rebecca
05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
New location, what new location?!

HollyP
05-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Reading everyone's new location is hilarious! :lol:
I was just thinking the same thing! I really should be more creative.

I was totally freak out by how long the thread had gotten since the last time I check. I was in shock :shock: that I was 10 pages behind! Then I realized the mods had condensed it all into one thread. Man was I relieved!

I am going yarn shopping this afternoon :happydance: I can't wait!!

sara_jayne
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I was totally freak out by how long the thread had gotten since the last time I check. I was in shock :shock: that I was 10 pages behind! Then I realized the mods had condensed it all into one thread. Man was I relieved!

I had the same problem this morning Holly! I was like Holy Carp!!! Where did all of this come from. Then I realized what had happened.

I went shopping LAST NIGHT!!!! I had so much fun and I hope my pal loves what I bought them!! :happydance: I know I do! :heart:

Friskums
05-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm going this weekend. Probably tomorrow. :happydance:

horve1
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Just want to let everyone know - the swap buddy who's sending to me is wonderful! The emails I'm getting are really building the anticipation and excitement. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
[quote="mintdee"]My swap pal contacted me and gave me quite a fright!
Said she couldn't wait to pick out pretty homespun for me :shock: :shock: quote]

Maybe she was referring to actual homespun yarn, like I make on my spinning wheel?

gardenmommy
05-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Psst...Sandy/Carolina Red...you have your location in your signature line too! ;) LOL

Shandeh
05-13-2006, 08:27 PM
How funny is that!? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
05-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Psst...Sandy/Carolina Red...you have your location in your signature line too! ;) LOL

Kristen, check it out...u live somewhere over the rainbow & I live @ follow the yellow brick road. Oz fans, u think?! ;)

gardenmommy
05-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Kristen, check it out...u live somewhere over the rainbow & I live @ follow the yellow brick road. Oz fans, u think?! ;)

Oh that is funny, but I just got another idea for a location...hang on while I change it. ;)

KellyK
05-14-2006, 08:20 AM
I havent heard from my secret pal since the first message.... :(

Andrea
05-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Remember, whoever has KK---she needs attention!! :heart: :heart: (I am the same way, KK!)

brendajos
05-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Okay y'all. The packages are OFFICIALLY suppose to go out in June for the first time. There is not going to be a date when we open packages for a couple of reasons.
One...I don't think y'all could take the pressure of knowing a package of yarn was sitting in your house unfondled!
Second....well I have enough people in my life torturing me with leaving packages in my house unopened until a specific date (ahem....Dustina!) and i would never do that to myself on purpose!

Sooooo if you got overly excited and thought the first package went out in May instead of June, you can work that out with the person you sent to in whatever way you would like. I just want to make sure that everybody gets at least two packages of goodies! :thumbsup:

And wouldn't it be fun if we ALL started e-mailing Kelly that we had her....how long do you think it would be before her head exploded? ;)

KellyK
05-14-2006, 11:08 AM
:| No. That would NOT be fun at ALL. :|

Angelia
05-14-2006, 12:50 PM

Poor Kelly! :heart:

rebecca
05-14-2006, 02:20 PM

Oh that is funny, but I just got another idea for a location...hang on while I change it. ;)

I like your new locale :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-14-2006, 02:21 PM

I think it would be alot of fun ;)

Just kidding, KK, u know I love you

dustinac
05-14-2006, 04:15 PM
:blush: who me?? what?? I have no idea what you are talking about but you do have a week to go :rofling:

I'm curious on how others are doing their pkgs.. I hate to just send yarn so was wondering if ya'll are including anything else or just the yarn.. wrapping the yarn or no?? I thought about wrapping the yarn and including some little things to go along :thinking: but wasn't sure what everyone else was doing.. I went to my LYS yesterday to browse and they changed their prices on me.. so now I have to figure out a new plan... ;)

carollovesyarn
05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I am going to include some extras :happydance: , but I don't want to get too specific and give my identity away! These are outside of the price range - all of the designated range is going for yarn, but I haven't picked it out yet! I need to go to my lys next week and brainstorm with the owner - she's great at picking yarn out. I already have some of the extras I'm including. I may even send them earlier than the yarn, just as a little teaser. ;)

mks22300
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
KK, you're not the only one who hasn't heard from their sender since the first message either :( .

As for sending extras, I already have them all picked out! Mine aren't included in my yarn amount either, just something I thought my reciever would like :D .

Emeraldcutie
05-14-2006, 09:06 PM
I did the same thing, I wanted to make it extra special :)
I can't wait to send it out. Just doing the finishing touches.

catownedanna
05-15-2006, 05:30 AM
This is my first time as a secret pal and I'm wondering a couple of things...

I've seen it mentioned in a lot of different places (not just KH) that secret pals often include little "extras" in packages. How "mandatory" is this? I don't want my reciever to find me cheap if I don't match the "expected" as it might be based on me not knowing the inofficial "rules" of a swap/secret pal thing.

Am I, as a reciever, expected to contact my sender on a regular basis or is the "relationship" between the two of us on the sender's conditions?

I think this SWAP will be sooo much fun! And I want to do it "right"... :D I think I have the yarn picked out for my first delivery but I have to go look at the colours again!

KellyK
05-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Anna, the only "mandatory" is that you match the price range and that you have FUN with the swap.

My sender had the flu. :( I hope she feels better! But, she just told me she's sending me stuff based on a THEME! :happydance: I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!! :cheering:

BTW..,..I was (still am) one of those kids that goes searching for their Christmas presents starting in early December. :shifty:

gimmesanity
05-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Like Kel, I've only heard from mine once...maybe I have the silent, generous type. Emphasis on generous.... ;)

mulene
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
I think everyone knows where I'm from ;) So I have to use super sekret sneakiness when sending to my pal =D

dustinac
05-15-2006, 10:06 AM
BTW..,..I was (still am) one of those kids that goes searching for their Christmas presents starting in early December. :shifty:

:rofling: :roflhard: my mom still tapes my pkgs up so good that you have to use scissors to get into them.. I always found or peeked :roflhard:

javede
05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
:rofling: :roflhard: my mom still tapes my pkgs up so good that you have to use scissors to get into them.. I always found or peeked :roflhard:

My mum has to hide presents at our neighbors, otherwise I would find out no matter how good taped :lol:

HollyP
05-15-2006, 10:55 AM

My mum has to hide presents at our neighbors, otherwise I would find out no matter how good taped :lol:
Mine too! How funny!! I thought I was the only one who was bad about sneaking a look a presents! Shame on all of us :roflhard:

Angelia
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Tape has never stopped me, either!!

We ARE bad... :angelgrin:

KellyK
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah...shame on us..... whatever. :rollseyes:

lisak
05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
For all you folks that are getting extra stuff in addition to the yarn, I like the idea, but aren't you afraid that they will already have something you get? Or are you prying for info? I don't want to get something that would be difficult to return you know? Thoughts? :thinking:

brendajos
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
yeah i think part of the joy of christmas is peeking. the thing is that i don't even peek at just my own. i peek at everybody's! I am more excited about surprises for them than i am for myself...lol.

my dad use to hide presents in the tractors when i was a kid. He had instilled a good healthy fear of them when i was little so i never went near them unless he was around. Presents always seemed exceedingly cooooold when we opened them up. of course that could be explained by a long trip from the north pole! :rofling:

butterflymama
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I am only admitting this once.

When I was roughly 12 years old I was left home alone with all of the Christmas presents for a WEEK before Christmas. There they sat all wrapped and just calling my name.

I opened every single one of them and wrapped them all back up. :oops:

But I was 12 so being the clever one that I was (you know how you know everything when are 12 :rollseyes: ) I used the same tape and paper that my mom wrapped everything with and the tape did not line up exactly so it was totally obviously what I had done. :rollseyes:

But I learned my lesson. Christmas was not nearly as much fun when I had already opened everything.

I never peeked again. :thumbsup:

butterflymama
05-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh and I might add that I think I have the best secret pal ever. No seriously. I am feeling major love from my secret pal. I hope everyone has a great pal like mine!!! :heart:

brendajos
05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
i gotta tell you....lol....i NEVER lost any love of Christmas for all the peeking...and i think i am just as delighted by the presents i am not surprised by as the ones i am. and i was VERY good at slitting tape....lol. I didnt fully unwrap though, just the ends usually.

dustinac
05-15-2006, 11:31 PM
yeah before mom figured it out you could get your little finger under the neatly folded ends and slowly pull it up ROTFLOL I would also try boiling water while she was at work :oops: but really now she uses packing tape on mine and its ALL wrapped up you can't even find the beginning or end of the tape :shock: and if my items are in gift bags they are stapled shut and then packaging tape is added... :lol: this year she gave everyone money but the kids saved on her tape bill :rofling:

HollyP
05-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Bren I love your location!! :lol: Too funny!

My secret pal is great too. She really has me excited as to what is coming my way!

Has everyone bought their yarn yet? I haven't yet. I have been fondling a lot of yarn lately. I just I just need to narrow it down! Too many choices!

catownedanna
05-16-2006, 07:54 AM
My Secret Pal is spying on me!!! :shock:

And I'm liking it! :D :heart:

jamadian75
05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
My Secret Pal is doing a GREAT job at hiding their identity - what fun!! :cheering:

I've received wonderful messages from him/her already and it's such a treat :D Eerily enough my secret pal is also using the name of one of my favorite Bugs Bunny characters - Marvin (the martian). It was meant to BE! :lol:

Angelia
05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Aw, a soul mate!!

:roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
05-16-2006, 12:50 PM
My kids could never peek, no sneaking to look @ their Christmas gifts...I wrap gifts in several boxes, each box is larger than the one before & @ least one box is wrapped (several times over) with packing tape...u see they couldn't sneak a peek without my knowing :eyebrow: Obviously, I peeked @ a gift or 2 when I was a kid :mrgreen:

Friskums
05-16-2006, 01:23 PM
My brother and I peeked one year and my mom was so saddened by it that we felt so guilty and I never did it again. I don't think my brother did either, but I can't remember for sure.

Shandeh
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM

I think it would be alot of fun ;)

I'm with Rebecca. Let's tease KK really good!

KellyK
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
:(

mks22300
05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
I still haven't heard from my person since the first message :crying: . I hope all is well with her.

On a brighter note, I got the yarn to send to my person today! It's so soft and pretty, I had to get some for myself too! :rofling:

I was a Christmas peeker too and I blame it all on my eldest brother! He got me to peek one year and Christmas just wasn't as fun when I knew what I was getting. Sometimes it's just too hard not to peek though :oops: .

Shandeh
05-16-2006, 08:38 PM
:(

Don't be sad Kelly. I was just teasing. :mrgreen:

:sunny: You should know that we all just LOVE you! :inlove:

rebecca
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
OKAY, u left off the part of the quote where I said I was just kidding about teasing KK :fingerwag: She knows I was kidding, though, I would never do that :D

KellyK
05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes you WOULD because you WUV me!! :heart:

Shandeh
05-17-2006, 12:56 AM
I promise to never tease KK again. (carolina crosses fingers behind her back.)

Just kidding. (But what is she kidding about? Never teasing....or crossing her fingers?) The plot thickens....... ;)

:rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

horve1
05-17-2006, 06:26 PM
:cheering: :heart: :D :present: :X:

I'm cheering cause I have the bestest swap buddy in da whole wide worl!!! I am in love with and so happy about the present I just got.

Now I need to go knit!!!!!!

Seriously, this is so much fun! The great emails, the wonderful sense of humor, the generosity... THE YARN!

I just hope I'm giving my other buddy half the fun I'm having.

Angelia
05-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Where's the porn?! Show us the goods!! :inlove: :inlove:

KellyK
05-18-2006, 12:04 AM
WE NEED PICS!!!!! :cheering:

Danielle
05-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, show us!!! :cheering:

Andrea
05-18-2006, 08:59 AM
How dare you get excited and leave us hanging!!! We demand pictures!!!! :D

rebecca
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
:D YAY for you, horve :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: But....what about us????? We need our yarn porn :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Where are our pics, horve1?! We wanna see your knitting goodies :D

I can't help myself, I'm picking up & ordering stuff for my Secret Pal all of the time, this is LOTS of fun :thumbsup:

horve1
05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
:oops: I'm sorry. I really only have the time to do pictures on the weekend. I will. I promise! I've started "Eagle's Flight" socks with Lorna's Purple Iris Shepherd Sock yarn - and that's just the beginning of my bestest unbirthday ever. What a great Buddy I have!

Did I say that I was also given a notebook full of wonderful patterns? They really make it special. :heart:

rebecca
05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
:D Score...I love that pattern!!! And Lorna's Laces is the best :thumbsup: WTG ;)

Andrea
05-19-2006, 02:03 PM
:inlove: :inlove: Love that yarn!

Angelia
05-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Ooooh, yummy!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

rebecca
05-19-2006, 07:53 PM
:D Yummy, indeed....looking @ that yarn makes me want to cast on for another pair of socks with my Lorna's Laces....I'm losing my monogamous knitting mind...I would then have 3 projects on the needles....can't do that :fingerwag: I'll just go finish the socks I'm working on now :thumbsup:

javede
05-20-2006, 02:17 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! (seems to be the sentence I use most lately ;) )

My pal has send me the first package and it's fabulous, fantastic, superduper, wonderfull, ...

She send me 6(in letters SIX!) hanks of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky wool in two colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering:

I think a simple thanks is not appropriate, I feel more like :notworthy: and *jumping-around-crazy*!

The Burt's bees hand salve is great too! I remember the lip balm of it from my student exchange to the USA and the regret that I didn't bought more back then. I've got very dry lips and that balm was fantastic, I bet the hand salve is too!

P.S.: pictures tomorrow, cause it's already getting dark here(8:30 pm!)

rebecca
05-20-2006, 02:21 PM
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: Another score :thumbsup: Very, very nice!! Ya'll are both so welcome...I'm happy that you like what I've gotten for you :rofling: :roflhard: Just kidding...NOT!!!

I don't know if we can wait until tomorrow Javede :rollseyes: But, that's okay, something to look forward to :thumbsup:

Angelia
05-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow, Javede, that's fantastic!!! Can't wait to see goody pictures! :cheering: :cheering:

sara_jayne
05-20-2006, 03:42 PM
I got a "starter" gift from my pal today!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My DH went to get the mail and goes "what did you send to yourself?" He's silly!

I got a cute pair of knitting girl socks and a pattern for a new felted purse (she's after my heart!).

THANKS PAL!!!!!!11

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Knitting%20Projects/palgift1.jpg

Angelia
05-20-2006, 03:51 PM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I love those socks!!

rebecca
05-20-2006, 04:35 PM
:cheering: :happydance: That's so cool, SaraJayne...I love, love those socks :thumbsup:

javede
05-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Somehow I even managed to make an acceptable pic with this camera :thinking:
Must be because the yarn is so beautiful!

Thanks again, pal! I've already searched the net for patterns and found out that a simple tank won't take much more than 300g!
Good thing, I have to wait before knitting with it. Otherwise I would probably put all other projects on hold :lol:

rebecca
05-21-2006, 08:11 AM
:D thanks for the yarn porn, javede....u have a great pal....looks like everyone does :thumbsup:

Angelia
05-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Oh yummy, Javede!!! Yes, you have wonderful pal! :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-21-2006, 09:12 AM
OOOOH SUCH GREAT GOODIES!!!! :cheering:

mks22300
05-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow, some very nice things ladies!! :inlove:

horve1
05-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Here are the pictures I promised. I am in knitting heaven. Thank you, Swap Buddy!!!

Angelia
05-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Ooooh!!! Gorgeous!!!! :inlove: :inlove:

gardenmommy
05-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow! Terrific stuff for everyone! :cheering:

dustinac
05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
:cheering: sooo pretty!! what a pretty sock

rebecca
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
:D That sock is GORGEOUS, horve1!!!!!! I LOVE that yarn :inlove: LOL, that's some fast socknittin' :thumbsup:

horve1
05-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Thank you all. The first sock is done, 2nd on needles. The yarn is so great, I can hardly put it down! Thanks again, Swap Buddy!!!

Andrea
05-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Love that purple and green!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

rebecca
05-22-2006, 09:55 AM
:D I do, too!!

sara_jayne
05-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Beautiful!!!

photogirl72
05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay, I am totally freaked out now!!!! I was under the empression that we weren't going to send out packages until June. Please tell me I am right so I don't have to panic. I don't want my pal thinking that I'm never going to send her anything.

I'm just having trouble choosing what to send her. I asked her about what she likes and after reading about her and her blog, I don't think I should send her what she said she liked. I'd like to send her some variety, but I just don't know.

KellyK
05-22-2006, 07:08 PM
The packages MUST be sent BY June (17th?) some of us just couldnt wait!! Dont worry!

brendajos
05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
I asked her about what she likes and after reading about her and her blog, I don't think I should send her what she said she liked. I'd like to send her some variety, but I just don't know.

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

Tammy6071
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Just had to share my package I received from my swap buddy that I received last week! She is just the best!! Can't wait to try the kool-aid dyeing!!

Andrea
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Ohhhhhhh nice package!!! :eyebrow:
And PG--don't panic! Some people just get antsy! :D

horve1
05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Tammy - very cool. Kool Aid dying is loads of fun!

CarmenIbanez
05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I officially have the bestest yarn swap pal EVER. I received a BIRTHDAY present. How about that? And it is super cute. It is a little photo album thingy, and I adore it!

YAY! :happydance:

horve1
05-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Carmen!
But I still vote for my Buddy. Last night, for my un-birthday, I got a set of bamboo DPNs and amazing stitch markers from Kemp's store!

rebecca
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
:D Happy Birthday, Carmen :cheering: :cheering:
I am LOVING looking @ everyone's "pre-gifts"....yes, PG, several swappers just couldn't wait until June ;) No worries, June is the official start time ;)
Horve1, you got another package?! How cool are you?!
What a great idea, I love your dyeing kit, Tammy :heart: !!
This is a LOT of fun :D

Angelia
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I got goodies in the mail today!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

The yarn is deliciously soft and in one of my favorite colors! :inlove: :inlove:

My swap pal, though, as you can see by the photos, is very tricksy! :heart:

sara_jayne
05-25-2006, 04:43 PM
:inlove: :inlove: So pretty!!!

rebecca
05-25-2006, 06:07 PM
:D LOL, u have quite a buddy, Angelia...that's too funny :roflhard: :rofling: I LOVE the yarn...but the packaging is too cute :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
:roflhard:

gardenmommy
05-25-2006, 07:44 PM
So sneaky but love the results! LOL :inlove:

DragonTush
05-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh man! This is fantastic!

Yeah!! To everyone who has recieved packages. EEEeeeee....how exciting is this!?:happydance: :XX: :cheering:

Friskums
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I got yarn today too!

...Not from my secret pal though. :lol: Just some I had ordered for my projects.

Angelia
05-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Getting yarn in general is pretty darn exciting!

The packaging had me laughing--even the dh said "wow, she went to a lot of trouble here!" He even came running into the house from the mailbox saying "You got a prize! You got a prize!" :rofling:

Thank you tricksy pal! :heart:

rebecca
05-26-2006, 12:33 PM
:D Yeah, Angelia, u do have a swap trickster...something tells me :thinking: :?? I think I know who it is....of course, it could very well me one of many, yes?! :eyebrow: :devil: :angelgrin: No tellin' who she is, we do have a few tricksters in our midst...I just wonder :thinking:

rebecca
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
:D Okay, okay, I admit...it's ME :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

of couse, I'm kidding :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

KellyK
05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Actually, Rebecca darlin', you were the first person I thought of when I saw that packaging... Ive SEEN the way you pack things before. Anyway... you are the prime suspect in the case of Ang's secret swapper! :oo:

Friskums
05-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I can't wait until we all find out at the end. :mrgreen: :happydance:

rebecca
05-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah.....NOT.....this one, is NOT mine :fingerwag: LOL, it does look just like something that I would do, but, I am INNOCENT....LOL, wish I'd thought of doing something like that for my pal, now I'm not gonna ;)

KellyK
05-26-2006, 01:43 PM
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

rebecca
05-26-2006, 04:47 PM
:D Yeah, u laugh on, KK :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

Andrea
05-27-2006, 04:28 AM
I got a package today!!! :happydance: :cheering:

I'm at work and I forgot my camera disc, so you will all have to wait patiently! I will be VERY busy tomorrow, so pics might not be on here until *GASP* Sunday!! :shock:

I was VERY happy!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Angelia
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
The return address was in FL...now that we've all changed our locations, I have no way of identifying this person! :rofling:

rebecca
05-27-2006, 10:10 AM
YAY for you, Andrea, I can't wait to see your pics....you are gonna leave us hanging til Sunday :shock: ?!

KellyK
05-27-2006, 11:24 AM
That's just not right.... :(

Angelia
05-27-2006, 11:59 AM
I know. *I* posted mine immediately! That should be the rule! :mad:

KellyK
05-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Schyeah!

rebecca
05-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Duh :rollseyes: !!!!
That's what I'm saying ;)

Angelia
05-28-2006, 08:12 AM
STILL no photos?! :mad:

Andrea
05-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm trying, now my card isn't being recognized by my computer :?? I'm having troubles. We're going for a motorcycle ride today, so I'll have to play with later! :(

I'm sorry :(

rebecca
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I guess we can forgive you :rollseyes: Okay...you're forgiven ;) :D

Angelia
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Okay, we'll forgive you this once ;)

sara_jayne
05-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Does that mean we'll get pictures of hottie Andrea on her bike too???? ;)

Angelia
05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Holding her yarn! :eyebrow:

sara_jayne
05-28-2006, 07:51 PM

Andrea
05-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok, I FINALLY got it to work!! And I did have Chrissy Poo take a bike pic and I took one of him too ;) Alas, those will be in my blog though!

Here's my yummy yarn! Regia Bamboo and this BEAUTIFUL purple/blue yarn. My pal then emailed me a pattern (http://hem.bredband.net/b382726/Half%20cirkular%20shawl.htm) that was made with this kind of yarn. I love my pal! :D

Sara
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
OMG, love that yarn! It's so pretty. The pattern looks really cool. Wow! :inlove:

horve1
05-29-2006, 05:34 AM
Sweet!!! Bamboo feels wonderful while knitting.