PDA

View Full Version : have i messed up?

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
my work is twisted. i think it hapened when i changed needles. please tell me this can be fixed without having to frog!!!!! :shock: don't ask me why i kept going. i guess i was thinking i could fix ie once i BO... but then i got to looking at it as it got longer and starting thinking maybe i couldn't plus it was annoying me having to twist it all the time!

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry to tell you this, but...it does look like you've inadverdantly created a mobius (http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml), u could continue and have a nice cowl or scarf, or.... :frog: ...I'm sorry :(

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 03:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 03:11 PM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
You could sew two lines and cut between them to create a steek, and untwist it, but then you'd have to sew that up and have a seam.

It's happened to all of us. :(

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
:D This is why we have our Ing-A-Ling...I never would have thought of that :thumbsup:

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
yeah i thought of that... but i didn't want to mess it up further. well alright. thanks ladies. guess i'll go frog now!!! :frog: :evil:

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
:D This is why we have our Ing-A-Ling...I never would have thought of that :thumbsup:

I didn't think of it--I read it somewhere. It would work with a steeked cardigan, but I don't think anything else would survive too well.

kemp
04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
wasnt' there something about frogging down to the CO at the beginning of the item then being able to twist to correct? I know I read it somewhere before but no clue where!

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
well i frogged and got down to the CO and it untwisted. BUT i used a size 2 needle that far down and it was hard to knit anyway so i knew it would be hard to reinsert the needle so i just started over.

margie
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
:( sorry you had to frog.................been there, done that- :(

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
thanks... i've started again, but only have 1.5 rows done... i just don;t feel like doing it now! :(

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
probably best to give it a break for a couple of days. When I had to frog about five hours of work off of my waterlily, I let it sit for a few days before I went back to it. Now it's sitting again, but only because I'm going to run out of yarn before I finish it, I think. :crying:

Anyways, doing another quick project or two should get the feeling back for whatever you were knitting that got twisted. :thumbsup:

gardenmommy
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
That makes me dizzy just looking at it!

kemp
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Shoot that's too bad! I'll have to try to find where I saw that. It is difficult though sometimes when you have undo the stitch that far down...harder to get it to look right when you go back up with the crochet hook.

cheesiesmom
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Been there; done that. In fact, twice on the same project. In my case, first you feel dumb and then you frog. (Twice!!)

koolbreeze
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
yeah i wish i knew where i did it so i won't do it again. i'll have to pay attention to what i'm doing this time!!!

rebecca
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Gosh, Carmell, I've done it...LOL, we were on our way to FL, I thought I was too smart just knitting along in the van, not paying much attention to my knitting & I made a big mobius hat for my son :roflhard: :rofling: I twisted it 2 or 3 times, needless to say.....frogpond ;)