PDA

View Full Version : SHIPPING...UGH!! I'M SO UPSET!!!

rebecca
04-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Okay, I'm venting here because ya'll feel my pain!!
Well, you know that I knit four pair of socks for my aunt's bday....well, UPS just left the package on her doorstep and IT'S GONE :shock: !!! Lonnie deals with UPS on a daily basis and I've created an invoice to give them so that they will reimburse me, it is automatically insured for $100.00, but...I'm still out of the work, she won't have her socks for a long time now & I'm just MAD http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/ANGRY.jpg
I asked my uncle to ask his neighbors if they picked the package up off of their porch.....hopefully a neighbor has it & I won't have to file this invoice with UPS & my auntie will have warm feet
Thanks for allowing me to vent ;)

brendajos
04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
well it is stuff like that which makes me feel bad when people grumble about USPS! UPS sadly, is not much better in their service than USPS! Though it is probably not their fault if that is what they always do in that neighborhood and some kid just wandered by and grabbed it. *sigh*

anyway we deal with UPS on a pretty frequent basis too...make sure they are checking all around the house at other doors and behind bushes and stuff. And the garage! We get calls from customers all the time who found their packages in the garage when UPS has never left them there before!

poor auntie with the cold toes! :crying:

shellebelle216
04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Holy crap! I would be in tears right now. I am so sorry :(

Jan in CA
04-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh no! I had a situation once where the website said it had been delivered, but had some cryptic message on it like it was delivered to 'frontdoors" or something. Turns out he HADN'T left it and it was delivered later that evening. Weird. Hope you get it solved soon!

Cristy
04-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh NO! I hope you get it worked out...

We had a similar situation when we moved to our new house...UPS delivered a package and my garage door was open so he put it in the garage. I couldn't find it for days (said delivered when I tracked it) so just as I was going to submit an invoice, I found it...the UPS drive had put it next to my trash can where all of our moving boxes were located and I carried it out to the curb for pick-up!!! I know he was trying to help by putting it in the garage but I could have thrown it away!

iza
04-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I didn't know UPS was leaving packages at the door step! Isn't it weird? I mean, it's almost ASKING for trouble!

Anyways, it's really sad. :( But I'm sure your aunt still appreciates your good intentions.

rebecca
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Thank you all...I knew u would feel my pain ;)
Lonnie deals with UPS on a daily basis & he is going to deal with the reimbursement, etc. I emailed my uncle & asked that he look all over the yard as well as with the neighbors.
I had forgotten about the time a UPS truck hit my daughter's car out in front of our home...these people can be hinky sometimes :shock: LOL
We couldn't prove it, Lonnie recognized the color of the paint on Shannon's car that was left from the vehicle that hit it! AND the driver didn't even knock on the door, just left a notice that we weren't home & they would try again....well, at that time the package wasn't left @ the door...just a car that had been hit!! I've lost all confidence in UPS I must say!

brendajos
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I didn't know UPS was leaving packages at the door step! Isn't it weird? I mean, it's almost ASKING for trouble!

Actually it is pretty normal...and i have to tell you, when we place orders for people and ask them what they want done with the package, 90% of the time they tell us to have them just leave it on the porch or front step or whatever. There are certain places where they won't do that, but it is pretty normal practice for them.

Rennagayle
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry, Rebecca. How utterly frustrating. :(

Our UPS man always leaves our packages on our (covered) porch. He rings the doorbell as he does it, but doesn't wait for me to come to the door. It's more of an announcement thing. By the time I get to the door, he's usually already bound back into his truck. Our UPS truck is so loud, I always get excited when I hear it in the neighborhood, hoping it's bringing something to me.

brendajos
04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
my guy is a delight...bah! I have the telephone hooked up only to the intercom for me to buzz someone in. the phone hanging in the kitchen does have an answering machine on it, but since i only use my cell for calls i never look at it. He and the Fedex guy have a bad habit of just leaving messages on there to let me know i have a package or to give me the fedex number and when i can pick it up. If i didn't know i had a package coming it could sit for days without me knowing (the fedex guy left my brand new laptop at the office without my signature....and you know Dell requires name only signatures...just anybody can't sign for it...i was NOT pleased!) When i shut off the answering machine to force him to leave the note that the last guy always did, he stopped leaving any notice at all. and when i am home when he arrives (which isn't often unless i am planning to be there for a package!) he is irritated that he has to come in and deliver it....

when did the UPS guy stop being the delight of everybody's day? ;)

margie
04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
My UPS man is nice! He rings the doorbell and runs back to his truck, but usually my front door is open and my car is in the driveway, so I don't have a problem with that. I have a close friend who is a driver for UPS, and my husband used to work there, so I do have a soft spot for them- they work so hard. I hope that your aunt's package turns up, Rebecca- what a shame for all that love and hard work to go to waste!

Amber
04-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh no! I hope it turns up. Maybe if someone did take it, once they open it and see the beautiful hand-knit socks, they'll feel guilty and return it!

rebecca
04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I sure hope so!! I haven't heard back from my uncle since I emailed him & told him that it was left @ his door Wed. I told him that he should search EVERYWHERE!! I do so hope they turn up

wildforyarn
04-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh Rebecca, that makes me so sad. All of that hard work and it is gone. I sure hope whoever took it realizes what a gift they took and sheepishly returns it in the middle of the night.

KellyK
04-15-2006, 09:58 AM
OH that's AWFUL!!! :(

I actually had a UPS guy SIGN MY NAME on the slip before he left it on the doorstep! :mad: I had to go through a whole process with signature comparisons and everything!

Now, we keep a sign up that says if we dont answer, deliver next door where our neighbors are always home.

kemp
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
That's terrible!!! It amazes me that someone would do that. Maybe they will show up at a neighbors house...or maybe the socks won't fit the theif and he'll feel guilty and return them??? :shock:

rebecca
04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks so very, very much for your support, everyone!! Ya'll are a great group and I so knew I could vent about this CATASTOPHE (well, perhaps not a catastrophe, rather knitting mishap ;) ) to you & you would completely understand! I do so hope that my uncle emails me & says that he found the package..if not, my aunt will be getting a springy lace scarf instead of socks this time ;)

rebecca
04-15-2006, 01:59 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: My uncle found the package!!!! YIPPEE!! OK, the deal is that they have someone that comes in to help around the house a couple of times a week since my aunt had the stroke & she put the box away & didn't tell anyone :shock: & he just happened upon it in the closet :D I'm just very happy that it was found, she loves her socks & thanks for allowing my bit o' venting here ;)

Ingrid
04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
:cheering: An Easter miracle!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Jan in CA
04-15-2006, 02:37 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

kitkat
04-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I am soooooooo glad for you - I cant imagine how upset you were and I have been checking in to see if they had showed up! YAY!!! :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
04-15-2006, 03:09 PM
They put it away in a CLOSET??? Geez! It coulda been forever if they'd have put it in one of MY closets!!

My UPS man is the nicest guy, and if there's anything that's even a little heavy, he offers to bring it in. :heart: He's not at all "too friendly" or anything but just regular nice!! Unfortunately I have not seen him in a good while, since I haven't ordered anything in about 5 months now!! Dh has to have a hip replacement and we need to save up for him being out of work. Gee!! I MISS my UPS man--and my little packages of yarn and needles!! ( Trudy SOBS uncontrollably and wanders around wringing hands and picking the cuticles off her fingernails. Blood dripping down , she snatches up the Bernat yarn she is using for the Sweetheart bankie and thinks of KnitPicks and elann and LittleKnits and WEBS and Amazon and all those other really really GOOD places she ordered stuff from!!) OH THE HORROR! :shock:

rebecca
04-15-2006, 03:46 PM
:D thanks, u guys...I SO knew ya'll would understand ;)

Trudy, sorry about the ordering ban...I think we all go thru that from time to time. How long will your hubby be out of work? I've had several hip replacements....not a bunch of fun :(

Ellen Edwards
04-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey Becca!! We really don't know HOW long he'll be out...his doctor used to do surgery in the Medical Corps, and he said he was used to getting his patients back " to work" soon! As soon as 2-3 weeks, he said--but we're not counting on that. We don't KNOW anyone who's had less time than 2-3 months , at the least!! We'll just wait and see.......and, um, I DO have yarn in my stash ...it's just that I miss ordering ANYTHING!! HAHA

rebecca
04-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I understand missing ordering :D I will certainly pray for you & your husband...please keep us informed

Rennagayle
04-16-2006, 03:08 PM
I am SO thrilled that the awol socks have surfaced! :cheering: Like Trudy, if someone stuck a package in one of my closets, it might be years before it was discovered. :blush:

rebecca
04-16-2006, 03:59 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: No doubt it would be a while before I found the box if it were stuck in one of my closets :oops: ....sad, but true :roflhard: :rofling:

dustinac
04-16-2006, 09:22 PM
:happydance: yeahh so glad they were found :cheering:

rebecca
04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
:D Thanks, dusti...I was, to say the least, VERY HAPPY when he told me he found the box :D

kemp
04-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Thank goodness!!! So glad it was found.

amy
04-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Hooray!! So glad it's been found!!! :cheering: 4 pairs of socks, holy moly that's a lot of work! Phew!!