PDA

View Full Version : Favourite knitting bags??

Curlykat
04-13-2006, 12:00 PM
IHO BoyforPele's recent acquisition, what are some of your favourite knitting bags/purses/totes/etc.? The kind of thing that looks stylish enough to carry around on a daily basis?? I've taken a peek a Pele's Timbu2 site, as well as Jordana Paige. Any other faves before I make the big decision???

:happydance:

brendajos
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I have the pink houndstooth Jordana Paige bag. I love it...it carries everything and the kitchen sink...though my afghan is going to be pretty close to too big soon i think! :rollseyes:

Ummm.....buuuut i think because i do try to carry everything i own in it, it is starting to pull apart a little bit at one of the seams. i would be sadder about it if i weren't finding it a good reason to get a new bag! heh

Curlykat
04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
That bag looks so great!! I think I'm looking for something big enough for knitting, but not quite big enough for the kitchen sink!!

I've found the Namaste Messenger bag (http://www.namasteneedles.com/products/index.php) (it's halfway down the page). Anyone have this bag? Good reviews? Bad reviews??

Brendajos, I am just like you - I'll get something that I love, but at the first sign of wear, I think "alright, out with the old and in with the new!!"

hedgewick
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I think it would be funny to knit a bag for knitting. I saw a felted one in a book (of course I just took book back to library and can't remember which one it was in) that is meant to be a baby bag (very big) but would be great for knitting.

knitstress_tygher
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
I think it would be funny to knit a bag for knitting. I saw a felted one in a book (of course I just took book back to library and can't remember which one it was in) that is meant to be a baby bag (very big) but would be great for knitting.
I intend to do just that. Though I haven't found the bag pattern yet.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Have you guys seen a picture of KK's Ultimate Knitter's Bag (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125617&highlight=tote#125617)? It's like the booga bag times a hundred witha pocket; it's G I G A N T I C It literally has it's own seat in the car.

Curlykat
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
like the booga bag times a hundred witha pocket; it's G I G A N T I C It literally has it's own seat in the car.

Yeah, I did see KK's bag and I think it looks amazing, but I think I'm after a disguiseable (is that a word??) bag, that can pass for a purse/handbag type thing. Boy, I'm picky, eh? Not too big, not too small, must pass for purse if seen on the street.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!! I'm waiting for wildforyarn's review of the Namaste messenger bag (fingers crossed!!).

dustinac
04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I like this bag http://www.lexiebarnes.com/collection/KLDB.htm its on my wish list :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-13-2006, 08:42 PM
ooo i wish that link showed the inside pockets

wildforyarn
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I will have my Namaste Messenger Bag (chocolate) in hand by the end of next week I was told. So, I will send out a review when I have it in hand and have used it for a few days.

I currently own the JP Knitter's Satchel in purple and like it, but it is just one big mess right now and does not have a very good divider, so I am not sure how I feel about it right now.

I also currently have (and am selling on Ebay) the JP Knitter's Purse. I really like this purse, but am finding so many new ones, that I just can't keep them all. I used it every day for everything. It was great. Not sure why it was discontinued. It has a great divider to put books, patterns, etc., on one side and project on another.

Otherwise, I have used various tote bags, etc., but nothing worth writing about. ;)

dustinac
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
ooo i wish that link showed the inside pockets

not sure if ya meant the link I posted or not but off to the side if ya click Image Gallary it has inside pockets of the bag :D

KNITBIT
04-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, I bought my knitting bag from Green Mountain Knitting Bags. They are so well made. Very nice!! :inlove:

Martha is the name of the lady that makes them. They are handmade. She puts new bags up on her site on Thurs. and Sun. You can custom order also...choose the fabrics, and style. You can even send her in fabric of your own.

After I bought one...I was sooo happy with it and it was so beautiful and well made; I bought a second smaller one. I just recieved my 3rd bag just yesterday. Again LOVE IT! :heart: Neways....

Here's the link:

http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/index.htm

KNITBIT :XX:

OTN: GAAA: square #2 (Ann McCauley), socks

brendajos
04-13-2006, 09:11 PM
i think i am actually going to order one of the green mountain bags. she had a pic of a bag on the site in a fabric that i loved so i contacted her to see if she had anymore and she does! :happydance: (fergit it! i ain't tellin' until that bag is in my hands!...lol. Someone on here knows but i know i am in no danger of her wanting it though i suppose of you got her that bag that looks like a bowling bag she might tell ya! :rofling: )

Just waitin' to see what the Easter bunny brings before i go orderin'! ;)

dustinac
04-13-2006, 09:21 PM
i think i am actually going to order one of the green mountain bags. she had a pic of a bag on the site in a fabric that i loved so i contacted her to see if she had anymore and she does! :happydance: (fergit it! i ain't tellin' until that bag is in my hands!...lol. Someone on here knows but i know i am in no danger of her wanting it though i suppose of you got her that bag that looks like a bowling bag she might tell ya! :rofling: )

Just waitin' to see what the Easter bunny brings before i go orderin'! ;)

:shock: who me?? nah I wouldn't tell my lips are sealed.. I threw away the key... won't reopen till you decide..

ok so who wants to know? just hand over the bowling bag and the secret is yours

:hiding:

Curlykat
04-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I like this bag http://www.lexiebarnes.com/collection/KLDB.htm its on my wish list :rofling:

dustinac, I can see why that bag is on your wish list!! It's gorgeous, inside and out!! I like the Mambo Red or Lime Ricky. :inlove:

Celine
04-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a few differrent bags that I use for my knitting projects. I have one that is sort of a stiff bag and big and has very pretty fabric on it with short handles. Then I have one that is a black and white Toile tote bag and I use that often. I was given a big blue leather Ellen Tracy handbag that is way too big for me so I have used that also for some knitting projects to carry in. I guess I "collect" bags like I collect yarn. lol :XX: :XX:

mulene
04-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I got a new bag on Saturday. I've found that bags for trainers are not a bad choice as they can carry a small project without too much trouble. Some even have little pockets inside (I assume for socks!).

Anyway I saw this one and it made me giggle so I got it (it was half price too!) The ropes pull together to close the top and make a pair of handles you can throw over your back like a little back pack!

http://myspace-133.vo.llnwd.net/00664/33/14/664064133_m.jpg

burnsie9999
04-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I have two knitting bags from www.greenmountinknittingbags.com and I just love them. One is the demi and the other is a large carpet bag. I enjoy them so much!!

brendajos
04-20-2006, 11:45 PM
okay....i am officially sick....i just don't know if it is the bags or the fact that they are knitting bags that is the problem...lol (though i do suspect it is the bags! ;) )

so today i ordered the BoHo bag i have been obsessing about from Green Mountain. I picked the Lime Green and Raspberry Polka dot fabric that she had on the site...(i can't see it on there right now.)

she said that it would take about 4-5 weeks for it to be done.

:shock: (You want me to wait HOW long?!)

soooooooooo i go to my sit n knit tonight and am hangin' out and find myself staring at THIS...

http://www.lanternmoon.com/FRB.asp

yeah....the one on the right came home with me and i figure that in 4-5 weeks i will be bored with this one and ready for the next one! :rofling:

the only problem with that theory is that i am going to have a whole new home for all the bags that i will be collecting at that rate! :shock:

dustinac
04-21-2006, 12:00 AM
:inlove: ohhh that is pretty Brendajososos!!! I told you we have the same problem when you told me the JP was messing up... we can't find that perfect bag that holds our interest to use everyday for the next year... I think the purse I'm using now is the longest one I have used.. had it since Christmas and thats just cause dh surprised me with it.. :rofling: now knitting bags always looking for a new one... its like shoes you can never have to many :thumbsup: need one for each day of the week.. every outfit.. only problem is I'm a SAHM and still feel the need for a new one :roflhard:

wildforyarn
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
soooooooooo i go to my sit n knit tonight and am hangin' out and find myself staring at THIS...

http://www.lanternmoon.com/FRB.asp

yeah....the one on the right came home with me and i figure that in 4-5 weeks i will be bored with this one and ready for the next one! :rofling:

the only problem with that theory is that i am going to have a whole new home for all the bags that i will be collecting at that rate! :shock:

I have the same problem. I am collecting knitting bags. I love, love, love that Lantern Moon bag and have been trying not to buy it. Can I ask where you purchased it and for how much? I am waiting on my Namaste messenger bag. It was shipped priority mail and should be here today. Yea!! I can't wait. I have been using my JP knitter's satchel and like it so far. Although, like I have said before, I would like better division on the inside. It is like a big whole holding things. I need to find some organizational bags for the inside. :)

First yarn, then knitting books, then patterns, then needles, now knitting bags. Does the obsession with collecting knitting-related things ever end??? :shock:

brendajos
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
well it doesn't help that i am a collector and will collect just about any pretty shiny object that catches my eye. :rollseyes:

I got it at my LYS (www.stringofpurls.com) last night and the one i got was $90. They also have some that are very similar in style but are black with bright polk-a-dots...those were $80. I just love this one so much because depending on the light it is different colors. the material is very iridescent. Right now it looks pink...when i grabbed it, it looked green and they say it is gold. tooo perdy!

wildforyarn
04-21-2006, 02:13 PM
It came, it came. My Namaste messenger bag came! On first glance and look through I love it. Now, I will have to put it to use to see if it holds all that I want it too and how it holds up, but so far, I love it!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-21-2006, 05:46 PM
she said that it would take about 4-5 weeks for it to be done. :shock: (You want me to wait HOW long?!)

you KNOW, Bren, you could just go to Walmart and get one for 10 bucks and have it INSTANTLY. Don't you think that's a GREAT idea??????? :angelgrin:

brendajos
04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
:shock: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!?!?!?! DON'T YOU KNOW ME AT ALLLLL!?!?!?!

;)

Curlykat
04-21-2006, 06:58 PM
It came, it came. My Namaste messenger bag came! On first glance and look through I love it. Now, I will have to put it to use to see if it holds all that I want it too and how it holds up, but so far, I love it!!

Oooh!! I can't wait to hear your verdict after you get all your stuff in there!! Do you have a digital camera?? If you do, can you take pics of the inside and post here, pretty, pretty please?!? :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-21-2006, 09:05 PM
:shock: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!?!?!?! DON'T YOU KNOW ME AT ALLLLL!?!?!?!

;)

Oh, sorry. I thought I was being helpful!!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
:evil: hmph!

:rollseyes: goob!

:rofling:

wildforyarn
04-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Curlykat, I will post a picture, but probably won't get to it until Sunday, can you wait?? :D

I did use it tonight to carry some notebooks, paper and boxes of crayons to the restaurant and it worked great! :)

HollyP
04-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Huh, thought i posted my favorite bag here, but alas, nothing from me..and im all about opinions..lol.

I am one of those knitters that like for everyone to know that i knit, so this is my favorite bag...plus, it carries quite abit & it's water resistant too :happydance:

They even have a 'one skeiner' in the same collection.

Rhy :XX:

Here's the link...
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=nw0231
I was looking at that bag earlier today. Do you know if it comes in any other colors? I just don't think I could carry aroung a big orange bag.

dustinac
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Rhyannon I have that bag and get alot of use out of it too.. Its great for trips home and I got this bag (http://www.joanns.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$ZE5SU2YAAE24AP4SY5NBJAR50 LD3OEPO?CATID=82324&PRODID=139331) to take with me to LYS cause it was smaller but the front pouch holds all my circs and DPNs... I'd like to find something cute to use as an everyday purse and knitting bag but have troulbe with that cause I'm SAHM so basically I only need my purse to go grocery shopping :rofling:

Holly as far as I know thats the only color it comes in.. :D

Curlykat
04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Curlykat, I will post a picture, but probably won't get to it until Sunday, can you wait?? :D

Oh, I suppose I can wait!!! :D

Cristy
04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Curlykat...if you are looking for a bag that is labeled as a "knitter's tote" then my suggestion won't work--I have Vera Bradley's "tote" bag and it works perfectly...I have the pencil and brush case in the matching fabric to put crochet hooks, stitch markers, etc. in. I like it b/c it's simple but cute and it doubles as my purse b/c I don't carry much around other than my wallet and a cell phone. "Tote" is rather deep but there are others that are smaller that I think would work well too...

I have the one skein tote from michaels that rhiannon posted I think she linked to the big version...anyway...I hate it. It's almost too organized for me and for such a small bag I find it awfully deep. I don't particularly like the color either...I asked for it for Christmas and got it from my dd (via my husband of course--since she's 3)...I know I haven't been very specific about the reasons I don't like it, it's just one of those things...

Also..I've eyed this (http://www.joanns.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$ZJOFHTAAAFB5YP4SY5NBIHR50 LD3OEPO?CATID=25000&PRODID=70893&source=search)bag for quite some time...I don't know if I'd like it or not.

Curlykat
04-22-2006, 02:49 PM
:shock:

Cristy - those bags are gorgeous!!! I've never heard of that company before, but wow!! If I could, I'd buy practically one of each!!!