PDA

View Full Version : Sheri's Lace Socks FO

rebecca
04-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, I gave my daughter (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Our%20Shannon/DSCN0943.jpg) her Easter basket (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Our%20Shannon/DSCN0936.jpg) yesterday & she loved the socks & washcloths (as well as the candy ;) ) that was in it, as did my sister :D My sister's bday is the 30th of the month & she made it very clear that she wanted some socks, and a BUNCH of washcloths! So, I came home from church & cast on Sheri's Laces (http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/sherislace.pdf) socks from sockbug.com. I also saw the pattern for Spearfish Socks (http://designedlykristi.com/shoppingcart/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=65) that I might get for my sister, but for Christmas if I should order them! I think that she will love both pair thus far, Sheri's Lace and the Cascading Leaves (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/2006%20a%20new%20year%20in%20KNITTING/cascadingleavesburgundysocks.jpg), each are quite feminine. So, I'm off to the doctor and back home to get busy knitting for another bday ;)

Sissy
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Rebekka,
You have a beautiful daughter.Love that red hair. I bet she will enjoy her socks............ :rollseyes: Amy

Amber
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Your daughter is gorgeous! What beautiful red hair!

rebecca
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
:D Why, thank u, Amy & Amber..I must agree, she is beautiful (perhaps I'm a bit prefudiced ;) ) :D LOL, someone years back had red hair, she didn't get it from her dad or me...we figure God just wanted her to have red hair ;) She loved her socks, too...which just makes me want to knit more & more for gifts :D

loveswildflowers
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Such sweet pictures and such a sweet daughter to appreciate a beautiful handmade gift so much.
And that Spearfish sock pattern is a work of art. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with that.

rebecca
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
:D Thanks so much, she really does appreciate each knitted item she gets, which makes one want to knit more :D

Rennagayle
04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Your dd is positively breathtaking. :D My dd is coming home for a visit from Germany this summer, and I can hardly wait to actually get to take pictures of her in the things I knit for her.

rebecca
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks so much, Renna...gosh, I know u must MISS her desperately, being so far from home :shock:

Rennagayle
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much, Renna...gosh, I know u must MISS her desperately, being so far from home :shock:

I do. :( Thank God for low cost international phone rates! It hasn't been all that many years ago that rates for those calls would make calling cost prohibitive.

rebecca
04-18-2006, 05:14 PM
My word, I'm at a loss with my stepkids being in KS, we are blessed that we still have 1 child in the same town...I don't know if I could handle all of them being away :( . I just can't imagine having a child so far away...even if he/she is grown up...he/she is still your baby :D

Rennagayle
04-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Yep, she's my 22yo baby. When she left the nest, she really left the nest! She's excited about her upcoming visit home, though. She plans on staying three weeks. She's earned two weeks paid vacation on her job, and is taking one week without pay. Her roomies will tend to her "babies" (her snakes). I'm sure glad she can't bring them with her! :shock: :mrgreen:

rebecca
04-21-2006, 03:15 PM
:D I know u r going to be so happy to see her, Renna......I also understand that u r happy she left her snakes :shock: :roflhard: :rofling:

I've finally finished sock one of the Sheri's Lace pattern for my sister's birthday. I think that they will be a lovely pair...when I'm done :rollseyes: . I believe that the dark color and the lace pattern have slowed me down a bit...that & the fact that I've not been knitting as much..LOL!
I'm using size 1 addi's and KnitPicks' Essential in navy :D

Danielle
04-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Beautiful! :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-22-2006, 06:54 AM
:D Thanks :D

Fudgie
04-22-2006, 06:58 AM
very nice! :heart:

IrishBaby
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Beautiful things and gorgeous daughter!

Interesting note about the genetics of red hair (and forgive me if you know this already): red hair is caused by two genes, rather than one, like for other hair colors. The first gene (the one that usually causes hair color) must be blonde or light brown). The second, red head-unique gene must have a mutation, and that mutation must be inherited from both parents. If the first hair gene was dark brown or black, you would not be able to "see" the red hair caused by the second gene.

So you and your DH are both carriers of the gene -- the fact that no one in your family has red hair means that either they didn't inherit the light hair gene or they didn't inherit the mutated red hair gene from both parents.

BTW, redheads are statistically more likely to be left handed, to be more susceptible to bleeding problems, and to need more anesthesia and pain medication than other people. They are also more prone to allergies an eczema. Ah, the price you pay to have beautiful hair! ;) (I have a red headed daughter too.)

rebecca
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
:D Thanks, all. Irishbaby...I didn't know about the fact that redheads were more likely to be left-handed, which Shannon is :D, actually, 2 or 3 of my children are left-handed, which u don't see all of the time :D

knitqueen
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Rebecca, I have to say I love your invisible foot model! It makes me giggle every time! :heart:

rebecca
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
LOL, I'm certainly not showing off my white legs :roflhard: :rofling:

Cristy
04-23-2006, 09:55 AM
awesome pics and good info on red heads...my fil is a redhead and my sil is a reddish blond head...I keep wondering if there is any possibility that dh and I could have a red-headed baby...I have reddish brown hair and mom's hair was fairly dark red as a child but am not sure if there is a real redhead in my family...
Your daughter is beautiful...I know several redheads but never a left handed one. BTW--those socks your dd had...were they KP simple stripes in snapdragon? (gosh I'm becoming such a yarn nerd...)

rebecca
04-23-2006, 09:58 AM
:D Thanks, she is an extremely intelligent left-handed beauty ;) The total package, i would say...again, very prejudiced :D
Quite an eye you have, Cristy, u yarn nerd :roflhard: :rofling: KP's snapdragon it is :D

sara_jayne
04-23-2006, 11:52 AM
The socks are beautiful Rebecca!

rebecca
04-23-2006, 12:32 PM
:D Thanks a bunch, I hope to finish the 2nd one today :D

cozy
04-23-2006, 12:48 PM
What beautiful socks!! I'm dying to tackle lace socks one of these days.

rebecca
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
:D Thanks, Cozy, I have no doubt that u can knit lace socks...they are quite easy ;)

I finished the Sheri's Lace socks from Sockbug's blog (http://sockbug.blog-city.com/) for my sister's birthday, 1 pair down...another to go ;)

rebecca
05-01-2006, 11:36 AM
:D I gave my sister her birthday socks, she LOVED them!!!!...I was very pleased that she was so happy :D

mulene
05-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Wow those are really gorgeous. Gosh.. hope my sock knitting gets to be that good!

nicolethegeek
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Very nice! I hope that my Cascading Leaves come out half as nice as your lace!

nicolethegeek
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Well I've made it through more than a repeat of the lace without problems, so I should be okay. At least I know that this pattern has been used dozens of times, and I can always go to the list if I have a problem. It's turning out quite nicely I think... I just need to pick it up. I've been busy on a hamster forum trying to get some insight into my DDs sick hammie. :(

rebecca
05-02-2006, 04:48 PM
I can't wait to see it :cheering: :happydance:

UhOh...how old is the hamster? You know they don't have a very long life span. Did u find out what's up with the critter?

nicolethegeek
05-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I can't wait to see it :cheering: :happydance:

UhOh...how old is the hamster? You know they don't have a very long life span. Did u find out what's up with the critter?
I can't wait to finish it! It's actually going very easily... *much* easier than the one I was trying to make before. The wool I'm using will make the pattern show up pretty good too I think.

As for Ally, we've had her about 2 months, so my guesstimate is that she's about 3-4 months old at this point, basically a teenager/young adult. The people on the hamster forum have been very helpful, but I'm still waiting for a reply on the pics I posted this afternoon. Her bum area seems to be bulging more than normal, and we're concerned about her. After losing our budgies in the fire, and all of our bettas over the last 2 months, I don't think I can handle another pet funeral right now. :crying:

Gina
05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Rebecca, the socks are awsome!!! I've never done a pair of socks before and this one is on my list already! Very beautiful.

Oh, and your daughter is GORGEOUS!!!!

rebecca
05-03-2006, 11:28 AM
:D Thanks so much, Gina...they are actually an easy knit & very, very fun ;)

Nicole, I can't wait to see those socks & let me know about your hammie ;)

kemp
05-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Those socks are great Becka! I have to echo everyone on this...your DD is stunning. She should be a model.

rebecca
05-06-2006, 03:49 PM
:D Thanks, Kemp! Shannon was a model several years ago :D She turned 21 on May 3....hard for mom to believe :shock: