PDA

View Full Version : Way OT - Celebrity baby names...what are they thinking?!

hedgewick
04-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, Tomkitten has finally arived. Thank god... now I sleep again :rofling:

I've just got to say that the names some celeberities pick for their kids is crazy. These poor babies are going to grow up and have to go to school and work with names like Moxie Crimefigher (I kid you not Penn from Pen and Teller and his wife named their little girl that) and Pilot Inspektor (young son of Jason Lee from My name is Earl...for the love of god stop the insanity!!!). What the heck are these folks thinking?! I'm all for interesting names (my little boy's name is Garrett... not too strange but different) but this is just cruel. No wonder therapists are so busy :rofling: .

koolbreeze
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Apple
Coco

AprilH
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm wondering if Katie is a knitter. They named their baby Suri which is that breed of Alpaca that has what looks like dreadlocks. Maybe they're just Alpaca lovers.

Ya, right. :rollseyes:

April

brendajos
04-19-2006, 03:31 PM
okay ssssssssssssssstop calling it TomKitten! aaaaaaaaack.

what is up with the press feeling the need to combine everybody's names now? drives me crazy!

I actually think Suri is kind of a pretty name though I wouldn't use it most likely.

it certainly could have been worse though! :shock:

hedgewick
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM

what is up with the press feeling the need to combine everybody's names now? drives me crazy!

Sorry, I was just mocking the whole thing. I agree! It's like they aren't individuals anymore. At least they aren't calling the Paltrow/Martin duo "Chriswith" or something stupid like that. Not yet anyway.

rebecca
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: Moxie Crimefighter :roflhard: :rofling: How STUPID is that?! Is she a super-hero?! :shock:

brendajos
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Sorry, I was just mocking the whole thing. I agree! It's like they aren't individuals anymore. At least they aren't calling the Paltrow/Martin duo "Chriswith" or something stupid like that. Not yet anyway.

lol i know you were...i was just having a "stop the insanity" moment! ;)

Okay i could get behind Chriswith! :rofling:

Jan in CA
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
LOL Yeah, they do get some weird ones!

How about these? We're they high when they picked them? :??
Fifi-Trixibelle,
Peaches,
Pixie

Check out more here (http://www.babyzone.com/features/content/display.asp?TopicID=30&ContentID=309).

hedgewick
04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Fifi-Trixibelle,
Peaches,
Pixie

Who named their kids this? I would have some issues if I was named Fifi-Trixibelle.

And as for Peaches... somewhere in the future there is a stipper crying. :roflhard:

brendajos
04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
people who hate their children!

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
How many times is Gwyneth Paltrow's son going to be asked to part the waters before he cracks? :rofling:

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Personally, I think having a "different" name is better than being named something that every other kid in your class is going to be named. Growing up as "Aimie" really sucked, especially since everyone insists on spelling it wrong, and there has been at least one "amy" EVERYWHERE I HAVE EVER BEEN, EVER. Hence, the ayla.

brendajos
04-19-2006, 04:44 PM
you make a good point, however, there is something to be said about not naming your kid things that other kids will make fun of! :rollseyes: i don't care how much money you have and who you know...if ya give your kid a funky name, kids are going to make fun!

thoooooooooough kids can find ways to rhyme just about anything can't they! :rofling:

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, but who are these kids really going to be hanging out with? they're not going to go to the local public school, that's for sure. I think the chances of their names being made fun of by anyone in person is very slim.

The rest of the world, however, is of course having a field day.

dustinac
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey Katie can knit I saw it on something about the new hobby with the famous and she was learning so was Julia Roberts...

I hated my name Dustina noone else had it... all my friend's had pencils with their names or plaques on their bedroom doors... I was called Dustin by subs who thought my a was silent.. or Justina/Christina cause they thought my name was spelled wrong.. was called dusty which I can't stand.. or dusty wusty which is WORSE :shock: or its a Dusty Dawn today cause my middle name is Dawn.. I also I'm gonna change my name when I can... but now I like it and that its different LOL however I can't imagine having Apple as my name and Peaches is worse just cause of that song :rofling:

the news today at noon had Tom has a new kitten... seriously... I thought poor baby!!!

Amber
04-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I actually think Suri is really pretty. :hiding:

I dunno, I'm not sure children of mega-celebrities are ever going to have a normal childhood anyway. I imagine being the daughter of Tom Cruise will make you stand out much more than an unusual name ever could. Maybe that's why big celebrities do it -- to help their child seem unique or different and to give them a strong identity separate from their parents.

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I certainly grew up with an unusual name, and I never minded it, really. But at least it's a name--and people had heard of it because of Ingrid Bergman. I'm grateful that I'm not a fruit or a superhero.

I read that Julia Roberts' character knits in the play she's in right now--and Julia does her own knitting while on stage. So I guess she knits at work, too. :thinking:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
and Peaches is worse just cause of that song :rofling:

:shock: are we thinking of the same song???????????

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
All my friends had the monogrammed pencils, too. I always got the pencils that had "AMY" on them. Grr. So, I feel your pain.

Jan in CA
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
My given name is Janet and I always hated it. I only knew a few Janets all through school. I've gone by Jan for so long now that Janet almost sound foreign. :roflhard:

samm
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
My name is Sandra, which was only used when someone was angry with me. :( I was called Sandy until Grade 8 when a kid started calling me sandy beach. :rollseyes: Yuck. So I changed the spelling to Sandi. Didn't help much, though. When I was ten I wanted to be called by my second name, which is Jane. But I wanted to add a "t" to the end to become Janet. :lol: I mentioned at dinner that I wanted to add a "t" to my name. Without missing a beat, my little brother who was seven then, asked why I wanted to be called Sandrat! He still calls me that sometimes! Since then, however, I've become Samm, because my uncle called me that and my husband likes it. So Samm I am. :D

dustinac
04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
and Peaches is worse just cause of that song :rofling:

:shock: are we thinking of the same song???????????

:oops:

:fingerwag: now..now I'm talking about a cheer :roflhard:

Peaches and Cream... Peaches and Cream... whats the matter with the other team.. nothing at all.. nothing at all... they just don't know how to play.... FOOTBALL :rofling: a cheer but we sung it...

TwoLeftNeedles
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
I was due in January, so Mom was gonna name me Garnet :shock: What would my nick name have been? Garn? Nettie? Ugh!

I refused to appear, and apparently she and my grandmother began considering Gigi :rollseyes: I guess the movie was popular at the time. But then as it crept up to Valentine's Day, they started hoping they could name me Valentina Where's the upchuck emoticon? Missed that date, too.

Finally the story has it that my great-grandmother said "You better pick something sensible to name that child or she's never gonna come out!" Mother consented to Elizabeth Anne and I arrived the next day.

I love my name, and I'm grateful it's not something cutesy. When choosing names for my children, I always had a good solid first name and a more unusual second name so that they would be able to take their pick. Had they been girls, my sons would have been Sarah Morgan and Marilyn Renee.

Cristy
04-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Okay...here's my story...My name is Cristy (same as my user name) but if you look closely, you'll notice it has no "h". So I dealt with pencils w/ "h's" on them and never winning an award w/ my first name spelled correctly. Sadly enough...three weeks ago my dad sent me an online card and put an "h" in my name. For many years I considered changing the way it was spelled so I didn't have to correct everyone each time they wrote/printed my name. I decided against it and shortened my name to Cris through high school--which didn't alleviate the problem. So now I'm Cristy Lambert-Smith....you'd think that I would have had enough w/ an unusual name, but NOOOOOO...I had to have two last names too...

My daughter's name is sensible...Julia Ann....but if we have another one my husband wants to name him Gregory Paul after his dad and best friend....I DON'T LIKE the name GREGORY!!!

By best friends name was Cara...she had issues too...

brendajos
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Without missing a beat, my little brother who was seven then, asked why I wanted to be called Sandrat! He still calls me that sometimes!

:doh: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :doh:

CateKnits
04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm Catherine Blessley, but I started out as Katie..sort of. See, my parents (mostly my dad) had decided they were going to call me Katie, but that Katie isn't a "proper" name, so they had to pick a "proper" one. It was either going to be Kathleen or Catherine and Catherine won. Blessley is my dad's mother's maiden name. I think it's kind of cute that my grandmother is Elizabeth Blessley Leonard and I'm Catherine Blessley Leonard. :D
The Cate came because when I got to college, my orientation group leader was a Katie turned Kate AND so was my RA...so I thought it seemed like a good idea. People are always asking me why I spell it "weird," though. It's not weird to ME. I always thought it was weird that I was Katie with a K. :P

Vendie
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
I've had to deal with the whole crazy spelling thing with my name too. I'm a Wendie...no ready-made monogrammed stuff for me :(

My best friend and her husband are both teachers and vowed to never name their kids something that a teacher couldn't pronounce. They wound up with a David. Nice and simple. The teachers will love him :D

Jan in CA
04-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Well to add to my story... Janet was my mother's middle name. Her first was Shirley so I at least got the better of the two. :roflhard:

My kids are named Lisa Eileen (my middle name) and Kristen Marie. I wanted names that couldn't be shortened into something goofy. :roflhard:

Now my stepdaughter is named Nila-Danielle Elaine. Her mother wanted Nila after her own mother and my DH wanted Danielle. Elaine was his mother's middle name. When DH was out for coffee or whatever the baby's mother filled out the paperwork with the hyphenated name. Great way to start off with a new baby. :rollseyes: We call her Danielle and her friends and mother's family have always called her Nila. She doesn't care and answers to both. :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
ooo the song I was thinking had some "bad words" in it :oops:

AND, imagine trying to find a pencil with the name HILDEGARD on it!!!

Calabaza
04-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know why people are complaining about Gwen and Chris naming their kid Moses. (sp?) I like that name alot.

My Name is Jessica and my middle name is Ann. Does anyone remember that show Pepper Ann?? My mom would go around singing Jessie Ann Jessie Ann.

BLAH.

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
I was thinking of naming my daughters (assuming I have two, which I've been cursed to have) Aiobhilinn Ishbel (Evelyn Shebell) and Kieran Amanda. I discovered the spelling to Aiobhilinn after seeing the pattern for the Aibhlinn cowl (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTaibhlinn.html) on knitty. After that I looked up the Gaelic spelling to a lot of names I had thought of, and I like them better.

So yes, I'm cursing my daughter with a name that nobody can spell, but at least they won't be able to spell it because they've never heard of it before, not because they THINK they know how to spell it.

KNITBIT
04-19-2006, 09:12 PM
My name is Lavonne. Not common. Haven't met another yet! LOL! :lol:

I've always liked having a different name. Not too different though...Orange, Apple, Grapefruit. LOL!!! :shock:

Growing up it seemed no one could spell it or pronounce it correctly. How hard could it be? La and vonne. Like Yvonne...no Y. Boy, Did I get that alot from teachers, kids, etc. I don't see no "Y". Or even Laverne. Ummm no "R". Lavon (with a long "O"). Moronic. :wall:

As for the spellings: Lavon, Lavonn, LaVone, LaVonn, LaVon....Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Alot of people liked to capitalize the "V". To this day some of my aunts still do. Whatever. LOL!!!

In High School...I'd be like pronounced LOVE and ON. GEESH!!!! :doh:

I know what you guys mean with the personalized items. Pencils, toothbrushes, stickers, bike licence plates. Ya, right!! I remember I'd be in a bookstore and think..."Hmm, I wonder if my name is in the name bks.?" Never was...

Until I was going to have my son...I bought 3 name bks. I was in 1, under the name Yvonne...ironically. It said "variation of". But it didn't have it's own listing under "L".

I've gotten numerous compliments on it through the years..so that's always nice. ;) So with the pronounciation, and spelling issues pretty much behind. I :heart: it for the fact that I never hear it. I guess LOL I don't need to worry I'm gonna hear my name by mistake when I'm out somewhere. :thumbsup:

Ok, :rofling: I feel better I added my $0.02. Heehee!

KNITBIT

mintdee
04-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Does anyone remember that show Pepper Ann?? My mom would go around singing Jessie Ann Jessie Ann.
BLAH.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

My name is Sandra. Nice normal name I love it. The story behind it however...

My dad told me that I was named after the first girl that he fell in love with. (my moms name is Sharon :doh: ) :roflhard:

Not to mention the fact that my middle name is Dawn so all through school I heard "Look at me I'm Sandra D, Lousy with Virginity!" :|

CateKnits
04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
My dad and grandmother have always called me KT. On all notes, birthday cards, whatever, it's always been KT. I teased my dad one time and asked if he could even spell Katie. :rollseyes: But, secretly, I like being KT, even though I'm trying to be Cate to everyone else now.

brendajos
04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
I must say growing up I thought i must have a pretty unusual name because I had a hard time finding stuff with my name on it too. Doesn't seem all that uncommon now but it sure was when i was the dork who wanted all my stuff personalized! And i have been called everything from Linda, Glenda (ex-b/f use to call me Glinda but that was on purpose and in a Good Witch sort of way! ;) ), Barbara, etc.
:rollseyes:

CateKnits
04-19-2006, 09:32 PM
My roommate's name is Neva-Lee. People pretty much never get it right. It's pronounced just how it's spelled!

sara_jayne
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
I have a simple name - Sara Jayne by all the time it ends up Sarah Jane - big surprise. My parents told me they put the "y" in Jane so I would never be considered a "plain Jane".

Of course when I got married I took my madien name as another middle name. Talk about confusing - I almost regret it, but I love my signature to much to change my name - plus, people can't spell it right so why not have fun and confuse them with 4 names!!

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
I have a simple name - Sara Jayne by all the time it ends up Sarah Jane - big surprise. My parents told me they put the "y" in Jane so I would never be considered a "plain Jane".

Of course when I got married I took my madien name as another middle name. Talk about confusing - I almost regret it, but I love my signature to much to change my name - plus, people can't spell it right so why not have fun and confuse them with 4 names!!
I actually got adopted by my mother's first husband, and have re-taken my mother's maiden name as my second middle name (did you follow that?). My father's probably going to be pissed that his name's not on my wedding invitations but my mother's name is. Whoops. :doh: Bah that's for another thread. But I understand about the long name with the great signature thing.

That's what all that was about. :hiding:

ebrperk
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
My name is just Robin Renee. Kids are Elisabeth, Emily, and Benjamin. Pretty normal names for kids I think.

Speaking of Julia Roberts she has been knitting for a long time. I remember reading something several years ago that said knit the sweater Julia is working on.

glomper
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
they were saying on the radio yesterday that the name Kate & tom Cruise picked "Suri" (not sure of spelling) was a hebrew or persian name meaning either princess or red-rose. It doesn't really flow with the last name though does it - Suri-Cruise.

Peaches, Fifi and Trixibelle were names given to the daughters of British celebrities Bob Geldof and Paula Yates. When Paula had a daughter with Michael Hutchencence (spelt wrong I know) from INXS they called her Tiger-lilly.

We called my daugher Marieke which is a dutch version of Mary and very common in the Netherlands but not so common here in NZ. But she and her brother were gonna have issues with their names regardless as my Husband's name has four words in it and he insisted they have 2 middle names also. And because their surname starts with a V they will have their names called last most of the time. Oh well, there are worse things they could have to deal with.

I like names that are either old-fashioned and pretty or a bit exotic without being ridiculous. Names like Bianca, Saskia, Elizabeth, Catherine, Laura or Eva.

When I worked for a public department processing documents we used to see some real dumb names like "Social Welfare or Merry Christmas or Zachury Zachury" , gee I bet they learned to handle themselves young.

I always thought my name was boring (Tracy) but it could've been alot worse I guess.

CateKnits
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Suri is a nice name in some languages, but not so great in Japanese. :rollseyes: I believe it means "pickpocket" in Japanese.

I'm glad I'm Catherine and not Katherine or Kathryn. I like the C better because it's less common without being bizarre.

gimmesanity
04-20-2006, 05:56 AM
I think a name is what you make it out to be. Folks will always get your name wrong.

I'm Sharon. It's simple, but I enjoy not having a nickname. People always ask if it's with two "r"s, but I've yet to meet a Sharron, so I don't know why they bother asking.

DH is Jon, no "h". People are always throwing in the H or assuming that he's a Jonathan.

DD is Nia Delia (NEE-ya DEL-ya) and folks are ALWAYS getting it wrong. I guess I just assumed that people would be able to pronounce it correctly since in Spanish there's really only one way to say it. Oooh, not so here in the States. She gets Naya, which I don't get, and Mia a lot, too. Oh, and people are always trying to rhyme her first and middle names, which sounds pretty silly to me. Do people really think I'd name my kid NEE-ya de-LEE-ya? :rollseyes:

kellyjo32
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
I've always had name problems...my first name is Kelly Jo, middle is Ann but it always turns into Kelly Joann, which I despise! My mother was always so adament about it being Kelly Jo....Ann, that I guess it wore off. I went by Kelly most of the time, (unless I was in trouble :shock: )because it was just easier, but I was always having some problem with it. It's wrong on my license, work papers, work email, credit cards, etc. And I always thought it made me sound hick-ish. (where I'm from used to be very rural, lots of farms, not much around, and the last thing anyone wanted to be when they were young was a hick! - but it's a lot different here now, that's a whole other *rant* post!) But surprisingly enough, there was a girl in school, one year younger than me, that had the same name! I remember being so upset about that, because as much grief as Jo gave me, I secretly liked it. But I remember always wanted to be called KJ, but it never took :(
But my poor hubby....named after Kris Kristopherson (or however you spell it!), it's just Kris...but we get phone calls and mail for Mrs. Kris, we even got a beauty pageant thing, addressed to Ms. Kris....I had to giggle! :rofling:

tab
04-20-2006, 06:54 AM
The only Kieran I've ever known was a little boy in my first grade class. I've never thought of it as a name for a girl, but now I'm reconsidering. :thinking:
Tabitha isn't a very common name. It was never misspelled on monogrammed things because it was never on them in the first place. People always used to spell it Tabatha or pronounce it ta-BITH-a. Accent on the first syllable, folks. :mad:

As for celebrity children names, Frank Zappa's kids had it pretty bad... Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin.

mulene
04-20-2006, 07:14 AM
I read this yesterday and didn't get to reply. I did think of Peaches Pixie and Fifitrixibelle - all children to Paula Yates and Bob Geldof. Paula then left Bob and ran off with Michael Hutchence from INXS (who later killed himself in a hotel room in Sydney from some erotic asphyxiation thing) and had a baby with him. The child from Hutchence/Yates union is called Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily.

Paula always did have odd taste ;)

My ex fiance's brother called his daughter Tabitha which to me always was a cats name :rofling: However it was something to do with bewitched his favourite tv show

tab
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Yup - when I was little, I had books about Tabitha the tabby cat (and even a necklace!) and I still get the Bewitched thing a lot. "Can you wiggle your nose?" If I had magical powers, I don't think I'd find myself frogging as much as I do. :rofling:

TwoLeftNeedles
04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
The only Kieran I've ever known was a little boy in my first grade class. I've never thought of it as a name for a girl, .

It is a male name. Male Irish saint (or my brother, but the saint came first). And people just think that he's Karen. :rollseyes:

aylaanne
04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
The only Kieran I've ever known was a little boy in my first grade class. I've never thought of it as a name for a girl, .

It is a male name. Male Irish saint (or my brother, but the saint came first). And people just think that he's Karen. :rollseyes:
It is technically a boy's name, but I think it's nice as a girl's name. It means "black" in gaelic. I first heard it as a girls name, so I like it that way. :) Besides, "Jordan" is a boy's name too but I've heard many a girl named that.

Lindsey H
04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I never could find anything with Lindsey on it when I was growing up. My parents gave me the name before it became popular. Now you see it spelled every which way. I guess parents were trying to offset my maiden name, Smith. My poor dad was John Smith. I still love looking in tacky souvenier places at the little license plates and such and finding my name. Our youngest son is Nathaniel but we call him Nat. It was a popular southern nickname in the past but not so much anymore. My mom actually found a little license plate in Pennsylvania last year with Nat on it. I couldn't believe it.

NakedPancakes
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM
My name is pretty common. It's Savannah but alot of my teachers can't get it right at first. They usually call me Samantha or Susannah. They can't spell it either.

Not many people have heard of my middle name though. I think it used to be a name of a small country or something. I'm not sure. People always ask how to spell it and pronounce it. I think it's pretty simple and obvious. Thrace.

HollyP
04-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I love my name, Holly but people are always asking with an 'ie' or 'ey'- just a 'y' thanks! And I always get were you born around Christmas? Nope my parents just really like the name and it went well with my last name which is kind of long.

My sister went to highschool with a Kimberly Wimberly. Her parents were trying to be cute. I am pretty sure she only went by Kim. I ran into a few years ago and introduce her to some friends who were with me as Kim Wimberly. She said no, I got married last month and its Jones now thank goodness!

Jan in CA
04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
My sister went to highschool with a Kimberly Wimberly. Her parents were trying to be cute. I am pretty sure she only went by Kim. I ran into a few years ago and introduce her to some friends who were with me as Kim Wimberly. She said no, I got married last month and its Jones now thank goodness!

Oh my.. :roflhard: A woman I used to know got married and her name was Shirley Turley. I think I would have kept my maiden name. :roflhard:

I almost forgot... in HS I dated two guys who's names were Chris Cross and Rick Shaw. Think they got teased? :rollseyes: :roflhard:

glomper
04-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Now that others have mentioned people's married names that reminds me of a woman I knew of who once she married became "Heather Leather" - shoulda had the hubby change his name me thinks.

And what is it with the "ayden" thing. Since I have had my children I have come across kids called "rayden, Jayden, Aidan, Brayden, Bleyden Bayden and Cayden" are these real names or do people hear something similar and just change the first initial? Apart from Aidan I never heard of any of these names until 7 years ago. :??

aylaanne
04-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Now that others have mentioned people's married names that reminds me of a woman I knew of who once she married became "Heather Leather" - shoulda had the hubby change his name me thinks.

And what is it with the "ayden" thing. Since I have had my children I have come across kids called "rayden, Jayden, Aidan, Brayden, Bleyden Bayden and Cayden" are these real names or do people hear something similar and just change the first initial? Apart from Aidan I never heard of any of these names until 7 years ago. :??
My brother's name is Aiden, which is a variation, but it still means "sacred fire" which is so true to my brother. :) The variations are wierd though.

KatyKoolkat
04-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, my name has a story to it too. My parents fought over my name (so the story goes) because my dad wanted to name me Katrina and my mom wanted Katy. My dad won, but sort of. I was named Katrina Marlene, but apparently when I was seven I changed my own name to Katy (which is my ggrandmothers name), and now the only person who calls me Katrina is my dad.!!lol

On another note, if I ever have children their names could be: Caley Phillip Christopher (boy), Kayleigh Marlene (girl), Sarah Kathleen Rose (girl), or Michael Phillip Caley (boy).

K

Anya
04-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah... My name, Anya. Most people don't pronounce it correctly, and many don't spell it correctly either. I've gotten used to answerign to many differenet names; Ann, Anna, Annie, Amy, Angie... ya know, pretty much anything that starts with an A.
I wanted my DDs to have something original, too, but not so much that people can't spell it. DD1 is Julia, and well, that became suddenly popular, so there are many Julia's around here :rollseyes:
And DD2 is Ellen. Nice, simple, and not too ordinary, not too common. Though, already she's been called Helen half a dozen times.

gardenmommy
04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm a Kristen, (just like Jan's ;) ) but would get called "Kristine" a lot, and hardly ever found things spelled with the E, but lots of Kristin stuff.

My kids are

Kelton Michael who is 9 (we thought we had made up his name, but found it is really a British name meaning "from the port town") DH's first name is actually Michael, but he goes by his middle name, Ryan, since it is also HIS dad's name.

Meredith Kate who is 7, not named after anybody in particular, but I think a Meredith Brooks song was popular around the time she was born and DH came up with the name. I liked Kate too. I always wanted to be named Katie when I was a kid. ;)

Jagger Luke who is 5. Another one DH came up with. No, not after Mick Jagger, although he is a Rolling Stones fan. Luke after my brother who died a couple months before Jagger was born, but DH also has a brother named Luke (actually both are Lucas)

Hayden Marie, who is 6 months. Hayden is my mom's maiden name, and Marie was DH's grandma's name.

HollyP
04-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I love the name Hayden!
When I was in highschool I dated a guy named Heath for 2.5 years. His last name was Higgins. We always joked that if we got married we would name our kids all H names. It wouldn't have been a statement it was all to save on monograming. Everyone would be HH-oh the minds of 15 yr olds! Hayden was one of the names.
Wow I hadn't thought about that in years!

blogGreen88
04-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Are you talking about wedding invitations (http://omak.info /s-wedding-invitations.html) or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for wedding invitations perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as international student (http://omak.info /s-international-student.html) or perspex (http://omak.info /s-perspex.html) or photo viewer (http://omak.info /s-photo-viewer.html).
You can search on the homepage (http://omak.info ) try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.