PDA

View Full Version : The Great Yarn Swap!~~ NEW MESSAGE PAGE 100!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

mintdee
06-16-2006, 12:32 PM
since we are talking cameras I got a cannon powershot SD550 digital elph for my birthday last month and I love it! Look at this pic I took of phia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/mintydee/kids/IMG_0547.jpg
That one is me still learning all the little features. I Love it.

K done gushing :P

On topic, I got an email from my pal yesterday mine is on its way too! :happydance:

mulene
06-16-2006, 12:35 PM
I use a fuji finepix a420

rebecca
06-16-2006, 12:37 PM
:D Love the shot of Phia :cheering: :cheering:

horve1
06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
:heart: Beautiful baby!!!!

catownedanna
06-16-2006, 01:25 PM
My SP made me cry today!!!

I had a wrapped box in the mail today! I did my happy dance by the mailbox :balloons: and went inside to unwrap the box.

I sooo wish I had a digital camera close by so I could take a picture to show you all. I :heart: everything about the box and the content. The cardboard box has dots all over it and will now have a place on my desk for incoming mail.

My wonderful, thoughtful and generous SP gave me two skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in Sage (25006) and I can't believe how soft the yarn is!!! I think I finally really understand the concept of fondling yarn... ;) I love it!

In the box I also found 10 notecards with cats on them, a note book and colour pencils in all different colours!

And that is not all. :shock: My SP also knit me a neckwarmer in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk that has cables in it and a wonderful looking flower attached at the front. It was meant to be a match to my Starsky and it really is! They work great together. :heart:

Everything was put together with so much thought built into it. Handwritten notes. Pink silk paper. Tiny clothes pins. Great colour choices.

So, whoever my SP is, I'm sure hoping that her SP spoils her just as I'm being spoilt here. She deserves it!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

sara_jayne
06-16-2006, 01:56 PM
:cheering: Everyone is getting spoiled!!! :cheering:

rebecca
06-16-2006, 02:58 PM
:D Sounds super yummy :cheering: :cheering:

sara_jayne
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
:happydance: My pal e-mailed me to say I can start stalking the mail man! :happydance:

KellyK
06-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I was supposed to be stalking the mailman today....but it looks like the stalking will carry over until tomorrow....

carollovesyarn
06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
This is a little of topic but what digtal cameras do you all have?? I have been looking for one but am just not sure which to buy. Any suggestions either way? Thanks! I love my Canon PowerShot. My model is out of production now, but everyone I know loves their Canon!

Wow! I'm seriously impressed with all the yarny goodies!!!

rebecca
06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
:D I just got an email from my buddy, llamallamallamallamaduck, and she said that my package should arrive early next week.....YEAH, BABY :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Okay, here's the cool thing...the email...so funny, I loved it!! You must read it on my blog (http://whimsicalknitting.blogspot.com/)...it's a song...tooo cool 8-)
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I'm very excited :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
06-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey if someone needs a package (poor you), just let me know. I'm willing to help out with one or two.
;)

Lisa Kay
06-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Here's what I got from my Secret Pal!

The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend called Tilda. It's produced and sold by a Swedish company called "Svarta Faret" (which my SP tells me means "The black sheep.") This yarn is SO SOFT! :inlove:

My SP included the picture of an idea of what to make with the yarn, as there should be enough to make a sweater for a one-year-old, or a hat, or socks, or a blanket...who knows at this point! The finger puppets and lamb (from IKEA) were included for my children.

A big THANK YOU to my SP! Now we'll see if I can post a picture...

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2735/dscn45819ba.jpg

beckyrhae
06-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow... everyone is getting such NICE stuff!!

ladyindica2000
06-16-2006, 11:54 PM
My yarn arrived!!

Oh happy day!! I am so so SO thrilled!! My dh came home from work while I was gleefully running back from the mailbox and laughed his head off while I did a super happy dance of joy because the things that I found in my mailbox were wonderful!!!

I so wish that I could post a picture, but since the battery charger for the camera went missing at a get together a few weekends ago, I am afraid that all I have right now is a description.

I got a little tube that looks like it may be for needles. Its so cute and I think hand painted with leaves all up the sides. I don't know if it is supposed to be for needles, but I am putting all my darning needles in it anyway. I am so happy because there will be no more reaching into my stash only to stab myself on an errant needle.

I also got some very beautiful stitch markers. So lovely infact that the jumprings that I got at the dollar store pale in comparison. I really wish I could post a picture of these as I am sure that they are handmade.

Finally, I got 2 skiens of the most beautiful fingering weight yarn. Its blue and green and sooooooooo yum! They are Claudia Hand Painted Yarn and I am going to use them to make some toe up socks. Now I just need a good pattern.

I love everything and I can't believe what a score I have in my new KP swap friend!!

Shandeh
06-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I saw a lot of disposable cameras on sale at my local CVS Pharmacy. You can get a photodisc with digital photos when you get them processed.

You probably have something similar at your local pharmacy or Walmart.

That's one way some of you can get digital photos of your yarn swap goodies!

rebecca
06-17-2006, 03:16 PM
:D lisa kay and lady.....such yummies!!! This is such fun!!! I am loving reading about everyone's gifts....and I have a very funny mental picture of everyone's "Happy Dance"... :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Cristy
06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
I GOT MY SECRET PACKAGE!!!!

My secret pal had told me 2-3 days so likely it'd be Monday...I saw the mail lady come by but didn't go out to check the mail right away. A few minutes ago, dh, dd and I were headed out to go to the grocery store and voila! A package was sitting at the doorstep.

My UBER AWESOME secret buddy sent me a hank of Noro Kochoran (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/Noro/Kochoran.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=4204) and a batch of homemade brownies (no pic of these...they're already almost gone!)!!!! Sorry I posted a link instead of a home-taken pic...my camera didn't do this yummy yarn justice!!! Look at those colors!!! My secret buddy included a handwritten note and an adorable card telling me why she picked the yarn and everything!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SECRET BUDDY!!!!

sara_jayne
06-17-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm drooling over what everyone is getting!!!! :cheering:

rebecca
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
:D Nice haul, Cristy...that's yummy yarn indeed :thumbsup:

horve1
06-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Cristy - Gorgeous! Is the link the color you got?

CarmenIbanez
06-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Here is the awesome stuff I got from my swap buddy! So cool. I have so many projects to-do my head might explode!

Andrea
06-18-2006, 01:40 AM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Misti Alpaca!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: NICE!!!!!!!!

mks22300
06-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Here's what was waiting for me when I got home from the dentist today!
It's called a sock kit and in it I got a skein of Regia yarn and a set of dpns. Can't wait to learn how to use them and make some socks!
Thank you secret yarn pal!! :cheering:
The picture is a bit blurry, might have to try and take it again in a better light.

carollovesyarn
06-18-2006, 04:42 AM
ooooh! Another soon-to-be sock knitter!

I love that color of Misti Alpaca!

KellyK
06-18-2006, 10:08 AM
SOOOOOOOOOO nice! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
06-18-2006, 12:03 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I'm loving everything :cheering: :cheering:

Cristy
06-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Cristy - Gorgeous! Is the link the color you got?

Yep--that exact color!

Cristy
06-18-2006, 12:36 PM
now I just have to figure out what to use it for--it's a 100 gram hank (I believe)--any suggestions?

kristinw
06-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I got my package from my pal last week!! :D :D The Lorna's Lace Angel is so soft! :heart: She sent a pattern for booties that I can make with it. Also the malabrigo merino wool is great (it is over 200 yards!)!! I love the colors of both of them!!

She also sent something for baby Nicholas too. So stinking sweet!!

Thank you so much! It is like Christmas in June! :happydance: :cheering:

mks22300
06-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Very nice kristinw!!

Pixywhispers
06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
hehehe, isnt this great! I am loving this! And loving all the pictures! And Brenda (and everyone behind the scenes!) Thank Yall sooooo much!

My sp is awesome! How did she know I wanted this book so bad! I am loving petting the baby Alpaca! It is sweet! She included some stitch holders, and some cool patterns! There was also a skien of some Moda Dea but my three year old Kate took off with it. She saw it and grabbed it right out of the box proclaiming it as hers! I think she said something like "This is for ME! I need to find some needles" heh.

Thanks SP!

carollovesyarn
06-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow! Some really nice packages posted today!!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-18-2006, 10:15 PM
OOH! Kristin! What color MMMmmmmalabrigo is that? Its SO preety! And, dontcha LOVE it? Softer than any other wool in the UNIVERSE!

rebecca
06-18-2006, 10:41 PM
:D This is very exciting...every time I check out KH I find that someone else has received a gift....nice haul everyone :thumbsup:

HollyP
06-18-2006, 11:13 PM
:D This is very exciting...every time I check out KH I find that someone else has received a gift...

I was just about to say the same thing! Everyone is getting such nice stuff :happydance:

Thanks again Brendajos and Mintdee for organizing this!!!!

KellyK
06-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Bren & Sandy... you really ARE the best! :notworthy: :heart: :notworthy: :heart: :notworthy:

mulene
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
wooo I went away for the weekend (and left the camera at home /sigh!) I get back and see all these wonderful packages! Rebecca must have spent a fortune ;) :roflhard:

Nice hauls everyone =D :cheering:

dustinac
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
:happydance: love looking at everyone's yarn and drooling over it!!!

now you guys don't feed brendajosososo ego to much or her e-mail buddies will have to get ya'll :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

JK brendajos you & mintdee did a wonderful job and thank you both for all the work you have put into this :heart:

ladyindica2000
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, thank you so much for all the work that was put into this! What a fun way to get to know eachother and get yummy surprise yarn at the same time!!

CarmenIbanez
06-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Yarn swap, uh huh, yarn swap, oh yeah, *carmen shaking her bootie*

:happydance:

brendajos
06-19-2006, 10:27 AM
:blush: I am not sure if i am more embarrassed by the nice things you all are saying or by watching Carmen! ;)

Seriously guys so far it has been very easy. Y'all have been an exceedingly easy group to deal with so far! :happydance:

Shandeh
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've made two new friends through this yarn swap. My receiver and my sender are such cool people. It's so nice to turn on my computer and see a message from one of them.

I've really enjoyed the whole thing. :D

Especially the yarn! :happydance:

gimmesanity
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
:evil: :wall: :evil: :wall: :evil: :wall:

Just got an email from my pal - my stuff is waiting for me at the FedEx, but it's not sked to be delivered until WED!!!

what's up with that??? grrrr.......

rebecca
06-19-2006, 03:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: OMGoodness.....I have the BEST PAL EVER :cheering: :cheering:
My gifts came today, yes...gifts :D
I went to get the mail (with camera in hand mind you..I had a feeling ;) )I was then SO EXCITED that I got the package, I then went over to the cherry tree and gently unwrapped it...and what do I find inside you ask?!
TWO skeins of my favoritest yarn...SWTC Bamboo...how cool is that!!!
But WAIT...that's not all...
There is the coolest fortune wheel that she made, and it reads: Let Me Tell Your Fortune, and when you dial it, the answers are: 1. "Cozy" is in your future....(how cool is that?!) 2. A handsome silver-haired man will shower you with gifts (so true, we all know Lonnie spoils me :D ). 3. More packages are in your future (gotta love that :D ). and 4. You will spread joy to everyone around you (isn't that sweet :D )
AND I got the cutest ever change purse shaped like a sock!!
AND I got the cutest ever zipper charm that's a ball of yarn with knitting needles in it
AND I got lovely hope earrings with pink beads :cheering: :cheering:
TOLD YOU...BEST PAL EVER!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:cheering: :cheering: THANKS SECRET PAL :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
06-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Neat! I love your gifts! You are one lucky knitter. :cheering:

Nimmie
06-19-2006, 03:52 PM
I LOVE the change purse!! That is sooooo cute! And that yarn looks wonderful!

sara_jayne
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
That coin purse is just toooooo cute!!!!! Everything looks great!

rebecca
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
:D Thanks, guys....isn't she THE BEST!!!! THANKS, AGAIN, PAL :heart:

sara_jayne
06-19-2006, 04:41 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My package came!!!

I can hear the mail truck from my office at home and as soon as I heard it the pups and I went for a walk (really, just to get the mail!!). I got a big envelope and when I opened it on the sidewalk (because I couldn't wait to get home) I was SOOO happy!! My pal sent me the Fiber Trends Felted Clog pattern (Knit Picks here I come for WOTA) and TWO hanks of Lorna's Hand Dyed Sock Yarn (color # 18, Watercolor). I've never gotten to see Lorna in person or touch it. I'm in LOVE!!!!!!! Thank you SOOOOO much pal - I'm so excited to start knitting with it....now I have to go find a pattern and get started!

Here is everything.....
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Blog/firstkhswapgift.jpg

Is this BEAUTIFUL!?????!! :inlove:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Blog/lorna.jpg

Thank you Pal!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart:

brendajos
06-19-2006, 04:54 PM
oooooooooooooh i like those colors!

i finally wound some of my Lornas into a ball last night and i must say just winding it up was so pretty...i may want to just keep it that way! ;)

yeah prolly not. fun stuff today ladies! :thumbsup:

mintdee
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Oooohhh everything looks so nice! I just got an e-mail from my sp and was informed that my package is schedualed to arrive on Thursday! :happydance:

(but that is so far away :shock: today is only Monday What am I going to do till then :shock: ;) )

I can not wait until Thursday.

rebecca
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Yummmmmmyyyy....that LL colorway is BEAUTIFUL :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
OOOOH Rebecca! Your SSP knows you TOO well! YAYY for you!

And, OH I have fallen IN LOVE with Lorna's since Chix started carrying it! If you ever decide yop buy more for yourself, check out the DK weight, too! Sock making just ZOOMS by!

I had the MOST unusual experience today!!

First, I came home NOT to a package, but to a funny little orange slip that told me to go to the Post Office! The pooches were confused when I put them BACK in their room without feeding them first, but they are NOT starving, believe you, me!

(I never understood that phrase "belive you, me" but my mother used it, so it must be good for something!)

I must say, before I continue, that I have an AWESOME Secret Pal!! MUAH MUAH MUAH!

I think the rest of my saga is best explained in pictoral form....

mulene
06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
:inlove: :cheering: :cheering: LOVELY hauls there ladies =D

carollovesyarn
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Great packages!!! SWTC and LL!!!!

Kelly, is the box with the ship on it English tea? Is that mohair soft enough for next to skin wearing? I'm thinking hat or scarf or even a mobius neck warmer. It's hard to tell how much yardage is there.

This is fun!

My pal emailed to say she hoped to get my package out in the next couple of days. I guess she is away from home right now. Hmmm, wonder if I can use this info to figure out who it is...

brendajos
06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
pick me pick me! i know!

Kelly you were tooooo verbose. your running commentary got cut off!

carollovesyarn
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
pick me pick me! i know!

:P

brendajos
06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
pick me pick me! i know!

:P

:angelgrin:

KellyK
06-19-2006, 08:58 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Kelly, is the box with the ship on it English tea? Is that mohair soft enough for next to skin wearing? I'm thinking hat or scarf or even a mobius neck warmer. It's hard to tell how much yardage is there.
It IS English tea! I cant wait for the next time I feel FAHN-cy!

And, I would say it is NOT soft enough for next-to-skin wear. I am contemplating a shrug to wear over a long-sleeved T-shirt for Spring/Fall. Its 437 yards!!!

I cant find any patterns for this particular yarn online yet.... Im gonna keep looking! Its a boucle.... Ive never knit with Hair of Mo OR boucle before! Im looking forward to the new experience!!

rebecca
06-19-2006, 09:03 PM
:D Nice haul, KK....love it...love the cheerios, love everything...but, love mine more :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm very curious about your pal...LOL, I use all the packing tape I can find when wrapping for Christmas, it's very similar to my packing style...WTG, Kelley's swap person :cheering: :cheering:

brendajos
06-19-2006, 09:12 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops:

lol i am not complaining i just wanna know what the rest said!!

Sara
06-19-2006, 09:25 PM
My SP says that my yarn is handspun merino. It is gorgeous! I'm so happy with it. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

mks22300
06-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Everyone got such wonderful stuff today!! :cheering:

sara_jayne
06-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Kelly your stuff is soooo pretty! :cheering:

I love this swap!!!

Shandeh
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
What lovely yarn everyone has now!

I imagine that we are all sitting at home, cuddling our yarn around our faces, while sugarplums dance in our heads!
:D

Friskums
06-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Not me. :(

I got a notice that there's a package for me at the post office though. Oh, I hope I hope I hope it's my yarn!

DragonTush
06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
No yarn here yet either. I'm awaiting anxiously and keep reminding myself that it didn't have to be sent out until the 17th. I'm rubbing my little hands together in anticipation though :D Especially after seeing everyone elses stuff. :thumbsup:

HollyP
06-20-2006, 12:39 AM
I feel so sorry for all of you who haven't gotten your packages yet! I am so glad my sp sent mine a before the deadline. I would have died with anticipation of I had had to wait much longer!

Bigs hugs and patience to all you! :heart:

Andrea
06-20-2006, 03:49 AM
:cheering: I can't wait for mine! :cheering:

You gals got some :inlove: beautiful :inlove: stuff!!! :cheering:

horve1
06-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Sitting here drooling! Everyone is getting amazing things! The yarn, of course, but also all the extras, the surprise packaging and especially the thought and caring that's going into this.

This is the best swap of any kind I've ever been involved in! I really hope we do it again. Major hugs to our organizers!!!!!

mulene
06-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Fahhhnseeeyy English tea! Drink it at 4pm and call it Tiffin =D Don't forget to hold out your pinky as you raise the cup ;)

- Mully (teaching how to drink tea authentically since 06/20/06 - see I even Americanised the date!) :D

Toast King
06-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I GOT MY PACKAGE!I GOT MY PACKAGE! I GOT MY PACKAGE! I GOT MY PACKAGE!

Cue Toasty's happy dance: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/binettes/R_CHAM1.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/binettes/R_CHAM1.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/binettes/R_CHAM1.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/binettes/R_CHAM1.gifhttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/binettes/R_CHAM1.gif

Didn't manage to get a piccie in all the envelope-ripping excitement this morning but I will make sure I post one later... needless to say the yarn is deeeeeeeeeeelicious - THANK YOU, SECRET PAL!!!

KellyK
06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Fahhhnseeeyy English tea! Don't forget to hold out your pinky as you raise the cup ;)

InDEED. :|

mulene
06-20-2006, 08:24 AM
I visited a friend in the states last October. Was drinking a coffee and he started laughing really hard. I asked him what he was laughing at and he pointed to my little finger and said "I really didn't think that people did that" - I'd never noticed that I do :oops:

javede
06-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm not british, but I do that pinky finger thing too!
It just seems natural :blush:

Shandeh
06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Me too, and I'm a southerner!

My heritage is English, Irish, Scottish, and Cherokee.....so I guess I have tendencies from all of them!

Shandeh
06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
My Yarn Swap Pal sent the cutest little card with a teaser hint:

What do a grocery store, appliance store, and animal farm have in common???

KellyK
06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
What do a grocery store, appliance store, and animal farm have in common???

CASH-MERE!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:shifty:

:??

Shandeh
06-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Now THAT would be cool! Hmmmmm......

The only cashmere I have is what I unravelled from some thrift store cashmere sweaters. It's like BUTTA!

JessicaSant
06-20-2006, 05:04 PM
I got some GORGEOUS blue yarn

And stitch markers! I love cute stitch markers!

And a pattern (http://www.estelledesigns.ca/images/FreePaterns/RIBANDCABLETOP.htm) to use it all with! Wahoo!

rebecca
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: GORGEOUS, I love the color :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I cannot say I am familar with that yarn! What is it? Its a GORGEOUS color!

carollovesyarn
06-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I know! It's WEBS brand, Longmeadow http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1001-1294-1323/0/33/

And it's very purty. :cheering:

Andrea
06-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh purty!!!! :inlove:

KellyK
06-20-2006, 10:27 PM
OOOH! That IS purty! And, only $3.49 per skein!! WOW! Maybe Ill have to look a little more into the WEBS yarns for my gift certificate!

Ingrid
06-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I have two of the Valley Yarns--a wool/alpaca blend and a multicolored merino--black with specks of color--that are very nice! :thumbsup:

Deeknit
06-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Here it is!!! I got my shipment Tuesday evening when I got home and I love it.

From left to right: Crystal Palace Deco Ribbon, Katia Pinta Print and Crystal Palace Mikado Ribbon.

I told my swap buddy how much I had been drawn to ribbon yarns. I love them.

Thanks you swap buddy!!!!!!!

catownedanna
06-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I brought my gifts to work today, so I could take pictures of what I got from my Secret Pal. :heart: :heart: :heart: Isn't she the best??? :heart: :heart: :heart:

THANK YOU!!!

dustinac
06-21-2006, 09:34 AM
:inlove: ohh everyone is recieving such pretty yarn!! I love the neck warmer :cheering:

horve1
06-21-2006, 10:06 AM
I think I'm going to drown drooling about everyone's wonderful yarn! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

rebecca
06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Such lovelies :cheering: :cheering: Everyone has great secret pals :thumbsup:

brendajos
06-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey Swappin' Ladies....I have a request for you so I don't have to fret (and really it is all about me!) I know several of you sent packages in May. Can you get in contact with your swap buddies to let them know if they should be expecting another June package or not (assuming you haven't already that is!) This way I don't hafta worry about whether there are missing packages out there in the world! ;)

ALSO...I only heard from one person (I don't know if Sandra heard from others or not) who said their package was going out a little bit late. If anybody hasn't received their package by Monday evening please e-mail us so we can get in contact with your partner!

Cristy
06-21-2006, 10:18 AM
And just think guys....we have another month of this to look forward to!!!

KellyK
06-21-2006, 10:59 AM
MMMmmmm.... July shall be the month of rolling in MORE YUMMY SOFTNESS!!! The month of YARN YOU WANT TO SLEEP ON! :inlove:

Toast King
06-21-2006, 11:33 AM
So true! How exciting! Everyone is receiving such lovely gifts :D

Here's the yarn I received from my swap pal yesterday - yarn so delicious, I nearly ate it all up :rofling: Here it is served with a little wool wash, also sent to me by my lovely swap buddy:

http://static.flickr.com/67/172002177_5d3f21e3b5.jpg

For the yarn geeks ( ;) ;) ;) ), here's a piccie of the label:

http://static.flickr.com/62/172002181_bc074462a2.jpg

My pictures haven't really done the colour of the yarn justice, it's lots of lovely deep blue tones - like the sea (listen.... swoooosh swooooosh splashhhhhh). I love it!

Am thinking of making a bag or a moebius scarf from it.... decisions decisions.

Thank you swap buddy!

rebecca
06-21-2006, 11:53 AM
:D Love, love your photo...yarn serving is always wonderful ;) Especially with such yummy yarn!

snephenie
06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
That Blue is just an awesome color

sara_jayne
06-21-2006, 12:28 PM
:inlove: :inlove:

That is just beautiful!!!

photogirl72
06-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Whoa! That blue is amazing. At least it is on my screen.

HollyP
06-21-2006, 01:48 PM

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

I can't wait!!! This really is so much fun!
Everyone is getting such beautiful yarn. It is so nice to see people being so generous and giving such awesome yarn.

Shandeh
06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
We are just such great yarn-givers, aren't we?
;)
We ROCK! :thumbsup:

gimmesanity
06-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Yay!! I got my stuff!!! It came yesterday afternoon - a whole day earlier than expected! :cheering: :cheering:

http://imarried.jongilmore.com/blog/uploaded_images/khswap1.jpg

Elmo: (in high-pitched voice) "Woooww! Look what Elmo got in the mail!!!"

http://imarried.jongilmore.com/blog/uploaded_images/khswap2.jpg

Elmo: "Now I'm ready for a night of hoochin and boozin Vegas-style!!"
(OK, so maybe Elmo wouldn't say that...it would probably be more like a night of cookies and milk...)

http://imarried.jongilmore.com/blog/uploaded_images/khswap4.jpg
The goods: Scrumdiliumptious sock yarn...the colors are awesome. Just perfect for some socks (and for fondling)!! Also, a yarn cutter (we'll be flying to CA in two weeks, so I'll totally be taking this with me!), some Vegas cards, and a note. :D

http://imarried.jongilmore.com/blog/uploaded_images/khswap3.jpg
Brutus: "Great, MORE yarn, just what this house needs..."

Thanks, KH-swapper-chick!! You rock!
This is so fitting because DH and I will be going to Vegas for a few days when we're out in CA. We'll be there July 9th, swap partner.... ;) :roflhard: :roflhard: LOVE the Elmo pics :)

CindyH
06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Brutus: "Great, MORE yarn, just what this house needs..."

that pic and the caption totally made me crack up, hehe. I love looking at everyone's goodies - scrumptious stuff. I wish I'd known about this swap before the deadline!! :( Any chance there will be another one after this one?

KellyK
06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
OMG, TOASTY! That is some GORGEOUS yarn!!! I love the twist on it... it looks edible!

And, GS... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I could HEAR Elmo's voice there.... THANKS. :rollseyes: Socks are the PERFECT project to take to Vegas! Just make sure that they dont STAY in Vegas! :fingerwag:

rebecca
06-21-2006, 02:59 PM
GS and Elmo...love your haul :cheering: :cheering: That's great looking sock yarn :thumbsup:

snephenie
06-21-2006, 05:25 PM
So I know that the *rules* were that we would do a KAL in August with our lovely yarn, but I just couldn't help it and knit up a booga with my debbie bliss :)

Will post pics when I get home :)

Shandeh
06-21-2006, 06:32 PM
P'sha! Rules?

We don't need no stinkin' RULES!

Secksiebrat
06-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I received my June yarn on Monday. I've been sick all weekend and still sick so it was very nice to get something fun in the mail. It just so happened I also received my Old Navy flip flops from my sister and AND and a book from my paperbackswap.com site. My hubby was laughing as I was totally dancing around the house over yarn, 2.50 flip flops and a used book :) He just doesn't understand! So here are the pictures! The yarn is beautiful and I found a neat tank top pattern I think I'm going to use the yarn on when I can get 3 more skeins! I love the little design on the notecards. When this is all over, I'd love to find out where the notecards come from!

~danielle~

itsbecca1979
06-21-2006, 08:48 PM
This looks like a blast! I'm glad you ladies are having such fun! :happydance: :XX:

snephenie
06-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok here it is...pre-felted. I can't wait to throw this in tonight :)

mintdee
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I love that bag!! Everybodies yarn porn is soo pretty! :drooling: I can not wait to get my package! :happydance:

mulene
06-22-2006, 04:27 AM
:roflhard: LOVE elmo! Love everyones goodies too =D

rebecca
06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Secksiebrat, the cards came from Kemp's store...well, she has them, anyway! Love your yarn & hope you feel better soon :D
Snephanie...bag is looking good :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I have also seen those cards at Michaels in the $1 bin! I "collected all five" myself! There's a hat, poncho, tank, mittens and scarf. Mine are VERY near gone Ive used them so often.

rebecca
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
OOOOOOO, thanks, KK, I see a visit to Michaels in the near future :thumbsup:

Angelia
06-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Oooh, everyone's getting such lovely yarn! (The whole Elmo thing is still cracking me up!)

I posted this in my blog Tuesday, but forgot to post it here! :doh:

My swap buddy continues to be tricksy. First, the return address was in FL. Not so the second time...Tricksy indeed. :thinking:

But, I don't care--I got KARAOKE MERMAID!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: (It wants to be a scarf, but it hasn't decided what type yet...)

And, apparently my swap buddy thinks I like cats.... :rofling:

sara_jayne
06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Snephanie that bag looks great so far!

Danielle that tape yarn is so pretty!

Angelia karaoke! :inlove: :inlove:

Andrea
06-22-2006, 12:22 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hmmm...I didn't know you were a cat person :thinking:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

sara_jayne
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hmmm...I didn't know you were a cat person :thinking:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

We need KellyK's pic in here to show how many more cats she needs before she's a cat person! ;)

robynbird
06-22-2006, 12:29 PM
oooo This looks like such fun!! I hope there is another one I can join. :)

rebecca
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
But, I don't care--I got KARAOKE MERMAID!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: (It wants to be a scarf, but it hasn't decided what type yet...)

Yeah, Baby....my fave karaoke colorway....love it!!!! Nice haul :thumbsup:

Angelia
06-22-2006, 02:35 PM
I thought you might appreciate Mermaid, Becka ;)

KellyK
06-22-2006, 04:20 PM

We need KellyK's pic in here to show how many more cats she needs before she's a cat person! ;)

Yeah... and Ang never told us which spot she actually CHOSE....

Here's my schematic of available Ursula Insertion Points:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/ursula_fits_right_in.jpg

Andrea
06-22-2006, 04:47 PM
When she was here, it was the spot between the face and whatever I was knitting!! :thumbsup:

photogirl72
06-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, that is a lot of cats! I miss having indoor kitties. All mine are outside now. Step-dad doesn't believe in animals being inside the house. Whatever!

wildforyarn
06-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I got mine, I got mine!! I got my package today in the mail. I got a skein of Lorna's Lace's Shepherd Worsted in Gold Hill. Oh my gosh, the colors are so pretty! :heart: :heart: :heart: I never had this yarn before. It is soo soft and yummy! Also some stitch holders, which were needed and some chocolate! I love chocolate!! I have to take a picture and show you, but I did not get to do that yet! Thank you, thank you!!

mulene
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
:roflhard: love the cat pic! The 5 live ones seem pretty sedate for cats around yarn =D Wish Missy was that sedated when I knit - I'm having to go to my mothers to avoid her going mad on the yarn lol

rebecca
06-22-2006, 08:26 PM
:D Nice score, Sara...Lorna's Laces rocks :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
OMG I LOVE LOrna's Laces... I fondle it every time I go to Chix. We dont carry worsted, though. :( Only bulky & DK.

mintdee
06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
:happydance: :happydance: I got my package today! No yarn porn yet though cause I took pics of it, put the camera in my purse cause I had to go help hubby take care of the tire that blew out (ugh) stuck my purse in my bedroom, then proceeded with my day. So now my camera is in the bedroom with a sleeping baby. (wow that was longwinded :doh: )
Anyway!
I got 3 skeins of Crystal Palace Yarns Poof yarn. This stuff is soooooooo soft. My oldest girls both grabbed the balls and proclaimed "I need a scarf mom!" Then there was a bunch of arguing until I proclaimed it all mine! hehehe anywho I will post the pics as soon as it is safe to enter the bedroom :roflhard:

CindyH
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
:roflhard:
That pic of the cats is hilarious!!

Jan in CA
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM

Yeah, what she said. Maybe next spring you'll do another?

horve1
06-23-2006, 02:39 PM

Yeah, what she said. Maybe next spring you'll do another?

NOOOOOO!!!!! Spring is too long to wait!

(But I know it's a lot of work, so maybe that is realistic. And thanks again to our awesome organizers!)

brendajos
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
lol....as easy as you guys have been to deal with so far, I am more than happy to hand over the super-secret password to the swap e-mail to whomever wants to do the next swap! ;) (if they want to use that e-mail of course!) i was thinking a fall/winter type swap would be good but there is plenty of time for someone to take that up if they want! :thumbsup:

Friskums
06-23-2006, 04:03 PM
My yarn is waiting for me at home! :happydance: :cheering: :cheering:

I'm so excited to get home now!

Friskums
06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I got my package! (I'm sorry the pics are so fuzzy. I don't know what's up with the camera. :? )

Yarn: 2 skeins of Sirdar Denim Ultra
>Loverly cotton/wool blend. And such pretty colors! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
http://ekittie.com/images/knitting/yarn.jpg
Magazine: My first knitting mag ever! Creative Knitting May 2006. I've already spotted a pattern I've GOT to make. :rofling:
http://ekittie.com/images/knitting/mag.jpg
Pattern: Denim Ultra patterns for 3 different kinds of purses. I've just started looking at purses to make for my mom. It's like my yarn pal can read my mind!
http://ekittie.com/images/knitting/purse.jpg
http://ekittie.com/images/knitting/all.jpg
And a poem. It's awesome! If I get her approval I'll post it.

Thank you yarn pal!! You rock! ^_^ <3 <3 <3

beckyrhae
06-23-2006, 10:40 PM
I got my goods... I got my goods! I'm so excited.

I have Knit One Crochet Too Soy yarn!!!!! It feels soooo lucious. My SP thought so too... notice how ragged the skeins appear... LOL.

AND a Scottish COOKBOOK!! Yay!!

brendajos
06-23-2006, 10:45 PM
ooooooh i like those colors and that cook book looks like it holds many yummies....nothing is better than cookbook pics! :thumbsup:

DragonTush
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
:crying: I just recieved an email from my secret pal. My yarn was sent back to sender. The poor dear was upset to see it back in her mailbox.

Frickenfracken post office.

Its okay though..at least I know its coming and I'm way more excited now knowing it will be on its way soon.

Don't fret yourself secret pal. :thumbsup: It will work out and you'll get a refund from those silly post people and they can just look on with jealousy as my beautiful yarn heads my way.

Although......maybe it really went back because my yarn pal wants the yarn for herself???? The plot thickens..... :roflhard:

Sorry ..couldn't resist.

I'm a brat.

:D

Shandeh
06-24-2006, 12:06 AM
This thread is like a birthday party! :present: :balloons:

HollyP
06-24-2006, 12:26 AM
It definitely is a celebration! Every time I open it new goodies to look at! :cheering:

Secksiebrat
06-24-2006, 01:32 AM
We should do a secret pal at christmas time. Just for christmas yarn exchange. Hmmmm more goodies.. I See lots of goodies in my future!

~danielle~

KellyK
06-24-2006, 09:11 AM
OOOOH... that Wick yarn is REAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLY soft!! YUM! LOVE that colorway!

horve1
06-24-2006, 09:28 AM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: More yarnporn! Wow! Everyone's being so good to everyone. This is the best thing ever!

Dragon - at least you know what happened, and now the wonderful anticipation isn't over. I think half the fun is the excitement of knowing something is on its way to you!

PS - I :heart: my Buddy!

rebecca
06-24-2006, 12:33 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I LOVE reading thru here!!! Becky...I used the Wick yarn for my gd's Short Snort Tank (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2006%20a%20new%20year%20in%20KNITTING/DSCN1705.jpg) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it :thumbsup:

wildforyarn
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Where do you find Wick yarn... I did a google search and came up with nothing. Who makes it?

carollovesyarn
06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Where do you find Wick yarn... I did a google search and came up with nothing. Who makes it?The logo looks like K1C2.

Yup! http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/K1C2_Yarn-Wick_Yarn-2357.html

http://www.knitonecrochettoo.com/wick.htm

rebecca
06-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I got mine @ theknitter (http://theknitter.com/wick.html)...excellent service :thumbsup:

Angelia
06-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Becka, that tank is gorgeous!!! What is Wick like to knit with? Slick or just smooth and soft?

KellyK
06-25-2006, 11:51 PM
I just got an email from my FABULOUS SSP!! :heart: :heart: :heart: And wouldnt YOU all be jealous if I was the FIRST to get my JULY GIFT!! :P

snephenie
06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I just got an email from my FABULOUS SSP!! :heart: :heart: :heart: And wouldnt YOU all be jealous if I was the FIRST to get my JULY GIFT!! :P

Brat!

Secksiebrat
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Ya know, it's not nice to brag when there are 50 of us all in the same boat! We might just push ya over board :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
06-26-2006, 05:31 AM
I just had a funny thought. What if we post pics of the package we are about to send in July? A "tempting" shot, you know. That way, when we open our packages, we'll immediately know who sent it to us!

gimmesanity
06-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Kel, just for that, I'm holding off on sending you your package...you may just be last now.... No Yarn For You!! :rofling:

KellyK
06-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Well, Im not worried, as my first package didnt come from anywhere NEAR "Funkytown"! :P You're just trying to PSYCH ME OUT! Im NOT fallin' for it, sister! :fingerwag:

rebecca
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Becka, that tank is gorgeous!!! What is Wick like to knit with? Slick or just smooth and soft?

It's quite nice to work with; it's very spongy feeling. I enjoyed the process. As ya'll know, I LOVE knitting with stuff like soysilk and bamboo, so I was excited to use it for Allysa's tank, altho it did end up being a bit pricey for a tank for a 3 yr. old bc I used 3 skeins...but I thought it perfect for a child because it's supposed to do as the name says & wick moisture away from the body :D

snephenie
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Rebecca-
Where is the pattern for the Short short snort?

ladyindica2000
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I just had a funny thought. What if we post pics of the package we are about to send in July? A "tempting" shot, you know. That way, when we open our packages, we'll immediately know who sent it to us!

I really like that idea. We could start a new thread and it could be pics of what you are sending. That would be neat.

mintdee
06-26-2006, 04:19 PM
I just realized that I forgot to post pics! Sorry SP! I love :inlove: my yarn.

rebecca
06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Rebecca-
Where is the pattern for the Short short snort?

Right here (http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/ShortSnortTank.pdf) ;)

snephenie
06-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I forgot who it was that wanted the Chrystal Palace Party yarn but I found some here:

http://tinyurl.com/kdwa6

butterflymama
06-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Just wait until you see what my secret swapper sent me. Just wait. I am getting the pics off of my dh's puter and when I do...!!!!! :shock:

:cheering:

Emeraldcutie
06-27-2006, 10:56 AM
What a perfect day, not only is it my day off, but I get my ss package too. And although we could all argue, I think mine is the best..lol...

First off the box was huge, and inside there was not one bag but two..lol.. One for me and one for my daughter. It was sooo sweet.

I'll let the pictures show it all, btw I think my cat approves of your choices, and is very much in love with the encore.

These are both yarns I have never used and can't wait to try.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

My daughter gets home at noon for lunch, So Will post her gift then..lol

Emeraldcutie
06-27-2006, 12:58 PM
My daughter made it home for lunch, and was very excited to see the gift, at first she was like, wow mom you got two packages. Then after closer inspection a wide grin went across her face (and a little voice says, hey my name is on this bag)

She really loved the colour selection, and has made it very clear that, she is making herself a face cloth, not something that will be used for chores, because the yarn is too pretty for that..lol

Thank You Swap Partner :) :heart: :thumbsup:

rebecca
06-27-2006, 02:48 PM
:D That's so sweet of me :--- to think of your daughter :--- OOPs, gave myself away. :---

Okay, okay, okay, I stop stealing credit :rollseyes:

All kidding aside...lovely, lovely gifts and so sweet of your swap pal to think of your daughter :D

Can't wait to see your pics, butterfly :D

Secksiebrat
06-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I found the crystal Palace yarn at my mom's yarn store. They are trying to find the right dye lot for me now. Thanks so much though!

~danielle~

Emeraldcutie
06-27-2006, 07:36 PM
After much searching on the internet, and debating on the use of my first ever alpaca. Iam going to make this beautiful scarf, it just seems to fit it. And the most bizare thing of all, is that my partner picked a shade that matches the blue and periwinkle of my ski jacket perfectly.

http://www.knittingwisdom.com/patterns/scarves/pattern-instructions/purl-girl-scarf.htm
Here's the link for anyone who wants it.

sara_jayne
06-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Emerladcutie -

:inlove: I love that scarf pattern - I just found that the other day when I was on a scarf quest. The yarn looks yummy too!

Your cat looks like he likes he's enjoying the yarn (or maybe it is the tissue paper!).

brendajos
06-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Replay from earlier! :thumbsup:

Hey Swappin' Ladies....I have a request for you so I don't have to fret (and really it is all about me!) I know several of you sent packages in May. Can you get in contact with your swap buddies to let them know if they should be expecting another June package or not (assuming you haven't already that is!) This way I don't hafta worry about whether there are missing packages out there in the world! :thumbsup:

Emeraldcutie
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
The cat liked the yarn at first, but is really a big tissue paper freak. The oscillating fan in the living room kept the tissue paper floating all over, the cat was amused for hours..lol

rebecca
06-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, how odd...no action here today.... :thinking: :?? ....I'm used to reading about someone's gift each day...I miss it.

Friskums
06-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Well, the day isn't over yet. ;)

brendajos
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
lol i think that most packages have arrived so now the anticipation for July starts! I do know of a couple of packages that are still enroute so it is possible that more will arrive today! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
06-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Here's a photo just to appease the hungry eyes of this mob. :D

My swap pal sent me a surprise package of her favorite tea! Celestial Seasonings Teahouse Chai "Honey Vanilla White Tea". :inlove:

horve1
06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I can hardly believe it! My unbelievably kind, generous, thoughtful Buddy sent me another package - and it was, she says, still for JUNE! I am knocked for a loop, flat on my back, bowled over... Please someone provide more ways of saying how great my Buddy is!

I came home yesterday to a package with a pretty pink bag filled with 7 balls of Wool-Ease that were wound for me!; 2 skeins of Wildfoote Lullaby sock yarn; a pack of really cute little note cards; "The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting;" "Posh Pooches" which is a kit of a book of patterns to knit for my dog and really cute needles with dogs on top; a bookmark; a candy necklace (that disappeared before I could take a picture - and neither DD nor DS will confess!); and a very sweet note!

Here's your yarnporn..... and pics of the socks I just finished with the yarn from my Buddy.

Shandeh
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Lucky you! What a great package you received. That's phenomenal! :D

KellyK
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
OOOH! Andrea and I have "Posh Pooches"!! There is an ADORABLE pattern for a baseball jersey in there... Peanut is modeling it somewhere in Andrea's blog. TOO cute! I cant wait to hear what you think of Wildfoote... Ive eyed it at different LYSs on several occasions!

NICE NICE HAULLLL!!!

Shandeh
06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
That reminds me. I have some Wildfoote Luxury Yarn in my sock yarn stash. I need to try it!

rebecca
06-28-2006, 06:41 PM
:D Am I MARVELOUS, or what?! Look @ what I :--- sent :--- Sandy :--- and :--- horve1 :--- :cheering: :cheering:

Yes, I said yesterday that I would stop taking the credit for sending all of the packages...I must have been kidding :rofling: :roflhard:

All kidding aside, that's very nice, Sandy, she knows you well ;)
Horve1, I LOVE your socks!!! AND, I have that doggie fashion book, too :D Shannon gave it to me for Christmas, I love it! And....nice haul :thumbsup:

wildforyarn
06-28-2006, 06:48 PM
My swap pal sent me a surprise package of her favorite tea! Celestial Seasonings Teahouse Chai "Honey Vanilla White Tea". :inlove:

So, what does the tea taste like? I love getting vanilla chai lattes from Starbucks... I would love to make something just as yummy at home for an afternoon of knitting and tea. Let me know the verdict on the tea.

Shandeh
06-29-2006, 02:09 AM
I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. I'm just finishing up a box of Irish Breakfast, and it only has a few bags left. I really STRETCH out my tea bags. I make 3 cups from each tea bag!

Here's how I do it:

I have a little teapot (Mrs Tea) that I use several times a day. I fill it with water and put in ONE little teabag. It makes 3 full cups, and they taste JUST LIKE they each got their own bag! I was amazed the first time I tried it. Now, I can really get a lot of tea for my money.

The best part is that I got the Mrs Tea at a Goodwill store for just 5 dollars. :thumbsup:

Andrea
06-29-2006, 05:21 AM
OOOH! Andrea and I have "Posh Pooches"!! There is an ADORABLE pattern for a baseball jersey in there... Peanut is modeling it somewhere in Andrea's blog. TOO cute! I cant wait to hear what you think of Wildfoote... Ive eyed it at different LYSs on several occasions!

NICE NICE HAULLLL!!!
What she said!!! She beat me to it!! You'll LOVE that PP book!! :inlove:

dustinac
06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I had to knit something up right away with the yarn my sp sent me so I made the brea bag... here it is.. I even lined the crazy thing and I wish I had now waited for mom to show me how :rollseyes:

I used up the 2 skeins my sp sent me and I had ordered a 3rd just in case from Kemp but didn't have to use it.. so will do a scarf or something out of it :thumbsup:

Everyone is getting such lovely things can't wait for July to get here :cheering:

Emeraldcutie
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
I thought I was one of the very few that enjoyed irish breakfast tea. We have a specialty store that stocks it, I don't steep mine long either as I find it get get too strong. It is loose leaf, at the store I go to so I have to use one of those little metal thing ma jiggys..lol
If anyone is a tea nut, watch for one called ice wine, it is a very yummy, treat type tea.

I love your pruse, its on my to do list, I love anything with cables and celtic design. Since I learned to do cables without the cable needle, it is a breeze.

rebecca
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
:D dusti, it's GORGEOUS...love, love it :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETY!

dustinac
06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you I loved working with the yarn it was softer than most wools I've touched of course I haven't touched that many lol but it was a delight to work with and the color is really pretty.. When I head home I think we (mom and me) are going to remove the button and put in a zipper.. I'd be more likely to carry it then and not worry about my things falling out :D

mulene
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
OT: I like tea too - Irish tea is good, I'm from an Irish family and the kettle was always on in our house. I quite like a good strong tea, and (yes I know you'll all go ewwww) I don't have my tea strained =P

For a 2 person pot of tea its 2 spoons of loose leaf tea and one spoon for the pot. Left to steep a bit, stirred then poured onto milk already in the china cup - cup needs to be china it tastes better *laugh*

Yorkshire tea is also good =D

I do have a very strong liking for herbal teas too - especially Clipper organic green Chai, and Twinings Lemon & Ginger in the mornings is YUMO!

OK end of OT back to yarny things apologies for the interruption =D

monzogary
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Ok, I'm waaaaaay behind in getting this posted. My pal sent me a package that I got almost 2 weeks ago, but I haven't been home to take pics of it or even play with it yet! So, better later than never I guess.
The brown hanks are a lovely rowanspun 4 ply - I have never had a yarn from Rowan before and this is just gorgeous! It's a nice 100% wool in chocolately brown with red, orange, yellow and light green speckles. The thick/thin ball in front is some handspun in nice muted shades of orange, yellow, green and red. Then the two skeins of Bernat socks in nice bright colors - my 14 yo has already told me she wants something made out of it.
Thanks a bunch to my swap partner!!!

sara_jayne
06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Beautiful!!! :inlove:

knitqueen
06-30-2006, 11:17 AM
monzogary,
Here's a pair of socks I made with that same Bernat Sox yarn. They are so FUN!!! :happydance:

rebecca
06-30-2006, 02:39 PM
:D Nice haul, Mary!!! Yummy yarns :thumbsup:

Love your socks, KQ :D

photogirl72
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I got my package, I got my package!!!! I will post pix later, but just to tell... I got two skeins of aMAIZing in blue/green/white and a set of notecards. Yay!!!! I'll take pix later. Promise.

beckyrhae
07-01-2006, 01:16 AM
I started socks with the yarn from my SP

photogirl72
07-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Wow, nice colors!!!! I so want to try to knit a pair of socks, but I'm just not brave enough yet.

beckyrhae
07-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Wow, nice colors!!!! I so want to try to knit a pair of socks, but I'm just not brave enough yet.

Oh! Be brave!

I used Silver's tutorial... it makes it so easy.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm

Andrea
07-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Oh I looooove the way that WICK looks!!! I might have to find me some of that!!

beckyrhae
07-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Oh I looooove the way that WICK looks!!! I might have to find me some of that!!

You mean you didnt buy some with Angelia when you were visiting???

:shock:

Andrea
07-01-2006, 03:16 AM
No, I had already picked out Koigu and other sock yarn! I didn't see any WICK there :thinking:

photogirl72
07-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Oh! Be brave!

I used Silver's tutorial... it makes it so easy.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm

Wow, this does look like a good tutorial. I am going to have to try it out. Thank you.

CindyH
07-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Silver's tutorial IS easy to follow - you can do it!

...now if only I could find a similarly easy tutorial for socks with short row heels!

Angelia
07-02-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't like short row heels...I could never get rid of the holes. :( Then again, I'm a more experienced knitter now, so maybe I'll try them again and do some tweaking. :thinking:

CindyH
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't like short row heels...I could never get rid of the holes. :( Then again, I'm a more experienced knitter now, so maybe I'll try them again and do some tweaking. :thinking:

So I guess it's not just me? My first attempt at short row heels has holes and other mishaps in it, but I figured it was because I didn't pull the wrap tightly enough....But I'll try it out again on the 2nd sock, and if it STILL turns out wonky....it'll be back to traditional heel flaps for me!

rebecca
07-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid that short row heels take a bit of practice...but, they fit so nicely once they are done :thumbsup:

Angelia
07-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm afraid that short row heels take a bit of practice...but, they fit so nicely once they are done :thumbsup:

That's what I keep hearing, which is why I haven't abandoned the notion altogether! And I trust you, Oh Sock Queen! :heart: :heart:

Shandeh
07-02-2006, 09:19 PM
So, what does the tea taste like? I love getting vanilla chai lattes from Starbucks... I would love to make something just as yummy at home for an afternoon of knitting and tea. Let me know the verdict on the tea.

I tried the tea a couple days ago, and it's yummy! It's spicy because of the "chai" and smooth because of the vanilla. For some reason, it makes me think of Christmas when I'm drinking it. It's more of a "dessert" tea than a breakfast tea, so I'll probably be drinking it in the evenings before I go to bed.

I still like my Irish Breakfast Tea for mornings, because it's so robust.

carollovesyarn
07-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I've been a procrastinating recipient! Here's what my pal sent me. The vintage yarn is from the 50's or 60's and is 100% wool boucle and is feltable. Very different yarn. Then 2 sks blue variegated Regia 4 ply - excellent with blue jeans which is what I usually wear. And some stitch markers, especially useful since I just broke all my big ones working on my afghan project. Thanks pal!

I was thinking at first of using the wool in some crazy slippers, but then I came across a free pattern, Fiesta del Sol purse (http://www.knitscene.com/2006/web_projects.asp)and it's almost the same colors! I think I can do it if I sub some of the purple for the green. I have some gold on hand.

(and no those aren't spots on my bed - it's the design! :lol: )

horve1
07-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Very pretty colors! You should have a blast with this great haul.

Angelia
07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Oooh, nice!!! :inlove: :inlove:

mks22300
07-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Very nice!!

brendajos
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
hmmm...it is July 3rd......has Kelly rcvd her package yet? wasn't she braggin' on how early she was going to get her July package? :rofling:

DragonTush
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm still waiting for my first package. *checks mailbox* Nope, nothing yet. Did I mention how bad I am about presents? This is killing me :roflhard: ...and I wonder where my kids get it from.

You all will hear me yelling in glee when it gets here though. :D

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Have we decided if we are going to be revealing who we are in the 2nd package? :?:

brendajos
07-04-2006, 01:11 AM
i think that seemed to be the consensus so i would say yeppers! :thumbsup:

ladyindica2000
07-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Just an FYI, I would like to post pics of what I am sending to my swap pal either tonight or tomorrow. Carolina Red made the way cool suggestion of posting pics of what we are about to send and I thought that this would be a nice way of announcing who you are and building anticipation of what you are getting.

Does anyone have any objections?

Trish

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, since I thought of it, I'M ALL FOR IT! :lol:

I think that we should not say who will be receiving it when we post the photos. Just let everyone wonder, "Is that my package?" Woo hoo!

I think it will add a touch of excitement to the fun we're already having.

I'll post my pictures tomorrow too. Yee ha! :happydance:

brendajos
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM
lol as much as i like to peek at packages, i think i would like for my swap partner to not post the pics since there wouldn't be much of a surprise if she did :rofling:

brendajos
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
as I think about it though, how about teaser photos instead of full on shots. that way there are still surprises ....

and i would suggest that you might want to still keep your address hidden on the box if you are going to post so that there is still some anticipation in opening packages.

oooh and when you send do make sure you include an address for you. I have had several people ask for this information already (but they might just be trying to be sneaky! ;) )

ladyindica2000
07-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Good idea about the sneaky pics. I can certainly be sneaky!! I can't wait to get home and take some very mysterious pics...

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Good plan.....good plan! Sneaky is something I can do.
Mwa ha ha! :twisted:

And by all means....we should DEFINITELY put our address in the package. That's the only way they'll know how to send THANK YOU PACKAGES!!!! :happydance:

(Just kidding, secret pal!) ;)

Angelia
07-05-2006, 06:37 AM
we should DEFINITELY put our address in the package. That's the only way they'll know how to send THANK YOU PACKAGES!!!! :happydance:

(Just kidding, secret pal!) ;)

monzogary
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I made a little felted bag out of the ball of thick/thin handspun my pal sent me! The pattern is the medium size found here: http://knitandplenty.typepad.com/photos/free_patterns/three_little_bags.html . I think for handles I'm going to use some ribbon I have on hand. Its just the right size for a wallet and a few things when you don't want to take a big bag.

mulene
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
:cheering: :cheering: for everyone's yarn porn =D Lovely lovely stuff everyone! :cheering:

sara_jayne
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Okay - I'll be the first to jump in with teaser photos for my pal!

Here are your two clues as to who I am when you recieve your package:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/clue2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/clue1.jpg

:??

Tammy6071
07-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Hmmmmm..... :thinking:

Shandeh
07-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Is that the Queen of Tape in our midst? :??

Debbie
07-06-2006, 04:40 AM
Brendajos ... I CAN NOT imagine anyone who would try to get an address or NAME from you before "reveal" time. How Adolescent !

Shandeh
07-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Here's my "teaser" photo. I'm getting ready to send this to my yarn pal.

Wouldn't you like to know what it is? :devil:

And wouldn't you like to know if you are my yarn swap pal? 8-)

KellyK
07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
hmmm...it is July 3rd......has Kelly rcvd her package yet? wasn't she braggin' on how early she was going to get her July package? :rofling:

Well, you know.... since my Pal lives in either Canada or London, it may be caught in customs! :oops:

Here's my teaser!

brendajos
07-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Brendajos ... I CAN NOT imagine anyone who would try to get an address or NAME from you before "reveal" time. How Adolescent !

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

rebecca
07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Teaser...........

Shandeh
07-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, it looks like so far, I'm the only one sending YARN. Kelly is sending a "Build-A-Bear", and Rebecca must be in China, busy making friends with a panda.

Is there a "Bear Theme" I missed?

Angelia
07-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I love the sneaky panda!!! :inlove: :inlove:

sara_jayne
07-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Okay, it looks like so far, I'm the only one sending YARN. Kelly is sending a "Build-A-Bear", and Rebecca must be in China, busy making friends with a panda,

What my packing tape and crown pictures didn't make it obvious what I was sending? :rollseyes:

;)

Shandeh
07-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Doesn't he look CUDDLY! :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

I just want to go and play hide and seek with him. :lol:

Shandeh
07-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Sara. Your's is so obvious, I didn't want to give it away! :roflhard:

sara_jayne
07-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Sara. Your's is so obvious, I didn't want to give it away! :roflhard:

;) Thanks for the giggle, Sandy!

photogirl72
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh man I am so slow....

I just got the tape and crown one.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

That is great, very clever. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
yeah i totally get the panda pics but mostly i just want a baby panda bear...so if you wanna get me that instead of yarn i will be okay with that! :pray:

snephenie
07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh man I am so slow....

I just got the tape and crown one.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

That is great, very clever. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

fill me in cause I don't get it.

I got the Panda one...I want to be that recipient :)

Tammy6071
07-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I got the pandas too. Man do I feel dumb, I don't get the tape and crown either???? :thinking: :?? :blush:

kemp
07-06-2006, 08:03 PM
I had to knit something up right away with the yarn my sp sent me so I made the brea bag... here it is.. I even lined the crazy thing and I wish I had now waited for mom to show me how :rollseyes:

I used up the 2 skeins my sp sent me and I had ordered a 3rd just in case from Kemp but didn't have to use it.. so will do a scarf or something out of it :thumbsup:

Everyone is getting such lovely things can't wait for July to get here :cheering:

Wow that is such a cool bag! I would love to have a pic/review/ both for the site if you get a chance :)

sara_jayne
07-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I got the pandas too. Man do I feel dumb, I don't get the tape and crown either???? :thinking: :?? :blush:

Don't feel dumb. Seriously. There is nothing to do with yarn in either of the pictures, I promise. Yet, in some crazy, roundabout way, it will make sense to my pal when the gift arrives.....if I ever mail it!!!

HollyP
07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
here is my clue ....

brendajos
07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
:thinking: hmm...looks a little like broccoli!

mintdee
07-07-2006, 12:52 AM
I am dying to know what everyone is getting now! I think that this round is going to be even harder to wait for :doh:

:roflhard:

photogirl72
07-07-2006, 02:19 AM
here is my clue ....

If you turn your head just right... the black part looks like a prancing horse. Very cool, its like seeing shapes in clouds.

javede
07-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Ok, here's my teaser pic! That was fun taking it! *still jumps up and down and sideways :rofling: *

beckyrhae
07-07-2006, 09:40 AM
These clues crack me up... When we get our packages we are all going to be rabidly looking thru trying to find a picture. :roflhard:

So here is my clue!

This fuzzy little guy is ready to go to his new home!